RemedySpot.com

Re: CHRISTY_URGENT ATTENTION ALL from moderator Helen!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Hi,

To add on.... in these spam emails, you will find that the sender's name is actually an entire email address ie, "-owner @ ". This is actually the moderator's email address. It seems that the email is sent from the moderator's add to the same add, so Helen and I have been receiving these junk. We hope the mail will not reach the entire group again too...

Thanks Helen, for alerting all of us...really appreciate it!

Ling

From: "angelbear1129@..." <angelbear1129@...> Sent: Thursday, 18 December 2008 1:04:25Subject: Re: CHRISTY_URGENT ATTENTION ALL from moderator Helen!!!

With out opening it up you will just see -owner, once you open it you would see the entire -owner @ . That is not from this group, they are trying to make folks think it is. Cause when I first seen it this morning I thought it was from the group as all I paid attention to was the part and my subject line was, "why haven't you responded to me" being a moderator I presumed someone on the group needed help and I missed the posting. As soon as I opened it I seen the whole email address and knew it was spam. You shouldn't be getting anything from owner anyways, it would come from management if it was from the owner, like when the birthday announcements come out. If you can set spam control on yours, put their email address in it as it is written without spaces and it should get rid of it for you. ( I put spaces between the @ when I retyped it for folks to see as I didn't want

anyone to accidentally click on it)

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask. I will answer as best as I can.

Helen

Helen,

Will it just say -owner or will it include the @? I don't want to dare mess up and open something I shouldn't. Is it safe to say that the "From" won't have -owner in it at all? Sorry for all the questions; I've just been having a time with SPAM and nonsense stuff lately and I have a great virus protection program. I just don't understand some people.

Thanks,

Christy in NC

MERRY CHRISTMASTO ALLWHOBELIEVE!!!

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist. Download it now!