surgery.

>

> Lori

>

> Re: Bone Density Scan

>

>

>

> Yes - I am a 39 year old man, shouldn't have the bone loss of an old(er)

> woman. Not osteoporosis yet but well into osteopenia. Starting a Boneva

> regimen tomorrow. Doc said that it will not correct the existing problem

> but that it will stop it from getting worse.

>

> ie

>

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.8/415 - Release Date: 9/08/2006

>

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

>

>

>

>

I haven’t heard of Boniva here but

as I’m going back to my ENT on Monday for my checkup (first since surgery

last June) I’ll ask him about it. I’m hoping the polyps haven’t

returned.

samters [mailto:samters ] On Behalf Of Jim Brown

Sent: Friday, 11 August 2006 11:42

AM

samters

Subject: Re: Boniva

I was diagnosed with moderate osteoporosis 5 years ago (due to Prednisone). I

took Fosamax weekly

(plus vit. D and 1500mg calcium daily) for 2-3 years and was cured. My new bone

scan showed no

oseoporosis. I have discontinued the Fosamax, but still take 1000 mg calcium

daily. Looks like

these new drugs can really work.

Jim (Tx)

--- Lori Baur <loritruelori>

wrote:

> Boniva is a bisphosphonate that helps to maintain bone density. It's

usually used in

> postmenopausal women but I think it can also be used in the case of bone

loss from steroids as

> well as chemotherapy and women put into menopause early from chemotherapy

or surgery.

>

> Lori

>

> Re: Bone Density Scan

>

>

>

> Yes - I am a 39 year old man, shouldn't have the bone loss of an old(er)

> woman. Not osteoporosis yet but well into osteopenia. Starting a Boneva

> regimen tomorrow. Doc said that it will not correct the existing problem

> but that it will stop it from getting worse.

>

> ie

>

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this incoming message.

>

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

>

>

>

>

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.8/415 - Release Date: 9/08/2006

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.8/415 - Release Date: 9/08/2006

Don't ask about Boniva specifically, just ask about the bisphosphonates. I don't know if Boniva is a brand there anyway, but if you ask about the bisphosphonates I would imagine you would get a better response.

, exercise, especially weight-bearing exercise, is also very important to maintain bone density. Also vitamin D. Calcium without vitamin D and calcium without exercise will not do as much for your bones as a combination of them.

Last bone density test I did have osteopenia. I'm sure I still do. I don't know why they have not treated it. I have been reluctant myself to take another medication. I do take calcium and vitamin D and exercise, but I know it is not enough if you have osteoporosis already.

Lori

Great news! I was pretty much resigned to the fact that the damage was

done. I have added a good quality calcium (+ magnesium + vitamin D)

supplement to the daily pile of pills in addition to the Bonevia.

Had not heard that there could be a problem with efficacy of Bonevia - the

Doctor and I had selected it for the convenience of the once-a-month dosage.

I will follow up with him about those concerns on my next visit.

It is also an expensive sucker - about $40 a pill under my prescription

plan.

I am also trying to eat dairy products again - mostly avoided them the past

several years as they have a tendency to aggravate the asthma. Since I

started the Zyflo, I've been feeling so good that I have been willing to

risk the occasional ice cream cone - mmmmmmm, ICE CREAM the one thing that I

have missed.

ie

ie,

There are many sources of Calcium other than milk.

I have not been consuming dairy products for 20 years or so. I don’t miss it at all anymore. Greens, nuts, oranges and beans can cover your needs completely. Try calcium enriched orange juice. I have recently added hard cheese (aged white cheddar and parmesan) to my diet because I read that they have little lactose. So far I’ve tolerated them occasionally.

I believe that food sources of vitamins and minerals are far superior to pills. Your body is far more likely to absorb them with the food they come with.

I don’t know for sure, but check out the scare that if you take too much calcium, it could settle in parts of your body that you don’t want it, like your joints.

Good luck to you.

Pam

On 8/12/06 11:14 AM, " Saidel " <scott_saidel@...> wrote:

Great news! I was pretty much resigned to the fact that the damage was

done. I have added a good quality calcium (+ magnesium + vitamin D)

supplement to the daily pile of pills in addition to the Bonevia.

Had not heard that there could be a problem with efficacy of Bonevia - the

Doctor and I had selected it for the convenience of the once-a-month dosage.

I will follow up with him about those concerns on my next visit.

It is also an expensive sucker - about $40 a pill under my prescription

plan.

I am also trying to eat dairy products again - mostly avoided them the past

several years as they have a tendency to aggravate the asthma. Since I

started the Zyflo, I've been feeling so good that I have been willing to

risk the occasional ice cream cone - mmmmmmm, ICE CREAM the one thing that I

have missed.

ie

• 1 year later...

Most drugs are prescribed by doctors who are looking out for themselves, not the patient. They get some type of funds fpr promoting these killers. Best to got to a natropath or allopathic formula. It's always best to research everything, and check it out really good. Don't be a "guinea pig", ask questions, and seek the info for yourself! Be safe, not sorry!Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote: After watching Sally Fields spout for Boniva, I decided to find out what I could find

out. I have always liked her. Below is just a small part of the list of people who have taken it. would not accept the whole list as it was too large. However, I have uploaded it to our files, under Pharmaceuticals. Please warn all you know to stay away from it. Blessings, Joy There are 494 ratings for the drug: boniva in the Askapatient database. The average rating for boniva is 1.3. Results are sorted by date; scroll to bottom to see all opinions. Click column heading to change display order. Please help other patients by adding a rating. Rating Reason Side Effects Comments Sex Age Time Taken Email Date Added 1 Osteoporosis Pain that radiates and travels from my shoulder, to my hip, lower back, thigh, middle back, feet,left side of pelvis. It is different every day. Depression,crying for no reason at all.Did not feel like myself anymore. I told my doctor of these symptoms and he had me take a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and an ultrasound. Nothing diffinative was found and he then told me to go to a gastrointerologist.I was getting worse and worse. I was always very healthy and energetic.When I looked back over the last months the only new thing I was doing was taking this drug.I went online and started researching BONIVA.Then I read what others went through on Fosamex and Actonal. I was

shocked at how many people are suffering from side affects. I discussed this with my doctor who perscribed it and he did NOT think it was the Boniva and even suggested I continue to take the drug for another 2 months!!!!Was he looking out for me or the drug company?I wonder if he would say this to his wife or sister suffering from these pains!?A lot of people are being diagnosed as having fibromylgia when it could very well be the affects of these drugs.The drug BONIVA is marketed under another name in europe and it is used to tre F 55 7 months 1/31/2006 1 osteoporosis Joint/bone/muscle pain and limitation of motion in shoulder areas. I took one 150mg (once-monthly dose) of Boniva on Oct. 3, 2005 and about two weeks later began experiencing severe bone, joint, and muscle pain in both my shoulders. This occurred spontaneously, without any trauma or injury. I

didn't take any more Boniva, but I still have the severe pain together with limitation of motion, mostly in my left shoulder although I am right-handed. This has actually become worse instead of better, and has migrated into my right collar bone area and neck. I have an appointment to see my doctor this week. I need to know, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS of any DISEASE/DISORDER/SYNDROME involving this bisphosphonate-related joint/bone/muscle pain? Posted Jan. 30, 2006 F 65 1 days Email 1/30/2006 1 Have been taking the 1 a month for 5 months and developed severe shoulder pains. My left shoulder was swollen and could not raise my left arm overhead or to the side. I am stopping this immediately. Has anyone else had this side effect and did it go away after stopping the drug. F 75 5 months Email 1/27/2006

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I agree with you Yvette. People need to take responsibility for their own health. It's their bodies. I believe everyone on this group does or is at least learning. The problem is the people who rely on others to tell them what to believe, what they should be doing, and are lazy. They are the ones we need to reach, but how?

As to Allopathic doctors prescribing pharmaceuticals, I feel there are several factors:

1. They aren't taught in school.

2. Now they are practicing, and they do not have the time to study. They have families, too. Very little time.

3. Yes, some became doctors to get rich. Avoid them.

(There is an article, I posted a while back on what to look for in a doctor, and if you find any of the criteria, then avoid them.)

4. Also, there's the chain that is controlling more and more people: Pharmaceutical Companies -> FDA (government) -> Allopathic medicine. Are you aware that right now, there is in the works, procedures occurring to remove herbs and supplements from the market? From what I understand it will go into affect by 2010. Then what will we do? We will have to grow our own herbs if the seeds are available. However, I am sure the seeds will become illegal. Kryon, fore told this back in the 80s. Just as our food is being destroyed by permission of the FDA, all of the problems occurring now is part of the Spiritual shift this has started. Believe it or not.

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Blaylock (and more) are Allopathic doctors that truly understand. They do not like pharmaceuticals. It took Dr. Blaylock's brother's death to wake him up. He was out of the country, when his brother became sick and died. I sent that article, I believe yesterday.

I do like to use an Allopathic doctor for diagnosis, lab work, and surgeries, like my hip replacement. I only have to use them for diagnosis, once in a blue moon. Well, it's been many years since I had to.

Would love to hear comments about any of these comments, pro or con. Lots of Love, Joy

Re: [ ] Boniva

Most drugs are prescribed by doctors who are looking out for themselves, not the patient. They get some type of funds fpr promoting these killers. Best to got to a natropath or allopathic formula. It's always best to research everything, and check it out really good. Don't be a "guinea pig", ask questions, and seek the info for yourself! Be safe, not sorry!Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote:

After watching Sally Fields spout for Boniva, I decided to find out what I could find out. I have always liked her. Below is just a small part of the list of people who have taken it. would not accept the whole list as it was too large. However, I have uploaded it to our files, under Pharmaceuticals. Please warn all you know to stay away from it. Blessings, Joy

There are 494 ratings for the drug: boniva in the Askapatient database.

The average rating for boniva is 1.3. Results are sorted by date; scroll to bottom to see all opinions. Click column heading to change display order. Please help other patients by adding a rating.

Rating

Reason

Side Effects

Comments

Sex

Time Taken

Email

Date Added

Osteoporosis

Pain that radiates and travels from my shoulder, to my hip, lower back, thigh, middle back, feet,left side of pelvis. It is different every day. Depression,crying for no reason at all.Did not feel like myself anymore.

I told my doctor of these symptoms and he had me take a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and an ultrasound. Nothing diffinative was found and he then told me to go to a gastrointerologist.I was getting worse and worse. I was always very healthy and energetic.When I looked back over the last months the only new thing I was doing was taking this drug.I went online and started researching BONIVA.Then I read what others went through on Fosamex and Actonal. I was shocked at how many people are suffering from side affects. I discussed this with my doctor who perscribed it and he did NOT think it was the Boniva and even suggested I continue to take the drug for another 2 months!!!!Was he looking out for me or the drug company?I wonder if he would say this to his wife or sister suffering from these pains!?A lot of people are being diagnosed as having fibromylgia when it could very well be the affects of these drugs.The drug BONIVA is marketed under another name in europe and it is used to tre

F

7 months

1/31/2006

osteoporosis

Joint/bone/muscle pain and limitation of motion in shoulder areas.

I took one 150mg (once-monthly dose) of Boniva on Oct. 3, 2005 and about two weeks later began experiencing severe bone, joint, and muscle pain in both my shoulders. This occurred spontaneously, without any trauma or injury. I didn't take any more Boniva, but I still have the severe pain together with limitation of motion, mostly in my left shoulder although I am right-handed. This has actually become worse instead of better, and has migrated into my right collar bone area and neck. I have an appointment to see my doctor this week. I need to know, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS of any DISEASE/DISORDER/SYNDROME involving this bisphosphonate-related joint/bone/muscle pain? Posted Jan. 30, 2006

F

1 days

Email

1/30/2006

Have been taking the 1 a month for 5 months and developed severe shoulder pains. My left shoulder was swollen and could not raise my left arm overhead or to the side. I am stopping this immediately. Has anyone else had this side effect and did it go away after stopping the drug.

F

5 months

Email

1/27/2006

It's so sad to read stories like this, having problems with postmenapausal Ostepoporosis asking for a solution, the doc gives you this Boniva drug and they say take it for a month then see how it works, and you get symptoms of another disease, and the doc acts like your nuts, and tells you to stick with it for a few more months, instead of listening to your request and concerns.. Better to try alternative medicines, at least you wont develope another disease while trying it. The doc was more interested in his "interest" with the Big Pharma corporation than with his patient, shows character, No? Michele yvette moore <iqtraveler@...> wrote: Most drugs are prescribed by doctors who are looking out for themselves, not the patient. They get some type of funds fpr promoting these killers. Best to got to a natropath or allopathic formula. It's always best to research everything, and check it out really good. Don't be a "guinea pig", ask questions, and seek the info for yourself! Be safe, not sorry!Joyce Hudson <bjoyfuliglou> wrote: After watching Sally Fields spout for Boniva, I decided to find out what I could find out. I have always liked her. Below is just a small part of

the list of people who have taken it. would not accept the whole list as it was too large. However, I have uploaded it to our files, under Pharmaceuticals. Please warn all you know to stay away from it. Blessings, Joy There are 494 ratings for the drug: boniva in the Askapatient database. The average rating for boniva is 1.3. Results are sorted by date; scroll to bottom to see all opinions. Click column heading to change display order. Please help other patients by adding a rating. Rating Reason Side Effects Comments Sex Age Time Taken Email Date Added 1 Osteoporosis Pain that radiates and travels from my shoulder, to my hip, lower back, thigh, middle back, feet,left side of pelvis. It is different

every day. Depression,crying for no reason at all.Did not feel like myself anymore. I told my doctor of these symptoms and he had me take a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and an ultrasound. Nothing diffinative was found and he then told me to go to a gastrointerologist.I was getting worse and worse. I was always very healthy and energetic.When I looked back over the last months the only new thing I was doing was taking this drug.I went online and started researching BONIVA.Then I read what others went through on Fosamex and Actonal. I was shocked at how many people are suffering from side affects. I discussed this with my doctor who perscribed it and he did NOT think it was the Boniva and even suggested I continue to take the drug for another 2 months!!!!Was he looking out for me or the drug company?I wonder if he would say this to his wife or sister suffering from these

pains!?A lot of people are being diagnosed as having fibromylgia when it could very well be the affects of these drugs.The drug BONIVA is marketed under another name in europe and it is used to tre F 55 7 months 1/31/2006 1 osteoporosis Joint/bone/muscle pain and limitation of motion in shoulder areas. I took one 150mg (once-monthly dose) of Boniva on Oct. 3, 2005 and about two weeks later began experiencing severe bone, joint, and muscle pain in both my shoulders. This occurred spontaneously, without any trauma or injury. I didn't take any more Boniva, but I still have the severe pain together with limitation of motion, mostly in my left shoulder although I am right-handed. This has actually become worse instead of better, and has migrated into my right collar bone area and neck. I have an appointment to see my doctor this week. I need to know, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS of any DISEASE/DISORDER/SYNDROME involving this bisphosphonate-related joint/bone/muscle pain? Posted Jan. 30, 2006 F 65 1 days Email 1/30/2006 1 Have been taking the 1 a month for 5 months and developed severe shoulder pains. My left shoulder was swollen and could not raise my

left arm overhead or to the side. I am stopping this immediately. Has anyone else had this side effect and did it go away after stopping the drug. F 75 5 months Email 1/27/2006 Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

hjmm-

well, I take Boniva and I do just fine! I have sle and I am at severe risk for osteoporosis because of being on 10 years of high dose steroids [ decadron at 150 mg IV every month x 10 years straight] and I Also take natural medicine[ calcium, vit. D and magnesium] at the same time. But, natural medicine does Not work for me solely in this instance.

I think you are doing a disservice to people who have to be one these drugs because the natural medicine either does not work for them or it only does part of the job, as in my case. there are options in every person's case and allopathic medicine is one option and natural medicine is another. the Third option is to Combine the other two as in my case, also.

nancie

It's so sad to read stories like this, having problems with postmenapausal Ostepoporosis asking for a solution, the doc gives you this Boniva drug and they say take it for a month then see how it works, and you get symptoms of another disease, and the doc acts like your nuts, and tells you to stick with it for a few more months, instead of listening to your request and concerns..

Better to try alternative medicines, at least you wont develope another disease while trying it.

The doc was more interested in his "interest" with the Big Pharma corporation than with his patient, shows character, No?

Michele yvette moore <iqtraveler > wrote:

Most drugs are prescribed by doctors who are looking out for themselves, not the patient. They get some type of funds fpr promoting these killers. Best to got to a natropath or allopathic formula. It's always best to research everything, and check it out really good. Don't be a "guinea pig", ask questions, and seek the info for yourself! Be safe, not sorry!Joyce Hudson <bjoyfuliglou> wrote:

After watching Sally Fields spout for Boniva, I decided to find out what I could find out. I have always liked her. Below is just a small part of the list of people who have taken it. would not accept the whole list as it was too large. However, I have uploaded it to our files, under Pharmaceuticals. Please warn all you know to stay away from it. Blessings, Joy

The average rating for boniva is 1.3. Results are sorted by date; scroll to bottom to see all opinions. Click column heading to change display order. Please help other patients by adding a rating.

Rating

Reason

Side Effects

Comments

Sex

Time Taken

Email

Date Added

Osteoporosis

Pain that radiates and travels from my shoulder, to my hip, lower back, thigh, middle back, feet,left side of pelvis. It is different every day. Depression,crying for no reason at all.Did not feel like myself anymore.

I told my doctor of these symptoms and he had me take a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and an ultrasound. Nothing diffinative was found and he then told me to go to a gastrointerologist.I was getting worse and worse. I was always very healthy and energetic.When I looked back over the last months the only new thing I was doing was taking this drug.I went online and started researching BONIVA.Then I read what others went through on Fosamex and Actonal. I was shocked at how many people are suffering from side affects. I discussed this with my doctor who perscribed it and he did NOT think it was the Boniva and even suggested I continue to take the drug for another 2 months!!!!Was he looking out for me or the drug company?I wonder if he would say this to his wife or sister suffering from these pains!?A lot of people are being diagnosed as having fibromylgia when it could very well be the affects of these drugs.The drug BONIVA is marketed under another name in europe and it is used to tre

F

7 months

1/31/2006

osteoporosis

I took one 150mg (once-monthly dose) of Boniva on Oct. 3, 2005 and about two weeks later began experiencing severe bone, joint, and muscle pain in both my shoulders. This occurred spontaneously, without any trauma or injury. I didn't take any more Boniva, but I still have the severe pain together with limitation of motion, mostly in my left shoulder although I am right-handed. This has actually become worse instead of better, and has migrated into my right collar bone area and neck. I have an appointment to see my doctor this week. I need to know, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS of any DISEASE/DISORDER/SYNDROME involving this bisphosphonate-related joint/bone/muscle pain? Posted Jan. 30, 2006

F

1 days

Email

1/30/2006

Have been taking the 1 a month for 5 months and developed severe shoulder pains. My left shoulder was swollen and could not raise my left arm overhead or to the side. I am stopping this immediately. Has anyone else had this side effect and did it go away after stopping the drug.

F

5 months

Email

1/27/2006

Thank you Nancie. :-)

It's so sad to read stories like this, having problems with postmenapausal Ostepoporosis asking for a solution, the doc gives you this Boniva drug and they say take it for a month then see how it works, and you get symptoms of another disease, and the doc acts like your nuts, and tells you to stick with it for a few more months, instead of listening to your request and concerns..

Better to try alternative medicines, at least you wont develope another disease while trying it.

The doc was more interested in his "interest" with the Big Pharma corporation than with his patient, shows character, No?

Michele yvette moore <iqtraveler > wrote:

Most drugs are prescribed by doctors who are looking out for themselves, not the patient. They get some type of funds fpr promoting these killers. Best to got to a natropath or allopathic formula. It's always best to research everything, and check it out really good. Don't be a "guinea pig", ask questions, and seek the info for yourself! Be safe, not sorry!Joyce Hudson <bjoyfuliglou> wrote:

Rating

Reason

Side Effects

Comments

Sex

Time Taken

Email

Date Added

Osteoporosis

F

7 months

1/31/2006

osteoporosis

F

1 days

Email

1/30/2006

F

5 months

Email

1/27/2006