RemedySpot.com

Re: Health Care Providers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I live in Dallas/Fort Worth area and there a number of Medicare Part C plans like Humana, AARP, etc....some are free as far as monthly premiums....you just have the copays. The problem is a large number of the doctors in this area do not accept them. I have to go to pain management every month because I'm on the Duragesic patch and that doctor doesn't accept it....neither do my neurologist, internal med doc, pulmonologist, orthopedic, neuro-optomologist,....I think you get the drift. They all accept regular Medicare with a Medicare Supplement/Gap insurance. So it would be cheaper for me to go the Part C route, but the doctors that accept it around here are in Arlington, Fort Worth, and I'm sure other locations. All my doctors (except the ones at UT Southwestern

Medical Center) are within 5 minutes of my apartment. And they are all well known and known for staying up-to-date on new procedures, etc. The few here that would take the Part C are not recommended. So I'm holding out as long as I can with my Sierra Medigap and my Part D RX plan. I feel the day will come when I have no choice but to change to a Part C plan, but I'm not looking forward to it because all of the well known groups/clinics/practices around here won't take it. This is the type of thing I'm hoping will be changed as far as health care changes. My doctors have told me the Part C plans don't pay them even what regular Medicare pays them. I'm really not a firm believer in government controlled programs (I think they cause more harm than good), but they need to step in and stop these health care companies from giving us the shaft. If they would set some standards, across the board, it would be more

fair. I'm sure a number of providers would go away, but all we need are a few good ones to pick from anyway. That's just how I feel. Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: jeff white <inmissouri2003@...> Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:47:58 AMSubject: Re:

URL for free drug card from the good ole USA

I have the Humana gold choice plan here in SW Missouri. It is free for residents here and they manage all my medicare bills. I have been very very pleased with them. They watched over me thru 2 of my surgeries and home health care. Medicines that cost me hundreds each month now cost $5 each. My total out of pocket for the 2 operations which one of was a knee replacement was under $800 even tho i spent 11 days in the hospital and had home health care after wards.JeffFrom: B

<muttsmom55 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: URL for free drug card from the good ole USA@grou ps.comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 2:12 PM

Yes I was told that by every person I spoke with. It wouldn't have been so bad but I wear the Duragesic patch and even the generic is $168.00, plus my generic cholesterol medication is $55.00! And I'm on 11 medications. The patient assistance program wouldn't help me because "I had insurance". I even appealed with them and still got declined. So I went to my doctor mid October and we switched some of my meds to the Walmart $4.00 list and she gave me samples of Benicar (high blood pressure which costs about $55.00), enough to last till the end of the year, but I still ended up paying close to $600.00 for medications, and I'm on SSD. But I will never make that mistake again. Don't plan on moving out of state again and as long as the plans offer one

with gap coverage for at least generics, I'm ok. If that ever goes away (and I noticed that this next year in my area there are a lot fewer plans that have gap coverage), I'll have to go off the patch. I'm also going to tell my doctor I can't afford the Benicar, there are tons of generic high blood pressure medications and my new plan gave me the names of what they recommend. But I've really had nothing but problems with Medicare.... it seems to have settled down, I just hope Capital Hill doesn't have any nasty surprises for us. Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: Hefner <hefnerpatriciahefne rpatricia>@grou ps.comSent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:39:53 PMSubject: Re: URL for free drug card from the good ole USA

You logged hours on the phone with both Medicare and your RX plan? You were told you had to wait for open season?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Luther King

From: B <muttsmom55 (DOT) com>@grou ps.comSent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:25:22 AMSubject: Re: URL for free drug card from the good ole USA

Trust me, I logged hours on the phone with both Medicare and my RX Plan. I even called the State Board of Insurance. I was told I had to wait for open season. I was told a number of acceptable reasons to change, but because my plan WAS in my new area (just with modified benefits) I was told by ALL I couldn't change. It doesn't matter anymore, I've already called and changed for next year to a plan WITH Gap coverage. And I have enough meds to last to the end of the year. But I know you can call Medicare 3 times, one right after the other, talk to 3 different people and get 3 different answers. I was told that as people retire who work for Medicare, they are eliminating the positions. So when we call usually we talk to people who do not have the experience and knowledge necessary to answer all questions completely

correct. I'm just glad it's almost 2009!!

Take Care,

B. in TEXAS

From: Jo Lynne <jolynne4bellsouth (DOT) net>@grou ps.comSent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:43:50 PMSubject: Re: URL for free drug card from the good ole USA

you are allowed to change if what happened to you.

I have done it. Someone is giving you wrong info and

I am so sorry that it is happening to you. We have to

be our own Patient Advocate. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope you will be able to relax during the Holiday

Season. I feel like we are cattle being herded (sp)

the disabled people in the USA.

Drive thru surgeries etc.

Caring Hugs,

Jo Lynne

Re: URL for free drug card from the good ole USA

Right. We have open season from Nov 15 thru Dec 31st. But my drug plan changed in the summer what they covered and I wasn't allowed to change to one who would cover my drug. That's what I was trying to say. I am definitely changing to another one. I need to get on that, running out of time!!! I've already picked my new one just need to call them. Thanks for the website. I will definitely check it out.

Take Care,

B. in TEXAS