RemedySpot.com

Re: bersitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've had it in my hip......I copied the following from the Mayo Clinic website:"if you overuse or repetitively stress your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis.

You have more than 150 bursae in your body. These small, fluid-filled

sacs lubricate and cushion pressure points between your bones and the

tendons and muscles near your joints. They help your joints move with

ease. Bursitis occurs when a bursa becomes inflamed. When inflammation

occurs, movement or pressure is painful.

Bursitis often affects the joints in your shoulders, elbows or hips.

But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your

big toe. Bursitis pain usually goes away within a few weeks or so with

proper treatment, but recurrent flare-ups of bursitis are common."When I had it my pain management doctor told me if it was too painful and I wanted it to heal faster they could give me a trigger point injection. I was too scared to get the shot so I just let it heal on it's own.

Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985@...> Sent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:01:03 PMSubject: bersitis

I am not sure if I spelled that right but the doctor says I hae that

in my hip and I was wondering if any one else has had the same thing?

and what it means thanks berry

thanks for the information I am not much for needles so I will tough it out. Have you gotten any flare ups cause i think I may have had it in the past berry

From: B <muttsmom55@...>Subject: Re: bersitis Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:12 PM

I've had it in my hip......I copied the following from the Mayo Clinic website:"if you overuse or repetitively stress your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis. You have more than 150 bursae in your body. These small, fluid-filled sacs lubricate and cushion pressure points between your bones and the tendons and muscles near your joints. They help your joints move with ease. Bursitis occurs when a bursa becomes inflamed. When inflammation occurs, movement or pressure is painful.

Bursitis often affects the joints in your shoulders, elbows or hips. But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your big toe. Bursitis pain usually goes away within a few weeks or so with proper treatment, but recurrent flare-ups of bursitis are common."

When I had it my pain management doctor told me if it was too painful and I wanted it to heal faster they could give me a trigger point injection. I was too scared to get the shot so I just let it heal on it's own.

Take Care,

B. in TEXAS

From: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985>@grou ps.comSent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:01:03 PMSubject: bersitis

I am not sure if I spelled that right but the doctor says I hae that in my hip and I was wondering if any one else has had the same thing? and what it means thanks berry

It took a while to go away and hasn't come back and it's been over a year. So if you can tough it out (I'm with you - I asked if it would hurt - dumb question!! - and they told me it was uncomfortable and I told them I would wait and see if it improved on it's own), there is a good chance it will go away. My doc told me they usually do, I never asked if it would come back. But I had hit my hip on the window sill when I started to fall from my knee giving out. I can take the shots in the knee (my doc freezes my knee with something plus gives a lidacaine shot before giving the actual shot), but if a doctor tells you it's going to hurt, even just a little, you know it's going to HURT!!!! Take

Care, B. in TEXASFrom: jennifer berry <bennycat1985@...> Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 8:08:26 AMSubject: Re: bersitis thanks for the information I am not much for needles so I will tough it out. Have you gotten any flare ups cause i think I may have had it in the past berry From: B <muttsmom55 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: bersitis@grou ps.comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:12 PM I've had it in my hip......I copied the following from the Mayo Clinic website:"if you overuse or repetitively stress your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis. You have more than 150 bursae in your body. These small, fluid-filled sacs lubricate and cushion pressure points between your bones and the tendons and muscles near your joints. They help your joints move with ease. Bursitis occurs when a bursa becomes inflamed. When inflammation occurs, movement or pressure is painful. Bursitis often affects the joints in your shoulders, elbows or hips. But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your big toe. Bursitis pain usually goes away within a few weeks or so with proper treatment, but recurrent flare-ups of bursitis are common." When I had it my pain management doctor told me if it was too painful and

I wanted it to heal faster they could give me a trigger point injection. I was too scared to get the shot so I just let it heal on it's own. Take Care, B. in TEXAS From: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985>@grou ps.comSent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:01:03 PMSubject: bersitis I am not sure if I spelled that right but the doctor says I hae that in my hip and I was wondering if any one else has had the same thing? and what it means thanks berry

P.S. I put a heating pad on my hip also when it would start really bothering me. Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but it helped. Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: jennifer berry <bennycat1985@...>To:

Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 8:08:26 AMSubject: Re: bersitis

thanks for the information I am not much for needles so I will tough it out. Have you gotten any flare ups cause i think I may have had it in the past berry

From: B <muttsmom55 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: bersitis@grou ps.comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:12 PM

I've had it in my hip......I copied the following from the Mayo Clinic website:"if you overuse or repetitively stress your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis. You have more than 150 bursae in your body. These small, fluid-filled sacs lubricate and cushion pressure points between your bones and the tendons and muscles near your joints. They help your joints move with ease. Bursitis occurs when a bursa becomes inflamed. When inflammation occurs, movement or pressure is painful.

Bursitis often affects the joints in your shoulders, elbows or hips. But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your big toe. Bursitis pain usually goes away within a few weeks or so with proper treatment, but recurrent flare-ups of bursitis are common."

When I had it my pain management doctor told me if it was too painful and I wanted it to heal faster they could give me a trigger point injection. I was too scared to get the shot so I just let it heal on it's own.

Take Care,

B. in TEXAS

From: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985>@grou ps.comSent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:01:03 PMSubject: bersitis

I am not sure if I spelled that right but the doctor says I hae that in my hip and I was wondering if any one else has had the same thing? and what it means thanks berry

yeah I know all about that have been through a lot and thanks for taking the time to talk to me about this. It is starting to get a little better but it has already been like two weeks so hopefully it stas gone when it finnaly does go.

From: B <muttsmom55 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: bersitis@grou ps.comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:12 PM

Take Care,

B. in TEXAS

Hi, I have had bursitis off and on for 50 years. When mine get to bad I use heat or cold just which ever one makes it feel best and I also use muscle rub. Once the bursa sacks get injuried it is easier for it to so again. LYL LMay

From: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985@...>Subject: bersitis Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 7:01 PM

oh That is really good to know thank you so much. The doc didn't really explain it too much.

From: bennycat1985 <bennycat1985>Subject: bersitis@grou ps.comDate: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 7:01 PM