RemedySpot.com

Re: CHRISTY__ Is it just me? (Sorry so long)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you so very much for that. Unfortunately, I got another comment from my mother this afternoon that I don't think I deserved, and I cried for a bit, but then I just tried to think about starting the process of teaching myself not to let it have the emotional effects it had/has on me. If anyone has any coping strategies such as self-talk or anything, I'd love to hear about them. I have finally realized people like that are not going to change, but I have to change the way it makes me feel because only I can alter my reaction to the comments or gestures. Then I have the power, not giving it away to anyone else that's just going to hurt me. At this point, it's just a matter of self preservation and keeping my sanity.

Your friend,

Christy in NC

(Please pass this on to anyone who has gone through learning how not to get hurt.)

Re: CHRISTY__ Is it just me? (Sorry so long)

Christy,

Weather this is a pity party or not you got it off your chest, that helps us all out so much at times. We all go through this, a lot of us have no family or friends support and even the ones we do have just don't seem to understand what we are going through and seem to just humor us through. If it isn't something that they can see physically its a hard road for us. It IS so hard to deal with and very frustrating!!! You hang in there, all on here DO understand what your going through. Keep posting it does help. Hope the pain subsides soon...

((( Pain Free Hugs )))Helen

I had a monstrous reaction to Abilify prescribed to me by my neurologist for the reduction in my headaches. It didn't happen at first, but after a few days of building up in my system, oh my God! I was only on the lowest dose pill cut in half every morning, but I'm the one who has to be very careful what I take. Unfortunately, things that alot of people can take with no problems seem to have an opposite effect on me, so please don't take my word as the Gospel. I'm just a strange bird when it comes to certain medicines. I was told it had been very helpful to alot of migraineurs -- that's why I gave it a try. Do any of you just get sick and tired of being sick and tired from migraines and the associated problems like depression, anxiety, panic attacks, etc. And then add in the issue of non-supportive parents/family who I need sometimes because I'm an only child. Oh, how I wish I had brothers/sisters or a larger extended family. I don't mean for this to sound like a "pity party" but just to know I'm not the only one who ever feels this way would be so helpful. I used to be a career woman with a life and I miss that independence. I really used to have it all together. This(migraines) is such a nasty and debilitating condition, and I find the holidays make it worse for me because I can't be how I want to be. And I beat myself up over it -- mostly because certain family doesn't understand, even though I've tried explaining and invited them to accompany me to my neurologist appointments, thinking they would "hear" him.Sorry to sound so down. I hope all of you are having a good or atleast bearable day. This just isn't one of my better days unfortunately and thought some input might make me feel more hopeful or better in some way. Thanks for listening and sorry this is so long. I felt like I just had to get it out. You all take care!Your fellow migraineur,Christy in NC

MERRY CHRISTMASTO ALLWHOBELIEVE!!!

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.