RemedySpot.com

Low Testosterone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If one has testosterone in the low range, but always wakes up with an erection, for ex.. does this mean that the sex drive is ok and no testosterone replacement is indicated or are there other things to look for as well?? thanksDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

If one has testosterone in the low range, but always wakes up with an erection, for ex.. does this mean that the sex drive is ok and no testosterone replacement is indicated or are there other things to look for as well?? thanksDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

I think this is a perfect case of focusing too much on numbers.

If you wake up with a boner, the mechanism works, but remember that

testosterone levels are normally higher in the early am. That's why

men have " morning wood. "

If your hormones are within normal limits, and you feel like your

energy is ok, and your libido is good, all's fine.

If you have concerns about how you're doing, I'd talk to my doctor

about it.

JB

I think this is a perfect case of focusing too much on numbers.

If you wake up with a boner, the mechanism works, but remember that

testosterone levels are normally higher in the early am. That's why

men have " morning wood. "

If your hormones are within normal limits, and you feel like your

energy is ok, and your libido is good, all's fine.

If you have concerns about how you're doing, I'd talk to my doctor

about it.

JB

• 7 months later...

Question.. If someone has low or low normal testosterone.. but every morning, wakes up with an erection..does that mean that no treatment is needed?? Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

yes ...do not mess with using testosterone and your hormonal axis if you do not have symptoms of low testosterone. Remember: "Low" is a relative term. It compares you to many other patients. But your "low" may be good enough for you.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa.org

In a message dated 9/30/2008 7:27:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hoppefaith@... writes:

Question.. If someone has low or low normal testosterone.. but every morning, wakes up with an erection..does that mean that no treatment is needed??

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators. Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Get a new doctor. The crap you're hearing is the same same crap I heard for years. Most doctors don't understand hormones, so they recommend against them. My life has improved immensely through testosterone supplementation.

Good luck

Mark

• 3 years later...

This is extracted from an article by web-md (I'll post the entire article in

files if you want to see it). Dr. Grim, should this be taken into consideration

when deciding which MCB to RX? (I'm 6 for 6!)

Low Testosterone Affects Health, Mood, and Sex

The content below was selected by the WebMD Editorial staff and is solely under

WebMD's editorial control.

Low Testosterone and Your Health

Researchers are unlocking the mysteries of how low testosterone is related to

men's overall health. Along the way, they're uncovering connections between low

testosterone and other health conditions.

Diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, and high blood pressure have all been

linked to testosterone deficiency. Low testosterone isn't known to cause these

health problems, and replacing testosterone isn't the cure. Still, the

associations between low testosterone and other medical conditions are

interesting and worth a look.

Testosterone and Other Conditions

Low testosterone often exists with other medical conditions:

Depression: In a study of almost 4,000 men older than 70, those with the lowest

testosterone levels were more than twice as likely to be depressed. This link

remained even after allowing for age, general health, obesity, and other

variables.

Erectile dysfunction (ED): Problems with erections are one of the most common

symptoms of low testosterone. Most ED is caused by atherosclerosis. Men with

risk factors for atherosclerosis -- diabetes, metabolic syndrome, or obesity --

often have low testosterone, too.

High blood pressure: The effects of testosterone on blood pressure are many and

complex. Men with high blood pressure may be almost twice as likely to have low

testosterone as men with normal blood pressure. On the other hand, too much

testosterone can increase blood pressure. Testosterone acts in multiple ways on

blood vessels, so this may account for the varying effects.

- 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with

previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59

BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD

and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and

Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

Since when did men start getting hormones?

From: <jclark24p@...>Subject: Low Testosteronehyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 8:32 PM

This is extracted from an article by web-md (I'll post the entire article in files if you want to see it). Dr. Grim, should this be taken into consideration when deciding which MCB to RX? (I'm 6 for 6!)Low Testosterone Affects Health, Mood, and SexThe content below was selected by the WebMD Editorial staff and is solely under WebMD's editorial control. Low Testosterone and Your HealthResearchers are unlocking the mysteries of how low testosterone is related to men's overall health. Along the way, they're uncovering connections between low testosterone and other health conditions.Diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, and high blood pressure have all been linked to testosterone deficiency. Low testosterone isn't known to cause these health problems, and replacing testosterone isn't the cure. Still, the associations between low testosterone and other medical conditions are interesting and worth a

look.Testosterone and Other ConditionsLow testosterone often exists with other medical conditions:Depression: In a study of almost 4,000 men older than 70, those with the lowest testosterone levels were more than twice as likely to be depressed. This link remained even after allowing for age, general health, obesity, and other variables. Erectile dysfunction (ED): Problems with erections are one of the most common symptoms of low testosterone. Most ED is caused by atherosclerosis. Men with risk factors for atherosclerosis -- diabetes, metabolic syndrome, or obesity -- often have low testosterone, too. High blood pressure: The effects of testosterone on blood pressure are many and complex. Men with high blood pressure may be almost twice as likely to have low testosterone as men with normal blood pressure. On the other hand, too much testosterone can increase blood pressure. Testosterone acts in multiple ways on blood

vessels, so this may account for the varying effects. - 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59 BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD and PTSD.Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.