RemedySpot.com

Re: [hyperaPBldosteronism] Blood Pressure 140 / 92 with Inspra and Norvasc - should I add 3rd medication?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tell us exactly how you are taking the BP.Has anyone checked your urine Na and K to document DASH?You might try chapter 9 exactly for 7-14 days and see if BP goes down any more.epeler may have increased your renin some so Aliskirin has something to work on. Same for an ACE or an ARB.Has renin been rechecked?I don't like clonidine too many side effects pts tell me.CE Grim MDOn Feb 7, 2012, at 12:36 PM, airlinerg wrote: My average blood pressure is 140 / 92 and I am on the DASH diet. I am already taking 100 mg Inspra in the AM and 100 mg Inspra in the PM and 5 mg of Norvasc in the PM. My doctors want to add one of these 3 medications to try to lower my blood pressure even more: 1. Aliskiren (renin inhibitor) - but my Renin is already non-detectible 2. Clonodine (alpha antagonist)- or 3. Telmisartan (ARB) - I used Losarta before alone before Inspra and it did not lower my blood pressure at all. Would any of these do any good in lowering my blood pressure since I am already taking Inspra (eplerenone) and Norvasc (amlodipine) or would they just cause more side effects?

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Grim:In May 2011 when my potassium and sodium were last measured in my 24 hour urine they were:Potassium 60 mmol/literSodium 86 mmol/literWhat does that potassium and sodium result mean?What should the ideal potassium and sodium be in a 24 hour urine sample?Please reply.> > > My average blood pressure is 140 / 92 and I am on the DASH diet.> >> > I am already taking 100 mg Inspra in the AM and 100 mg Inspra in the > > PM and 5 mg of Norvasc in the PM.> >> > My doctors want to add one of these 3 medications to try to lower my > > blood pressure even more:> >> > 1. Aliskiren (renin inhibitor) - but my Renin is already non- > > detectible> >> > 2. Clonodine (alpha antagonist)-> >> > or> >> > 3. Telmisartan (ARB) - I used Losarta before alone before Inspra and > > it did not lower my blood pressure at all.> >> > Would any of these do any good in lowering my blood pressure since I > > am already taking Inspra (eplerenone) and Norvasc (amlodipine) or > > would they just cause more side effects?> >> >>

U want less sodium and more K what was the 24 hr urine volume. Need to multiply the Na concen by the volume. In L. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 25, 2012, at 10:06, airlinerg <airlinerg@...> wrote:

Dr. Grim:In May 2011 when my potassium and sodium were last measured in my 24 hour urine they were:Potassium 60 mmol/literSodium 86 mmol/literWhat does that potassium and sodium result mean?What should the ideal potassium and sodium be in a 24 hour urine sample?Please reply.> > > My average blood pressure is 140 / 92 and I am on the DASH diet.> >> > I am already taking 100 mg Inspra in the AM and 100 mg Inspra in the > > PM and 5 mg of Norvasc in the PM.> >> > My doctors want to add one of these 3 medications to try to lower my > > blood pressure even more:> >> > 1. Aliskiren (renin inhibitor) - but my Renin is already non- > > detectible> >> > 2. Clonodine (alpha antagonist)-> >> > or> >> > 3. Telmisartan (ARB) - I used Losarta before alone before Inspra and > > it did not lower my blood pressure at all.> >> > Would any of these do any good in lowering my

blood pressure since I > > am already taking Inspra (eplerenone) and Norvasc (amlodipine) or > > would they just cause more side effects?> >> >>