RemedySpot.com

Fw: Interesting ideas]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Some really wonderful food info., from a dear friend. Love, Joy

----- Original Message ----- From:

>DID YOU KNOW?>>>Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little "stringy>things" off of it. That's how the primates do it.>>Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them>connected at the stem, they ripen faster.>>Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much>longer and not mold!>>Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.>Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.>>Ad d a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the>grease away from the meat while cooking.>>To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of>sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up. & g t;>For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in>double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty>frosting.>>Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and>at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.>>Leftover snickers bars from Halloween make a delicious dessert. Simple chop>them up with the food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. Place>them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples.>Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!!! Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream. Yum>>1. Reheat Pizza>Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat>to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro>pizz a. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.>>2. Easy Deviled Eggs>Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken>up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing>thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away>when done easy clean up.>>3. Expanding Frosting>When you buy a container of cake frosting from the st ore, whip it with your>mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more>cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per>serving.>>4. Reheating refrigerated bread>To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in>a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food>moist and help it reheat faster.>>5. Newspaper weeds away>Start putting in you r plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet>newspapers, put layers around the plants overlapping as you go cover with mulch and>forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will>not get through wet newspapers.>>6. Broken Glass>Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass you>can't see easily.>>7. No More Mosquitoes>Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.>>8. Squirrel Away!>To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne>pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't>come near it.>>9. Flexible vacuum>To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an empty>paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be bent or>flattened to get in narrow openings.>>10. Reducing S tatic Cling>Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a>clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing>panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and -- ta da! -- static is gone.>>11. Measuring Cups>Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water.>Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient, such>as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.>>12. Foggy Windshield?>Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove>box of your car . When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better>than a cloth!>>13. Reopening envelope>If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something>inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two.>Viola! It unseals easily.>>14. Condi tioner>Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's cheaper than shaving>cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the>conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...>>15. Goodbye Fruit Flies>To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" with Apple>Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid, mix well. You will find>those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!>>16. Get Rid of Ants>Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home,">can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if>it rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children>being harmed!>>17. INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS>The heating unit went out on my dryer! The gentleman that fixes things>around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something and he went>over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean. (I always clean>the lint from the filter after every load clothes.)>He told us that he wanted to show us something; he took the filter over to>the sink, ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material ->I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like.>Well,...the hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn't go through it>at all! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film ov er that mesh that's>what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film, but it's there. It's>what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free -- that>nice fragrance too, you know how they can feel waxy when you take them out of>the box, well this stuff builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen.>This is also what causes dryer units to catch fire & potentially burn yo ur>house down with it! He said the best>way to keep your dryer working for a very long time ( & to keep your electric>bill lower) is to take that filter out & wash it with hot soapy water & an>old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months. He said that makes>the life of the dryer at least twice as long! How about that!?! Learn>something new everyday! I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that. So, I>thought I'd share!>>Note: I went to my dryer & tested my screen by running water on it. The>water ran through a little bit but mostly collected all the water in>the mesh screen. I washed it with warm soapy water & a nylon brush & I had>it done in 30 seconds. Then when I rinsed it -- the water ran right thru the>screen! There wasn't any pudding at all! That repairman knew what he was>talking about!>>PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD>IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOME, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE>>>>>>**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.>http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.