RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH.  The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable.  The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit.  Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why.  Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence.  I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51.  My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years.  Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom.  Her TSH never varied.  TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone.  It measures a pituitary hormone.  If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test.  Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete.  Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones. Val

Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:01 PM Subject: RE:

Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia

Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary

hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them?

T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones. Val

TSH = 2.51 may be fine for you.  The higher it is generally the fatter you are.  I went for years with a TSH of 78.  It is no wonder I put 70 pounds on my 96-lb-frame.  Ba*tar*s. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones.

I am pretty fat even with 2.51 :-) My BMI= 26.5 - 27.00 Natalia From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:30 PM Subject: RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia

TSH = 2.51 may be fine for you. The higher it is generally the fatter you are. I went for years with a TSH of 78. It is no wonder I put 70 pounds on my 96-lb-frame. Ba*tar*s. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50

should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you,

Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would

be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones.

TSH of 78 for year's. You must have been close to myxedeA madness or even coma. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 17, 2012, at 13:26, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

I am pretty fat even with 2.51 :-) My BMI= 26.5 - 27.00 Natalia From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:30 PM Subject: RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia

TSH = 2.51 may be fine for you. The higher it is generally the fatter you are. I went for years with a TSH of 78. It is no wonder I put 70 pounds on my 96-lb-frame. Ba*tar*s. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50

should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you,

Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would

be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones.

I wore long underwear, summer and winter and our house had no air conditioning.  I was darn ill and have no thanks for my physician who originally said he thought I had Lyme but then came up with an exotic form of arthritis.  Only years later, when I went in and told him I was gonna' die, did he think to check my TSH again.  This was before the Internet where we can now look everything up. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim TSH of 78 for year's. You must have been close to myxede A madness or even coma. From: Valarie <val@...> I went for years with a TSH of 78. It is no wonder I put 70 pounds on my 96-lb-frame. Ba*tar*s..

Ah but do you feel better on DASH and eplere?On Jan 14, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:01 PM Subject: RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual thyroid hormones. Val

I definitely feel much better on Dash and eplerenone. Might then my TSH = 2.51 be a problem too? Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:54 AM Subject: Re:

Ah but do you feel better on DASH and eplere?On Jan 14, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia

From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:01 PM Subject: RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The

National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored

triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual

thyroid hormones. Val

I definitely feel much better on Dash and eplerenone. Might then my TSH = 2.51 be a problem too? Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:54 AM Subject: Re:

Ah but do you feel better on DASH and eplere?On Jan 14, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Thank you, Val. I will try to ask about repeating Free T3 and Free T4. But I cannot say that I feel much worse than normal on Dash and epler. Natalia

From: Valarie <val@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:01 PM Subject: RE: Re: Symptoms and Thanks attn Natalia Natalia, there has been a long-running dispute about TSH. The

National Society of Clinical Endos says an upper limit of 3.00 is acceptable. The lab biologists organization says 2.50 should be the upper limit. Still, most labs still use that higher number and I don't know why. Perhaps insurance companies or government have an influence. I just know that I'd be on the floor with a TSH of 2.51. My daughter-in-law had about a TSH of 2.5 for years. Upon testing her actual thyroid numbers showed her FreeT3 way below the bottom of the range and her Free T4 at the very bottom. Her TSH never varied. TSH doesn't measure actual thyroid hormone. It measures a pituitary hormone. If there's something wrong with that system, TSH is not a valid test. Once on Armour thyroid, she went on to be a Team USA sponsored

triathlete. Prior to getting thyroid, she was mostly on the couch. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Natalia Kamneva Thank you, Val. Could you, please, tell me why 2.51 is so bad, if their reference range is 0.4 - 4.5? I could not find T3 in my tests, but T4 Free was done in March 2011, see below. Should I ask the endo to repeat them? T4, FREE1.2 NG/DLREFERENCE RANGE0.80-1.8 From: Valarie <val@...> Natalia, I would be barely able to drag my body around with a TSH of 2.51 mIU/L. A good level for TSH is about 1.00, but you need FreeT3 and Free T4 to get the whole picture. If your pituitary is not up to snuff, a TSH is no good because it measures a pituitary hormone (TSH) and not actual

thyroid hormones. Val

TSH not likely a problem.Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.On Jan 23, 2012, at 07:44 PM, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

I definitely feel much better on Dash and eplerenone. Might then my TSH = 2.51 be a problem too?Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:54 AM Subject: Re:

thyroid hormones. Val