RemedySpot.com

Thank you Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for responding and your advice, sorry i have not got back to you sooner but my father passed away so life went on hold. How are you now, do you feel almost back to normal.

Now that i have read so many of the posting and the various symtoms other sufferers have, I think i may have got off lightly.

I am going to contact my surgeon again just to see if there are any further treatments they can do.

Thank you again for your advice.

take care

sarah

- long time sufferer - new member

I've just moved my pc to a more comfortable area so I can write more. I'm 1 week post-op and still really tired, but I did want to respond here to :It sounds like you are not quite sure what your surgery consisted of when you were 11 yrs. old, and I would highly suggest you request your medical records from the dr who performed it, because you will need all the details as you progress to resolve your Achalasia (were you diagnosed with this?)Your current GI doctor can relay to you all the "new" options you may have now, to include tests, dialation, botox, and maybe more up-to-date surgical procedures than what they had for you back in 1982.Many "A" people on here have spasms of which I really didn't experience pre-surgery other than a tiny grip that didn't last long, in the middle of the chest. But since last week, I had one spasm on our 4 hr drive home - but I didn't panic, because I remembered that you all said DRINK WATER QUICKLY and I did. Then just last night I had a 2nd spasm that really made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Again I drank water, but this one lasted longer and after laying down it subsided after 15 min. Hope this isn't going to be a regular thing, but I can deal with it if the trade is the ability to EAT & DRINK.When I was new to this chat sight, I made files for myself and when I read something that I might later want to refer to, I put it in my own personal files: (i.e.) Spasms - Medicine - Surgery - Food - Smoothies - "A" Web sights - etc. There is so much info on here and support, that you'll get all your questions answered. Welcome and may God lead you down the path that will resolve your eating problems.I'll write more later re my surgery.Joyce - WIP.S. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU FATHERS OUT THERE!---------------------------------------- > Hi all,> > i have only just discovered this site and am amazed that there are so > many people who suffer with this disorder. I was diagnosed in 1982 > aged 11, i'm 34 now, and as far as i was aware there were very few > sufferes at such a young age. I have had corrective surgery, which > kind, im afraid, i dont know. Initially i suffered with obstruction > in the oesophagus, dialation and considerable pain when eating or > drinking, i lost a lot of weight and being so young the only > alternative was to operate. >

• 4 years later...