RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: It's been a while - Update on Progress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 9, 2012, at 15:54, Kellie -Geiger <kellieandjohn@...> wrote:

Hi Dr. Grim,

I re-looked at the Aldo numbers. It looks like I started out at 6.2 and ended up at 1.3 with a range from 4.5-35.4. So the (L) I have in there is abbreviated for low. What is the range for post saline is what u want to know.

That is good to know about the 400 mg dose of Inspira. For the short time I was on it I did not have any side effects or stomach upset. I will keep that in the back of my head. Yes, the potassium tabs are horrible on my stomach.

I thought you had replied to my list of questions yesterday but I can't find your email now so I will re-post for the group to see.

In looking at the results I have a couple of questions.

1- It looks like my potassium dropped through the day of the saline salt suppression test. Is that normal?Only common if u have PA OR ARE K DEPLETED before the saline.

2 - Aldosterone also dropped significantly through the day. Is that normal? I think you were getting saline on that day.

3 - Both ALT and Osmolaity were in high ranges. What does that signify?

Alt drinking a bit? Own dehydrated or common in PA NO worries.

4 - Urine Collection Data is on the left side at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

I can't remember if I told you that Inspira did not keep my potassium up so I am back on Spiro. It is nice not to have the stomach issues with potassium and on Spiro my migraines always go away.Dash more to get k without the pills.

Thanks,

Kellie

>

> > Hello!

> >

> > It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would update

> > everyone on where I am currently at.

> >

> > It's been a long road but I feel optimistic for 2012! I have updated

> > both my story within the Conn's Folder and also added an Excel

> > Spreadsheet of my Cleveland Clinic Results. I am going to copy and

> > paste my updates below from my story.

> >

> > ____

> >

> > For the entire Summer and Fall of 2011 I battled with stomach

> > issues. First from potassium supplements, then metformin, then

> > antiobiotics for a recurring sinus infection and then again with

> > potassium supplements. With all that going on it made it challenging

> > to DASH. With one of the bad stomach spells I actually went to the

> > Hospital only to find out I had some kind of infection which

> > prompted a two day stay where they performed an EDG and Colonoscopy.

> > Everything came back normal so they said I had IBS.

> >

> > Since I never felt like my body adjusted to Spiro I asked my Endo to

> > switch me to Inspira. She was very uncomfortable with this because

> > she had never prescribed it before. I feel she did not care for the

> > fact that I kept pushing for answers and perhaps knew more than she

> > did about PA due to this group. She basically released me from her

> > care to an ENDO I met during my 2 day stay hospital visit. This ENDO

> > was horrible and that was when I decided it was time for the

> > Cleveland Clinic.

> >

> > Starting in Mid September I switched from Spiro back to Potassium to

> > gear up for any blood tests that would be done at CC.

> >

> > My CC appointment was 12.6.11 and I loved the Doctor. She actually

> > read my huge file on my medical history, family history and all my

> > labs so we were able to jump right in. Like Dr. Grim she was pretty

> > certain I had PA. We started out with a ton of blood work that

> > afternoon and then I came back the next morning for the Saline Salt

> > Suppression Test.

> >

> > I received the results the week before Christmas. I test negative

> > for Conn's but am still producing excessive aldosterone. She feels

> > due to family history it is possible we carry the rarer familial

> > disorder of Conn's . I also found out I am insulin resistant which

> > connects a lot of dots as far as inability to lose weight. So she

> > prescribed me Inspira and I thought I was on to a happy life.

> > Unfortunately, it took less than a week for my potassium to drop.

> > Due to heaviness in the chest, heart palpitations, dizzy and being

> > nauseated I went to the hospital the day after Christmas. My K was

> > 3.6 which for me is really low although still considered normal.

> > Since I was on the maximum dosage of 100 mg Inspira I chose to go

> > back to Spiro. I can't say I feel well on Spiro but my K was always

> > consistent and I stayed out of the hospital. I have since bought

> > books on Insulin Resistance/PCOS (found out I had cysts on my

> > ovaries) during hospital as well. I am eating more protein and lots

> > of veggies. I also found out from a screening at work that my trig's

> > are sky high. When I came off Spiro in September they dropped back

> > down and within two weeks back on Spiro sky rocketed. The CC Doctor

> > is prescribing me Fish Oil since my short stint on Statin's caused

> > lots of side effects. If that doesn't bring them down she said I

> > should come off Spiro. I fix one problem only to take on another. I

> > am starting the Fish Oil today.

> >

> > Stay tuned.

> >

> > _____________

> >

> > See Cleveland Clinic Results named Kellie's Cleveland Clinic Results

> >

> > Female – Age 41 – Height: 5'5" – Weight since first low potassium

> > incident is at an all time high of 185.Treated for HTN from age

> > 18-32 when it suddenly dropped in 2002. Started HCTZ for swelling in

> > 04'.

> > Tested negative for PA but I am still producing too much

> > aldosterone. No tumor on adrenal gland. Insulin resistant-

> > Hypoglycemic-No testing of AVS.

> > MRI revealed benign tumor in left eye socket

> > Light DASHing due to stomach issues in conjunction with Weight

> > Watchers and Insulin Resistant Diet

> > Meds: 100 mg of spiro in the morning and 50 mg in the evening. 5mg

> > Bystolic and 2mg Fish Oil twice Daily

> > Consulting services with Dr. Grimm

> >

> >

>

How much did u pee during the saline infusion?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 9, 2012, at 15:42, Kellie -Geiger <kellieandjohn@...> wrote:

Hello!

When I spoke to my Doctor I didn't have the results in front of me so I didn't have anything to ask her questions about. I'm not sure why she doesn't think I have PA. I don't know a lot about the saline suppression tests but I think my numbers would have been a lot higher and more urine volume.

After I looked over the results yesterday I asked Dr. Grim a half dozen questions about my results.

At the time of testing I was taking 20 meq's Potassium and 5mg bystolic for blood pressure.

> >

> > Hello!

> >

> > It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would update everyone on where I am currently at.

> >

> > It's been a long road but I feel optimistic for 2012! I have updated both my story within the Conn's Folder and also added an Excel Spreadsheet of my Cleveland Clinic Results. I am going to copy and paste my updates below from my story.

> >

> > ____

> >

> > For the entire Summer and Fall of 2011 I battled with stomach issues. First from potassium supplements, then metformin, then antiobiotics for a recurring sinus infection and then again with potassium supplements. With all that going on it made it challenging to DASH. With one of the bad stomach spells I actually went to the Hospital only to find out I had some kind of infection which prompted a two day stay where they performed an EDG and Colonoscopy. Everything came back normal so they said I had IBS.

> >

> > Since I never felt like my body adjusted to Spiro I asked my Endo to switch me to Inspira. She was very uncomfortable with this because she had never prescribed it before. I feel she did not care for the fact that I kept pushing for answers and perhaps knew more than she did about PA due to this group. She basically released me from her care to an ENDO I met during my 2 day stay hospital visit. This ENDO was horrible and that was when I decided it was time for the Cleveland Clinic.

> >

> > Starting in Mid September I switched from Spiro back to Potassium to gear up for any blood tests that would be done at CC.

> >

> > My CC appointment was 12.6.11 and I loved the Doctor. She actually read my huge file on my medical history, family history and all my labs so we were able to jump right in. Like Dr. Grim she was pretty certain I had PA. We started out with a ton of blood work that afternoon and then I came back the next morning for the Saline Salt Suppression Test.

> >

> > I received the results the week before Christmas. I test negative for Conn's but am still producing excessive aldosterone. She feels due to family history it is possible we carry the rarer familial disorder of Conn's . I also found out I am insulin resistant which connects a lot of dots as far as inability to lose weight. So she prescribed me Inspira and I thought I was on to a happy life. Unfortunately, it took less than a week for my potassium to drop. Due to heaviness in the chest, heart palpitations, dizzy and being nauseated I went to the hospital the day after Christmas. My K was 3.6 which for me is really low although still considered normal. Since I was on the maximum dosage of 100 mg Inspira I chose to go back to Spiro. I can't say I feel well on Spiro but my K was always consistent and I stayed out of the hospital. I have since bought books on Insulin Resistance/PCOS (found out I had cysts on my ovaries) during hospital as well. I am eating more protein and lots of veggies. I also found out from a screening at work that my trig's are sky high. When I came off Spiro in September they dropped back down and within two weeks back on Spiro sky rocketed. The CC Doctor is prescribing me Fish Oil since my short stint on Statin's caused lots of side effects. If that doesn't bring them down she said I should come off Spiro. I fix one problem only to take on another. I am starting the Fish Oil today.

> >

> > Stay tuned.

> >

> > _____________

> >

> > See Cleveland Clinic Results named Kellie's Cleveland Clinic Results

> >

> >

> > Female – Age 41 – Height: 5'5" – Weight since first low potassium incident is at an all time high of 185.Treated for HTN from age 18-32 when it suddenly dropped in 2002. Started HCTZ for swelling in 04'.

> > Tested negative for PA but I am still producing too much aldosterone. No tumor on adrenal gland. Insulin resistant-Hypoglycemic-No testing of AVS.

> > MRI revealed benign tumor in left eye socket

> > Light DASHing due to stomach issues in conjunction with Weight Watchers and Insulin Resistant Diet

> > Meds: 100 mg of spiro in the morning and 50 mg in the evening. 5mg Bystolic and 2mg Fish Oil twice Daily

> > Consulting services with Dr. Grimm

> >

>

I asked how much not how many times. It is the volume I recommend u have them measure during the saline. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 10, 2012, at 15:37, Kellie -Geiger <kellieandjohn@...> wrote:

I only peed twice during the 6 hour infusion.

> > > >

> > > > Hello!

> > > >

> > > > It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would update everyone on where I am currently at.

> > > >

> > > > It's been a long road but I feel optimistic for 2012! I have updated both my story within the Conn's Folder and also added an Excel Spreadsheet of my Cleveland Clinic Results. I am going to copy and paste my updates below from my story.

> > > >

> > > > ____

> > > >

> > > > For the entire Summer and Fall of 2011 I battled with stomach issues. First from potassium supplements, then metformin, then antiobiotics for a recurring sinus infection and then again with potassium supplements. With all that going on it made it challenging to DASH. With one of the bad stomach spells I actually went to the Hospital only to find out I had some kind of infection which prompted a two day stay where they performed an EDG and Colonoscopy. Everything came back normal so they said I had IBS.

> > > >

> > > > Since I never felt like my body adjusted to Spiro I asked my Endo to switch me to Inspira. She was very uncomfortable with this because she had never prescribed it before. I feel she did not care for the fact that I kept pushing for answers and perhaps knew more than she did about PA due to this group. She basically released me from her care to an ENDO I met during my 2 day stay hospital visit. This ENDO was horrible and that was when I decided it was time for the Cleveland Clinic.

> > > >

> > > > Starting in Mid September I switched from Spiro back to Potassium to gear up for any blood tests that would be done at CC.

> > > >

> > > > My CC appointment was 12.6.11 and I loved the Doctor. She actually read my huge file on my medical history, family history and all my labs so we were able to jump right in. Like Dr. Grim she was pretty certain I had PA. We started out with a ton of blood work that afternoon and then I came back the next morning for the Saline Salt Suppression Test.

> > > >

> > > > I received the results the week before Christmas. I test negative for Conn's but am still producing excessive aldosterone. She feels due to family history it is possible we carry the rarer familial disorder of Conn's . I also found out I am insulin resistant which connects a lot of dots as far as inability to lose weight. So she prescribed me Inspira and I thought I was on to a happy life. Unfortunately, it took less than a week for my potassium to drop. Due to heaviness in the chest, heart palpitations, dizzy and being nauseated I went to the hospital the day after Christmas. My K was 3.6 which for me is really low although still considered normal. Since I was on the maximum dosage of 100 mg Inspira I chose to go back to Spiro. I can't say I feel well on Spiro but my K was always consistent and I stayed out of the hospital. I have since bought books on Insulin Resistance/PCOS (found out I had cysts on my ovaries) during hospital as well. I am eating more protein and lots of veggies. I also found out from a screening at work that my trig's are sky high. When I came off Spiro in September they dropped back down and within two weeks back on Spiro sky rocketed. The CC Doctor is prescribing me Fish Oil since my short stint on Statin's caused lots of side effects. If that doesn't bring them down she said I should come off Spiro. I fix one problem only to take on another. I am starting the Fish Oil today.

> > > >

> > > > Stay tuned.

> > > >

> > > > _____________

> > > >

> > > > See Cleveland Clinic Results named Kellie's Cleveland Clinic Results

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Female â€" Age 41 â€" Height: 5'5" â€" Weight since first low potassium incident is at an all time high of 185.Treated for HTN from age 18-32 when it suddenly dropped in 2002. Started HCTZ for swelling in 04'.

> > > > Tested negative for PA but I am still producing too much aldosterone. No tumor on adrenal gland. Insulin resistant-Hypoglycemic-No testing of AVS.

> > > > MRI revealed benign tumor in left eye socket

> > > > Light DASHing due to stomach issues in conjunction with Weight Watchers and Insulin Resistant Diet

> > > > Meds: 100 mg of spiro in the morning and 50 mg in the evening. 5mg Bystolic and 2mg Fish Oil twice Daily

> > > > Consulting services with Dr. Grimm

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>