RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: VA and telehealth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good point. However in watching a tech set one of these up and training a patient several problems were encountered. So if BP is high by there readings it would be more ammunition for him. Even if it were falsely high. If the BP readings are low (but falsely low) the he is not served by this. The standard for them is to only take a single pressure each day. But do not know what they due out your way. I think the patient can enter only 1 BP at a time. What I am doing here is to have the pt take 3 discard the first and then enter the average of the last two readings as their reading. On Jan 23, 2012, at 8:34 PM, wrote: Do you have experience with it Dr. Grim? I figured it would provide information on their equipment by their standards so they would be hardpressed to discount the results! One of his complaints is never getting a good BP reading or no time to relax before they take it. I agree and have resolved that issue for me. If you had a chance to review the written summary he reported there appeared to be some inccurate assumptions. Until he gets an accurate DX I don't understand what harm it would be. He would also have another advocate to review the situation. And if he decides it is too much he can always opt out! And maybe he can save gas money! It sounds like a win/win to me. > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at this time. > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play right on my computer. > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/ > > > > >

Good. CEGOn Jan 24, 2012, at 2:01 AM, wrote: I thought you might have seen it. Dr. Webster and I didn't persue because we were both satisfied with my results and I have earned her trust in the numbers I report to her! > > > > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > this time. > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > right on my computer. > > > > > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Good. CEGOn Jan 24, 2012, at 2:01 AM, wrote: I thought you might have seen it. Dr. Webster and I didn't persue because we were both satisfied with my results and I have earned her trust in the numbers I report to her! > > > > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > this time. > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > right on my computer. > > > > > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Don't think we have this out here yet.My experience with electronic stethoscopes is not good. Can't ever get them to sound like a real one.CE Grim MDOn Jan 24, 2012, at 4:29 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: There are two types of telehealth setup that the VA is using. If you watch the first Video It shows where one goes to to VA near them. Then both someone at VA and the Dr. that is consulting work together. The equipment lets the consulting watch and hear every thing. Can even hear on the stethoscope. > > > > > > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > > this time. > > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > > right on my computer. > > > > > > > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Don't think we have this out here yet.My experience with electronic stethoscopes is not good. Can't ever get them to sound like a real one.CE Grim MDOn Jan 24, 2012, at 4:29 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: There are two types of telehealth setup that the VA is using. If you watch the first Video It shows where one goes to to VA near them. Then both someone at VA and the Dr. that is consulting work together. The equipment lets the consulting watch and hear every thing. Can even hear on the stethoscope. > > > > > > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > > this time. > > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > > right on my computer. > > > > > > > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Plus there's a certain percussiveness to using a real one that is hard to describe because its more of a feeling. I trained my ears to listen and feel. Those are nuances that can't be taught, but mostly because I wanted to get it right as a young medic and not miss anything, nor be embarrassed if I got it wrong.

There are two types of telehealth setup that the VA is using. If you watch the first Video It shows where one goes to to VA near them. Then both someone at VA and the Dr. that is consulting work together. The equipment lets the consulting watch and hear every thing. Can even hear on the stethoscope. > > >

>> > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > > this time.> > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > > right on my computer.> > > > >> > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >>

>>

Plus there's a certain percussiveness to using a real one that is hard to describe because its more of a feeling. I trained my ears to listen and feel. Those are nuances that can't be taught, but mostly because I wanted to get it right as a young medic and not miss anything, nor be embarrassed if I got it wrong.

There are two types of telehealth setup that the VA is using. If you watch the first Video It shows where one goes to to VA near them. Then both someone at VA and the Dr. that is consulting work together. The equipment lets the consulting watch and hear every thing. Can even hear on the stethoscope. > > >

>> > > > > Not sure why this was part of my PCP visit I do know that I was > > > not asked about it so this statement is not true Home Telehealth > > > (CCHT) Referral: Patient declines participation in CCHT Program at > > > this time.> > > > > How ever I did look to see what telehealth was. Would do it if > > > it was done with Dr Grim being the VA Dr on the other end. More > > > information can be found here. Only one of the Videos would play > > > right on my computer.> > > > >> > > > > http://www.telehealth.va.gov/> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >>

>>