RemedySpot.com

Re: **RECOGNIZING A STROKE**

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the problem is that 1/4 of the strokes are "silent", where there are NO symptoms at all and the only way to know if you had one is to have either a CT scan of the brain - but that is only appropriate for recent events- with in the last month or a MRI with contrast for anything older. what the scans look for is scar tissue and areas of brain damage. I know all to well about silent strokes because I had one that was caused by my sle/lupus.

nancie

[ ] **RECOGNIZING A STROKE**

It only takes a minute to read this...****A neurologist says that if he can get to a strokevictimwithin 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of astroke..._totally _. He said the trick was getting a strokerecognized,diagnosed, and then getting the patient medicallycared forwithin 3 hours, which is tough.****RECOGNIZING A STROKE****Thank God for the sense to remember the "3" steps,STR . Readand Learn!Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult toidentify.Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.The strokevictim may suffer severe brain damage when peoplenearby fail torecognize the symptoms of a stroke **.**Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke byaskingthree simp le questions:**S * **Ask the individual to SMILE.****T * **Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLESENTENCE(Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today)****R * **Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.****If he or she has tro uble with** **ANY ONE o f thesetasks,call 999/911 _immediately_ and describe the****symptoms to thedispatcher.* ***New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out YourTongue****NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask theperson to'stick' out his tongue.. If the tongue is 'crooked',if it goesto one side or the other **, **that is also anindication of astroke.

Thank you Nancie for sharing! Is there anything that you do now to prevent strokes? Love, Joy

[ ] **RECOGNIZING A STROKE**

It only takes a minute to read this...****A neurologist says that if he can get to a strokevictimwithin 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of astroke..._totally _. He said the trick was getting a strokerecognized,diagnosed, and then getting the patient medicallycared forwithin 3 hours, which is tough.****RECOGNIZING A STROKE****Thank God for the sense to remember the "3" steps,STR . Readand Learn!Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult toidentify.Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.The strokevictim may suffer severe brain damage when peoplenearby fail torecognize the symptoms of a stroke **.**Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke byaskingthree simp le questions:**S * **Ask the individual to SMILE.****T * **Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLESENTENCE(Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today)****R * **Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.****If he or she has tro uble with** **ANY ONE o f thesetasks,call 999/911 _immediately_ and describe the****symptoms to thedispatcher.* ***New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out YourTongue****NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask theperson to'stick' out his tongue.. If the tongue is 'crooked',if it goesto one side or the other **, **that is also anindication of astroke.