RemedySpot.com

Re: Regression of Adverse Effects from Spironolctone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dr. Grim, you must have experience with this, is there any rule of thumb? I'm

trying to prepare for an 8am appt tomorrow. thanks....

>

> Dr. Grim, what is the timeline when you should see the adverse symptoms from

Spironolctone start to go away? (Gynecomastia, ED and loss of body hair

mainly.)

>

Guest guest

Assuming the problem is due to spiro and not something else there are not 2 or more things causing it.I have not recently looked at the pharmacology of the metabolism of spiro. How is it degraded/metabolized? Are the enzymes that do it up or down regulated by other meds that compete or inhibit its metabolism. Pain usually goes away first-2-4 weeks. Size may take up to several months.This would actually be a good thing to start a file on: Breast problems with Spiro in PA. Stories etc. And we should add this to our data base or have another database for Spiro TalesThis would include such things as user nameage, genderage/date of first Dx of HTN, age/date of first low K, age/date when PA was Dxedage/date when spiro first startedBP when spiro...K when spiro started....age/date when first noted breast enlargementsame for tendernessWhat was first Dx given?All other drugs, potions, lotions, OTC stuff on at the same time spiro was started.When spiro stopped how long did it take for each of the items below to go away: breast pain: weeks from date stopped breast tenderness: weeks from date stopped breast size: weeks from date stopped.Any new folks out there who can help with a Filemaker pro database? I can pay for hosting. We have one for my wife's business standardizing BP that once we give them an id they can log in and enter information regarding training and testing. On Mar 13, 2012, at 6:55 PM, wrote: Dr. Grim, what is the timeline when you should see the adverse symptoms from Spironolctone start to go away? (Gynecomastia, ED and loss of body hair mainly.)

Guest guest

High but I'm not sure how high since I dropped 2 BP meds and added Verapamil 4

days ago. I see PCP tomorrow and will see what she thinks.

>

> how is your BP these days since coming off of Spiro ?

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>