RemedySpot.com

Is Your Dentist Drilling for Dollars?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is Your Dentist Drilling for Dollars? Millions of dollars worth of unnecessary dental treatments are being performed each year. One dentist told a patient she had a fractured jaw, although it was not fractured at all. The dentist performed surgery anyway, and inserted hundreds of tiny beads instead of a bone graft. The beads became infected and required multiple

surgeries for removal. The same dentists has reportedly performed unnecessary root canals and other unneeded dental work. In addition to unnecessary procedures, there have been cases of “phantom billing” by dentists, in which dentists simply bill insurers for services they never performed. Quiggle, of the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, says there has been a disturbing spike in dental fraud by crooked dentists. An ABC News investigation uncovered dental fraud cases across the country, causing harm to patients and bilking insurance companies out of millions of dollars. Dr. Mercola's Comments: This is an unfortunate occurrence indeed, not only because it’s costing you lots of money, but also because your dental health is such an

important part of your overall health. Unnecessary drilling and filling your teeth with toxic materials can have far-reaching, long-term health ramifications. The brilliant, but largely ignored work of Dr. Westin Price DDS -- published in 1923 after 25 years of research -- shows undisputable links between root canals and chronic degenerative diseases, such as: Heart and circulatory disease Cancer Arthritis and rheumatism Diseases of your brain and nervous system The Medical Impact of Conventional Dentistry There are many ways your health can be negatively impacted through conventional dentistry. For example: Fluoride Can Actually CAUSE Cavities -- Studies have shown that consuming too much fluoride might actually cause tooth decay, rather than prevent it. One such study, published in the September 2001 issue of International Journal of Pediatric Dentistry, found that South African children who drank water containing high levels of natural fluoride, had more tooth decay than children in other parts of South Africa who drank much lower concentrations. By comparison, fluoride-saturated American teenagers had twice the rate of cavities as the South African children drinking low levels of natural fluoride! According to the dental textbook, Dentistry, Dental Practice and the Community, by Burt, DBS and Eklund, DDS, fluoride concentrations form a J-shaped

curve, where cavities are reduced up to a point, and then begins to rise again as you’re exposed to higher and higher levels of fluoride. Mercury Toxicity From Amalgam Fillings -- Commonly known as silver fillings or just amalgam fillings, these fillings should really be called mercury fillings, since mercury has been and remains a full 50 percent of the content of these fillings. Conventional dentistry long asserted that the amalgamation process rendered the mercury non-toxic by the chemical reaction that was supposed to be taking place. However, as you can see for yourself in this shocking video, that is simply not the case. A single dental amalgam filling releases as much as 15 micrograms of mercury per day. The average individual

has eight amalgam fillings and could absorb up to 120 micrograms of mercury per day. In contrast, eating mercury-tainted seafood will expose you to about 2.3 micrograms per day -- and that is enough for scientists to call for a world-wide warning. Mercury vapor from your amalgams passes readily through cell membranes, across your blood brain barrier, and into your central nervous system, where it causes psychological, neurological, and immunological problems. Mercury can persist in your body for years unless it is actively removed. Root Canals are the Root of Many Evils -- Root

canal-treated teeth are almost always infected – even when not presenting visible clues -- and the toxins isolated from them are often incredibly potent. Some researchers claim there is a strong relation between the presence of root canals and the development of cancer and heart disease. It appears that the longer root canal-treated teeth stay in your body, the more your immune system becomes compromised. Cavitations are Hidden Sources of Infections -- Pockets of gangrene in the jawbone are often found at the sites of previous extractions by conventional dentists. These toxins are essentially the same as those found in root canals, being the product of aerobic mouth bacteria being forced to live in an anaerobic environment. Implants can Exacerbate Autoimmune Diseases -- Currently, implants continue to be done without biocompatibility testing, and they are often started at extraction sites where cavitations are already developing.

Autoimmune diseases seem to be often aggravated or even initiated by implants. Periodontal Disease can Lead to Heart Disease -- Not enough emphasis is put on how severely your gum infection will impact your long-term health if you have periodontal disease. Heart- and lung disease is clearly the result of such disease in many. What My Own Dental Struggles Have Taught Me If you eat properly and maintain optimal health, cavities should simply not happen. They only occur when you're eating the wrong foods, and growing up, I clearly did not eat the right foods. As a result, I had a mouth full of metal fillings. Eventually, I had all the metal fillings removed, replacing them with gold fillings. Unfortunately, gold fillings and crowns cause problems too, I found out. So after I’d already made an investment

of several thousand dollars, I later decided to replace them all again. This time with non-metal crowns, for the most part. My own struggles with my teeth led me to learn about and embrace biological dentistry. Biological dentistry, also known as holistic or environmental dentistry, views your mouth as an integrated part of your entire body, and that the medical treatments performed on your mouth and teeth can have a huge impact on your health. The primary aim of this type of holistic dentistry is to resolve your dental problems while impacting the rest of your body as little as possible. How to PREVENT Cavities and Other Dental Problems The only scientific way to prevent tooth decay is through diet and nutrition. In one landmark study,

Dr. Ralph Steinman at Loma University injected a glucose solution into the bodies of mice, so the glucose didn't even touch their teeth. What happened? The glucose reversed the normal flow of fluid in the dentin, resulting in all of the test animals developing severe tooth decay! So yes, dental cavities reflect systemic illness, and its cure is in your diet. Dr. Price studied the diets of natives and its impact on their teeth very carefully. He found that what they ate varied greatly from region to region, but the one thing they had in common was that they ate whole, unrefined foods, and NO sugar or white flour. Remarkably, with absolutely no access to tooth

brushes, floss, fluoridated water or tooth paste, the primitive people he studied were almost 100 percent free of tooth decay. Further - and not unrelated - they were also almost 100 percent free of all the degenerative diseases we suffer from, such as problems with the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, joints and skin (allergies). No one food proved to be magic as a preventive food. However, you can thrive best and maintain optimal health by eating a wide variety of whole foods, customized for your nutritional type. Additionally, if you still have mercury in your teeth, I highly recommend reviewing my Mercury Detoxification Protocol, which details the things you can do, right now, to help detoxify your body to improve your health. Related Articles: Cavitations & Root Canals Root Canal Alternatives Dentists Cause Cavitieshttp://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/2/5/is-your-dentist-drilling-for-dollars.aspx

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.