RemedySpot.com

Boniva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After watching Sally Fields spout for Boniva, I decided to find out what I could find out. I have always liked her. Below is just a small part of the list of people who have taken it. would not accept the whole list as it was too large. However, I have uploaded it to our files, under Pharmaceuticals. Please warn all you know to stay away from it. Blessings, Joy

There are 494 ratings for the drug: boniva in the Askapatient database.

The average rating for boniva is 1.3. Results are sorted by date; scroll to bottom to see all opinions. Click column heading to change display order. Please help other patients by adding a rating.

Rating

Reason

Side Effects

Comments

Sex

Time Taken

Email

Date Added

Osteoporosis

Pain that radiates and travels from my shoulder, to my hip, lower back, thigh, middle back, feet,left side of pelvis. It is different every day. Depression,crying for no reason at all.Did not feel like myself anymore.

I told my doctor of these symptoms and he had me take a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and an ultrasound. Nothing diffinative was found and he then told me to go to a gastrointerologist.I was getting worse and worse. I was always very healthy and energetic.When I looked back over the last months the only new thing I was doing was taking this drug.I went online and started researching BONIVA.Then I read what others went through on Fosamex and Actonal. I was shocked at how many people are suffering from side affects. I discussed this with my doctor who perscribed it and he did NOT think it was the Boniva and even suggested I continue to take the drug for another 2 months!!!!Was he looking out for me or the drug company?I wonder if he would say this to his wife or sister suffering from these pains!?A lot of people are being diagnosed as having fibromylgia when it could very well be the affects of these drugs.The drug BONIVA is marketed under another name in europe and it is used to tre

F

7 months

1/31/2006

osteoporosis

Joint/bone/muscle pain and limitation of motion in shoulder areas.

I took one 150mg (once-monthly dose) of Boniva on Oct. 3, 2005 and about two weeks later began experiencing severe bone, joint, and muscle pain in both my shoulders. This occurred spontaneously, without any trauma or injury. I didn't take any more Boniva, but I still have the severe pain together with limitation of motion, mostly in my left shoulder although I am right-handed. This has actually become worse instead of better, and has migrated into my right collar bone area and neck. I have an appointment to see my doctor this week. I need to know, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS of any DISEASE/DISORDER/SYNDROME involving this bisphosphonate-related joint/bone/muscle pain? Posted Jan. 30, 2006

F

1 days

Email

1/30/2006

Have been taking the 1 a month for 5 months and developed severe shoulder pains. My left shoulder was swollen and could not raise my left arm overhead or to the side. I am stopping this immediately. Has anyone else had this side effect and did it go away after stopping the drug.

F

5 months

Email

1/27/2006