RemedySpot.com

Re: Vit D Test (also: Margaret)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Darla,Either the testing is amiss or he is not breaking down the Vitamin D. I haven't heard of the latter although it's theoretically possible. I'll have a further look into this as it's up my alley so to speak. I'd really do another test if you can manage it. If it's NMOL/L. then it's quite disproportionate to the intake history. From: Darla <rexel4@...> Autism Treatment

Sent: Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 17:36 Subject: Re: Vit D Test (also: Margaret)

I just checked, it is 114 nmol/L overall with a breakdown of 111.4 of D3 and 2.8 of D2. I've just checked the Vit D content of his fave foods, there is absolutely no way that he could be getting such high doses and I've been taking the exact same drops as he has and mine is just adequate (although obviously I'm a heck of a lot bigger than him) so I wouldn't think it is the drops. And I'm not even consistent in giving them to him - it's not daily.

I will phone the lab and chat with them about the results. I will also check his medical records as I'm sure we must have had his Vit D tested on the NHS as he was tested for everything under the sun.

I'll redo the test if the lab thinks there was no problem and if it's still high then we will be off to the Endo that we refused to see before.

On 17 April 2012 17:23, JULIE GRIFFITHS <moppett1@...> wrote:

Darla, I'd say there might be something wrong with the testing. You'd need a very high amount in the thousands to get to 111. Is it NMOLS/L. If it's not, that might explain it...

Autism Treatment Sent: Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 17:17

Subject: Re: Vit D Test (also:

Margaret)

Thanks, . I won't supplement him any more. I was only giving him about 400 IUs a day! Not high as far as I could tell, right? Darla On 17 April 2012 16:59, JULIE GRIFFITHS <moppett1@...> wrote:

Darla, 111 is high. I'd be interested in how much 'D' you were giving daily?

From: Darla <rexel4@...> Autism-Biomedical <Autism Treatment >

Sent: Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 15:48 Subject:

Vit D Test (also: Margaret)

Margaret - just to let you know, they got the Vit D test for with the very small spots and one spot maybe just about the right size. I hope you have success with yours.Secondly, I have a question - I hope no one minds me asking about myself - my levels were at 52 which is considered adequate but only just adequate as 50 is the cut off. I have tested quite low previously in a test done by an NHS Rheumatologist and he gave me prescription Vit D -so I can see that my levels are up but 's level was 111 which is more than double mine. Should I increase my dose I wonder?

Also - I guess that I don't need to supplement him any longer except intermittently during the winter? Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks,Darla