RemedySpot.com

Re: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Interesting. I never have had facial palsy, but about two years ago, or maybe less I think, I started with a trigeminal neuralgia like facial thing. It's pretty dramatic to me when it does happen, and isn't classic because it's not the sharp pain people talk about, as it's not a pain at all, but a crazy tingle that is usually forehead to nose and I can only describe it like there is a hair across my face I can't scratch off. The impulse though IS to scratch it off and if I touch it it gets worse and I have to pull over if driving. Always only rt side face.

Weird, as I have never known anyone to describe it like that. I assumed it was somehow connected to the K issues though it never oocured in the past, that I recall, or in the bad low K years and taking mag does seem to lessen the frequency it happens (if I don't take mag then about once a week - taking mag maybe once/twice a month). It's only my right side face, and is in no way a palsy, but is just very bothersome. Lucky for me the episodes are short-lived maybe longest has been 20 minutes.

I have talked about the face thing on this list, but I go in to the doc with such a weird list all ready that adding something like that seems like too much and doesn't bother me that much so I have never brought it up. I also developed this raynauds this past year and I have told the doc about it and will be seeing a rheumatologist as THAT does bother me because I can't play guitar when that happens but maybe I'll bring that up and get the LYME testing done. I have the history of the pulling the ticks off me, the rash (a bit iffy, as it was back of my neck both times I knew of the ticks on me, and I took a short course of Doxy then - we had it for my daughters acne - but it made me nauseated so I never took a real full course. Maybe Lymes.....? .

I can't tell anymore what was a consequence of all those of HTN and low K that I am paying for now, or something different. I think we all had something that REALLY bothered us during our worst years and for me insomnia was so chronic and so overwhelming that it was usually the THING I could get out at the docs when Conn's was so uncontrolled. Fatigue, brain fog, were so all the time even I started thinking it was "stress" and just fought through it.

I tell you what, when I can get back to work full-time seeing patients again I will never brush off someone who complains of fatigue and of feeling off. Lesson learned the hard way, but I learned it.

From: Study Circle <studycircle@...>Subject: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Friday, March 16, 2012, 8:29 PM

Reported Clinical Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients, 1992-2004

Percent of clinical findings among 119,965 patients for whom at least one symptom was reported. These total more than 100% because more than one clinical finding was reported for some patients.

Guest guest

Do you have any residuals of having a Bell's palsy.Such as facial syncineses ( sp). Ie when you blink some part of the lower part of your face twitches as well? I pick this up all the time in the clinc or in meeting new people. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 16, 2012, at 22:43, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:Interesting. I never have had facial palsy, but about two years ago, or maybe less I think, I started with a trigeminal neuralgia like facial thing. It's pretty dramatic to me when it does happen, and isn't classic because it's not the sharp pain people talk about, as it's not a pain at all, but a crazy tingle that is usually forehead to nose and I can only describe it like there is a hair across my face I can't scratch off. The impulse though IS to scratch it off and if I touch it it gets worse and I have to pull over if driving. Always only rt side face.

Weird, as I have never known anyone to describe it like that. I assumed it was somehow connected to the K issues though it never oocured in the past, that I recall, or in the bad low K years and taking mag does seem to lessen the frequency it happens (if I don't take mag then about once a week - taking mag maybe once/twice a month). It's only my right side face, and is in no way a palsy, but is just very bothersome. Lucky for me the episodes are short-lived maybe longest has been 20 minutes.

I have talked about the face thing on this list, but I go in to the doc with such a weird list all ready that adding something like that seems like too much and doesn't bother me that much so I have never brought it up. I also developed this raynauds this past year and I have told the doc about it and will be seeing a rheumatologist as THAT does bother me because I can't play guitar when that happens but maybe I'll bring that up and get the LYME testing done. I have the history of the pulling the ticks off me, the rash (a bit iffy, as it was back of my neck both times I knew of the ticks on me, and I took a short course of Doxy then - we had it for my daughters acne - but it made me nauseated so I never took a real full course. Maybe Lymes.....? .

I can't tell anymore what was a consequence of all those of HTN and low K that I am paying for now, or something different. I think we all had something that REALLY bothered us during our worst years and for me insomnia was so chronic and so overwhelming that it was usually the THING I could get out at the docs when Conn's was so uncontrolled. Fatigue, brain fog, were so all the time even I started thinking it was "stress" and just fought through it.

I tell you what, when I can get back to work full-time seeing patients again I will never brush off someone who complains of fatigue and of feeling off. Lesson learned the hard way, but I learned it.

From: Study Circle <studycircle@...>Subject: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Friday, March 16, 2012, 8:29 PM

<image001.gif>

Percent of clinical findings among 119,965 patients for whom at least one symptom was reported. These total more than 100% because more than one clinical finding was reported for some patients.

Guest guest

No, no Bell's Palsy. Nothing else I can think of facial anyway. When the thyroid was bad and PA as still as yet undiagnosed there was a prominent lid lag, don't recall if rt or left side, which I guess can be common with thyroid issues. I have some bad teeth issues that may be contributing.

My mental state with the hyperthyroid and PA at that point was really bad for a short while- hallucinations, etc, and I really recall how I pereseverated over the lid lag thinking I might of had a stroke and feeling things had gotten worse and I was really worriedI might die.I kind of had a wierd sense of doom with hyperthyroidism anyway - but haven't had any more thyroid trouble since Summer of 2010

I don't notice any lid lag now.

<image001.gif>

Guest guest

My first dental appoint, five months after I got so sick, showed considerable periodontal disease.  I was going every six months so this was suddenly new.  A few years ago, I went on a very low-dose doxy (20 mg/day) called Periostat.  That halted the progression.  Then when I went on serious antibiotic Lyme treatment, my periodontal problems partially reversed.  Where I had pockets of 7, I now have pockets of about 4. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham I have some bad teeth issues that may be contributing. .

Guest guest

I have some palsy on the left side of my face.  While it has gotten better, it is not back to where it used to be.  It has never been painful.  For a while, my lips got very thin but they are now back to normal.  DASH and Inspra have not helped anything except HTN. Do not expect conventional docs to test or diagnose you properly.  To them, late-stage Lyme does not exist. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of BinghamInteresting. I never have had facial palsy, but about two years ago, or maybe less I think, I started with a trigeminal neuralgia like facial thing. It's pretty dramatic to me when it does happen, and isn't classic because it's not the sharp pain people talk about, as it's not a pain at all, but a crazy tingle that is usually forehead to nose and I can only describe it like there is a hair across my face I can't scratch off. The impulse though IS to scratch it off and if I touch it it gets worse and I have to pull over if driving. Always only rt side face. Weird, as I have never known anyone to describe it like that. I assumed it was somehow connected to the K issues though it never oocured in the past, that I recall, or in the bad low K years and taking mag does seem to lessen the frequency it happens (if I don't take mag then about once a week - taking mag maybe once/twice a month). It's only my right side face, and is in no way a palsy, but is just very bothersome. Lucky for me the episodes are short-lived maybe longest has been 20 minutes. I have talked about the face thing on this list, but I go in to the doc with such a weird list all ready that adding something like that seems like too much and doesn't bother me that much so I have never brought it up. I also developed this raynauds this past year and I have told the doc about it and will be seeing a rheumatologist as THAT does bother me because I can't play guitar when that happens but maybe I'll bring that up and get the LYME testing done. I have the history of the pulling the ticks off me, the rash (a bit iffy, as it was back of my neck both times I knew of the ticks on me, and I took a short course of Doxy then - we had it for my daughters acne - but it made me nauseated so I never took a real full course. Maybe Lymes.....? . I can't tell anymore what was a consequence of all those of HTN and low K that I am paying for now, or something different. I think we all had something that REALLY bothered us during our worst years and for me insomnia was so chronic and so overwhelming that it was usually the THING I could get out at the docs when Conn's was so uncontrolled. Fatigue, brain fog, were so all the time even I started thinking it was " stress " and just fought through it. I tell you what, when I can get back to work full-time seeing patients again I will never brush off someone who complains of fatigue and of feeling off. Lesson learned the hard way, but I learned it. From: Study Circle <studycircle@...> Reported Clinical Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients, 1992-2004Percent of clinical findings among 119,965 patients for whom at least one symptom was reported. These total more than 100% because more than one clinical finding was reported for some patients.

Guest guest

So when you look in a mirror and blink does any part of your lower fact on that side move or twitch?if so likely you had Bell's Palsy in past.On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Valarie wrote: I have some palsy on the left side of my face. While it has gotten better, it is not back to where it used to be. It has never been painful. For a while, my lips got very thin but they are now back to normal. DASH and Inspra have not helped anything except HTN. Do not expect conventional docs to test or diagnose you properly. To them, late-stage Lyme does not exist. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of BinghamInteresting. I never have had facial palsy, but about two years ago, or maybe less I think, I started with a trigeminal neuralgia like facial thing. It's pretty dramatic to me when it does happen, and isn't classic because it's not the sharp pain people talk about, as it's not a pain at all, but a crazy tingle that is usually forehead to nose and I can only describe it like there is a hair across my face I can't scratch off. The impulse though IS to scratch it off and if I touch it it gets worse and I have to pull over if driving. Always only rt side face. Weird, as I have never known anyone to describe it like that. I assumed it was somehow connected to the K issues though it never oocured in the past, that I recall, or in the bad low K years and taking mag does seem to lessen the frequency it happens (if I don't take mag then about once a week - taking mag maybe once/twice a month). It's only my right side face, and is in no way a palsy, but is just very bothersome. Lucky for me the episodes are short-lived maybe longest has been 20 minutes. I have talked about the face thing on this list, but I go in to the doc with such a weird list all ready that adding something like that seems like too much and doesn't bother me that much so I have never brought it up. I also developed this raynauds this past year and I have told the doc about it and will be seeing a rheumatologist as THAT does bother me because I can't play guitar when that happens but maybe I'll bring that up and get the LYME testing done. I have the history of the pulling the ticks off me, the rash (a bit iffy, as it was back of my neck both times I knew of the ticks on me, and I took a short course of Doxy then - we had it for my daughters acne - but it made me nauseated so I never took a real full course. Maybe Lymes.....? . I can't tell anymore what was a consequence of all those of HTN and low K that I am paying for now, or something different. I think we all had something that REALLY bothered us during our worst years and for me insomnia was so chronic and so overwhelming that it was usually the THING I could get out at the docs when Conn's was so uncontrolled. Fatigue, brain fog, were so all the time even I started thinking it was "stress" and just fought through it. I tell you what, when I can get back to work full-time seeing patients again I will never brush off someone who complains of fatigue and of feeling off. Lesson learned the hard way, but I learned it. From: Study Circle <studycircle@...> Reported Clinical Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients, 1992-2004<image001.gif>Percent of clinical findings among 119,965 patients for whom at least one symptom was reported. These total more than 100% because more than one clinical finding was reported for some patients.

Guest guest

Actually in my case, the Chvosteks sign (maybe misspelled?) seems positive - tapping over the facial nerve seems to give some tingling (maybe fits a "burning" too), but not a full-blown attack. BUT I forgot to mention that when I start mowing, weeding eating, something that has that "vibration" it triggers it every time. Seems also that going from house sometimes into the heat, or very cold, triggers it - the facial tingling that is, always nose, right side face, sometimes forehead. Cold triggers the raynuads in my fingers only and that is even newer than the facial tingling.

Just started out of the blue a while back.

Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames?

<image001.gif>

Guest guest

Mine is much worse than that and runs in the family - well serious teeth problems do among 2 of my sisters and my mother (who died at age 38) who lost all hers by the age of 16 yet had the best dental insurance for the time.. I have been a little bit more fortunate, but it's coming to that. I have had every tooth left root canaled. There's no enamel and we don;t know why. My mom, me, and those same 2 sisters all have/had hyperthyroidism too. 3 sisters, 2 brothers, dad no. No idea of any connections to anything. I spoke to the doc about this history last visit to see if she could find anything connected.

Sad, but my wife just told me our eldest daughter who's 21, lives and works and schools in Vegas (in an honest profession :-) told her she's had crazy periods, a strange anxiety, and crazy insomnia, and is losing weight. Just told me today and waiting for her to call back because I want to find out her heart rate. She has no insurance, but I am really worried she has inherited the hyperthyroidism. Symptoms are classic. Gonna get her to go get it checked.

Strange enough for such a large family.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 4:25 PM

My first dental appoint, five months after I got so sick, showed considerable periodontal disease. I was going every six months so this was suddenly new. A few years ago, I went on a very low-dose doxy (20 mg/day) called Periostat. That halted the progression. Then when I went on serious antibiotic Lyme treatment, my periodontal problems partially reversed. Where I had pockets of 7, I now have pockets of about 4.

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham

I have some bad teeth issues that may be contributing.

Guest guest

Or something in the water? There are a number of inherited causes of excess or of enough thyroid as I recall. Fit all the family details in the NIH FHX TREE SITE AND take it to your and their team. IL May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 17, 2012, at 22:38, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

Mine is much worse than that and runs in the family - well serious teeth problems do among 2 of my sisters and my mother (who died at age 38) who lost all hers by the age of 16 yet had the best dental insurance for the time.. I have been a little bit more fortunate, but it's coming to that. I have had every tooth left root canaled. There's no enamel and we don;t know why. My mom, me, and those same 2 sisters all have/had hyperthyroidism too. 3 sisters, 2 brothers, dad no. No idea of any connections to anything. I spoke to the doc about this history last visit to see if she could find anything connected.

Sad, but my wife just told me our eldest daughter who's 21, lives and works and schools in Vegas (in an honest profession :-) told her she's had crazy periods, a strange anxiety, and crazy insomnia, and is losing weight. Just told me today and waiting for her to call back because I want to find out her heart rate. She has no insurance, but I am really worried she has inherited the hyperthyroidism. Symptoms are classic. Gonna get her to go get it checked.

Strange enough for such a large family.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 4:25 PM

My first dental appoint, five months after I got so sick, showed considerable periodontal disease. I was going every six months so this was suddenly new. A few years ago, I went on a very low-dose doxy (20 mg/day) called Periostat. That halted the progression. Then when I went on serious antibiotic Lyme treatment, my periodontal problems partially reversed. Where I had pockets of 7, I now have pockets of about 4.

Val

Guest guest

You know I've never been to that site. I will do that. I always meant to than forget. Thanks.

Val

Guest guest

I would suspect BB first for the Raynaud's. So if you blink your eyes nothing else moves. IMay your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 17, 2012, at 22:28, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

Actually in my case, the Chvosteks sign (maybe misspelled?) seems positive - tapping over the facial nerve seems to give some tingling (maybe fits a "burning" too), but not a full-blown attack. BUT I forgot to mention that when I start mowing, weeding eating, something that has that "vibration" it triggers it every time. Seems also that going from house sometimes into the heat, or very cold, triggers it - the facial tingling that is, always nose, right side face, sometimes forehead. Cold triggers the raynuads in my fingers only and that is even newer than the facial tingling.

Just started out of the blue a while back.

Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames?

<image001.gif>

Guest guest

, Lyme can lie dormant for many years.  When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since.  I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain.  I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year.  That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time.  Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems.  I started getting much worse in 2002.  That's when I started looking and found this list.  I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone.  Bless her! I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick.  I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash.  I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick.  My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks.  Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something.  All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her.  We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there.  Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme.  One got immediate treatment and was cured.  Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease.  Heart block is a problem with Lyme.  His mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr.  She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her.  Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies.  EB  wasn't her problem.  She used to love to walk that land. We sold the land last week.  I don't want any of my family on it ever again. You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic?  It still remains the only sure test for Lyme.  BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes. Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds.  My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames? .

Guest guest

Interesting. Listen to this, In Texas, when I hadn't worked there too long, and I was the only provider in the county (so if I didn't go in it shut down,) but I was so "something" - tired, fatigued, headache, etc - the first time I ever had to go to the ER, as I woke up on a Friday, SO tired and fatigued - and low K as I know now was the symptom issue, but told my wife I just can't do it that day. Took a hot bath trying to help the legs and then I just had to go in to the ER as I felt miserable.

The doc there said I had mono. I told him I HAD had mono age 12 so the doc back then in Anaheim Ca had said, and I remembered clearly as that's when I had my first blood test ever then and was pretty scared about it. But he said it was showing now, and not just past -my EBV was positive as active. I have the labs and would have to look at them to remember numbers, but the labs showed it was active and not an old case. And thought they replaced my K and I was dangerously hypertensive too they diagnosed me with mono again - based on the EBV labs.

I also had an abd CT done and the radiologist called down to tell the ER doc my prostate was so big it looked abnormal. PSA was always normal and checks have been good since. Don't recall but maybe I was taking some decongestants or something. That was an odd ER visit thought the people were great, as I left with mono, enlarged prostate, and had the first of many low K's replaced.

But EBV was positive.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM

, Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone. Bless her!

I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart block is a problem with Lyme. His

mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She used to love to walk that land.

We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it ever again.

You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes.

Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize.

Val

Guest guest

My wife says my forehead wrinkles. No memory of anything mildly Bells palsy like. The lid lag was at the tail end of the hyperthyroid and I had an incredible sense of doom and paranoia because of noticing the lag, but it was without a doubt noticeable, even in old pictures. Nothing else though, mouth, cheeks everything else appeared as normal. It was right side, same as the symptoms I have.

I had the start of the raynauds when I didn't take any BB, but I do take them lately cause of the heart rate. But I am hoping to get that solved and stopped it then I will make note if it lessens or dissappears.

Can't look myself real well though since I can't see through my eyelids. But I already know I am not missing much.

<image001.gif>

Guest guest

I have never heard of EBV causing low K and or HTN.Would be interesting to look at that CT for adrenal bumps as if they are not looking for them they may be missed. CE Grim MD On Mar 18, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Bingham wrote: Interesting. Listen to this, In Texas, when I hadn't worked there too long, and I was the only provider in the county (so if I didn't go in it shut down,) but I was so "something" - tired, fatigued, headache, etc - the first time I ever had to go to the ER, as I woke up on a Friday, SO tired and fatigued - and low K as I know now was the symptom issue, but told my wife I just can't do it that day. Took a hot bath trying to help the legs and then I just had to go in to the ER as I felt miserable. The doc there said I had mono. I told him I HAD had mono age 12 so the doc back then in Anaheim Ca had said, and I remembered clearly as that's when I had my first blood test ever then and was pretty scared about it. But he said it was showing now, and not just past -my EBV was positive as active. I have the labs and would have to look at them to remember numbers, but the labs showed it was active and not an old case. And thought they replaced my K and I was dangerously hypertensive too they diagnosed me with mono again - based on the EBV labs. I also had an abd CT done and the radiologist called down to tell the ER doc my prostate was so big it looked abnormal. PSA was always normal and checks have been good since. Don't recall but maybe I was taking some decongestants or something. That was an odd ER visit thought the people were great, as I left with mono, enlarged prostate, and had the first of many low K's replaced. But EBV was positive. From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone. Bless her! I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She used to love to walk that land. We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it ever again. You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes. Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames? .

Guest guest

Do a video with your iPhone or have someone do it as you blink. CE Grim MDOn Mar 18, 2012, at 9:00 PM, Bingham wrote: My wife says my forehead wrinkles. No memory of anything mildly Bells palsy like. The lid lag was at the tail end of the hyperthyroid and I had an incredible sense of doom and paranoia because of noticing the lag, but it was without a doubt noticeable, even in old pictures. Nothing else though, mouth, cheeks everything else appeared as normal. It was right side, same as the symptoms I have. I had the start of the raynauds when I didn't take any BB, but I do take them lately cause of the heart rate. But I am hoping to get that solved and stopped it then I will make note if it lessens or dissappears. Can't look myself real well though since I can't see through my eyelids. But I already know I am not missing much. From: Study Circle <studycircle@...> Reported Clinical Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients, 1992-2004 <image001.gif> Percent of clinical findings among 119,965 patients for whom at least one symptom was reported. These total more than 100% because more than one clinical finding was reported for some patients.

Guest guest

My recent adrenal CT didn't see anything according to radiology. It was supposedly adrenal specific. I have to go down to Pheonix to get my copy of the films and haven't been down there yet.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM

, Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone. Bless her!

I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart block is a problem with Lyme. His

mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She used to love to walk that land.

You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes.

Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize.

Val

Guest guest

Positive the symptoms of low K and the HTN reared their head for the first time during my last year at the U of Utah. HTN was certainly going up then, low based on my recollection of s/s but no doubt they were low K (first signs of not being able to climb 5 steps without significant leg weakness). So those started long before the EBV was positive.

Val

Guest guest

In all of my reading of articles on this issue, I remember one mentioning that

ANY infection, be it viral or bacterial can lower k levels. Not sure if it was

the infection itself, or the meds for it, or both, but there is data on it.

Sorry, cannot remember where I read it.

My k tanked years ago when I had EBV and my bp was ok then.

> >

> > From: Valarie <val@...>

> > Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients

> > hyperaldosteronism

> > Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM

> >

> >

> > , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick

> > (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been

> > well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because

> > they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even

> > though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only

> > once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't

> > do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie

> > dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much

> > worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list.

> > I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed

> > at excess aldosterone. Bless her!

> >

> >

> >

> > I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my

> > tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when

> > that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-

> > laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some

> > sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our

> > dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of

> > her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we

> > were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme.

> > One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped

> > over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart

> > block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein

> > Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast

> > cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge

> > percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She

> > used to love to walk that land.

> >

> >

> >

> > We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it

> > ever again.

> >

> >

> >

> > You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100%

> > diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it

> > is Lyme, not Lymes.

> >

> >

> >

> > Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now

> > lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight

> > tends to normalize.

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> > ] On Behalf Of Bingham

> >

> >

> >

> > Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me,

> > and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years

> > where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have

> > people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would

> > have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas.

> > Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about

> > symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > .

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

In all of my reading of articles on this issue, I remember one mentioning that

ANY infection, be it viral or bacterial can lower k levels. Not sure if it was

the infection itself, or the meds for it, or both, but there is data on it.

Sorry, cannot remember where I read it.

My k tanked years ago when I had EBV and my bp was ok then.

> >

> > From: Valarie <val@...>

> > Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients

> > hyperaldosteronism

> > Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM

> >

> >

> > , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick

> > (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been

> > well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because

> > they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even

> > though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only

> > once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't

> > do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie

> > dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much

> > worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list.

> > I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed

> > at excess aldosterone. Bless her!

> >

> >

> >

> > I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my

> > tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when

> > that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-

> > laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some

> > sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our

> > dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of

> > her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we

> > were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme.

> > One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped

> > over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart

> > block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein

> > Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast

> > cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge

> > percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She

> > used to love to walk that land.

> >

> >

> >

> > We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it

> > ever again.

> >

> >

> >

> > You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100%

> > diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it

> > is Lyme, not Lymes.

> >

> >

> >

> > Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now

> > lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight

> > tends to normalize.

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> > ] On Behalf Of Bingham

> >

> >

> >

> > Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me,

> > and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years

> > where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have

> > people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would

> > have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas.

> > Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about

> > symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > .

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

When did the peeing at night start?CE Grim MDOn Mar 19, 2012, at 5:43 AM, Bingham wrote: Positive the symptoms of low K and the HTN reared their head for the first time during my last year at the U of Utah. HTN was certainly going up then, low based on my recollection of s/s but no doubt they were low K (first signs of not being able to climb 5 steps without significant leg weakness). So those started long before the EBV was positive. From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone. Bless her! I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She used to love to walk that land. We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it ever again. You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes. Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames? .

Guest guest

Many infections also lower BP. Indeed inducing a febrile response was used in the old days to lower BP has was bleeding. CE Grim MDOn Mar 19, 2012, at 10:03 AM, maggiekat7 wrote: In all of my reading of articles on this issue, I remember one mentioning that ANY infection, be it viral or bacterial can lower k levels. Not sure if it was the infection itself, or the meds for it, or both, but there is data on it. Sorry, cannot remember where I read it. My k tanked years ago when I had EBV and my bp was ok then. > > > > From: Valarie <val@...> > > Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients > > hyperaldosteronism > > Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 5:09 PM > > > > > > , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick > > (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been > > well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because > > they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even > > though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only > > once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't > > do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie > > dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much > > worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. > > I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed > > at excess aldosterone. Bless her! > > > > > > > > I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my > > tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when > > that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in- > > laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some > > sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our > > dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of > > her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we > > were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. > > One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped > > over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart > > block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein > > Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast > > cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge > > percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She > > used to love to walk that land. > > > > > > > > We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it > > ever again. > > > > > > > > You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% > > diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it > > is Lyme, not Lymes. > > > > > > > > Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now > > lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight > > tends to normalize. > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism > > ] On Behalf Of Bingham > > > > > > > > Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, > > and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years > > where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have > > people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would > > have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. > > Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about > > symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames? > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thats a good question because that last year of my PA-C program at the U was the year the weakness started, I started with HTN, and for the first time in my life I had seen the clinic doc a few times over insomnia.

School was not particularly hard for me - just my surgical internship because I did that before any other internship or other students because they felt I could handle it, but being an old paramedic, a "sterile" environment for a guy who always worked and intubated etc outdoors was a bit too stifling for me and even though I had a great surgeon (s) group it was not my style for sure or a good fit for my personaity - finances were trying, but it was natural to blame it on that and nothing else, and we did, but anything we tried from BP meds to insomnia meds never worked.

I am certain about the same time I started all that I was getting up many times a night to pee and then that went on for years and years til PA was treated. Now I pee normal unless I have too much sodium.

Val

Guest guest

It's all right there, . Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham Interesting. Listen to this, In Texas, when I hadn't worked there too long, and I was the only provider in the county (so if I didn't go in it shut down,) but I was so " something " - tired, fatigued, headache, etc - the first time I ever had to go to the ER, as I woke up on a Friday, SO tired and fatigued - and low K as I know now was the symptom issue, but told my wife I just can't do it that day. Took a hot bath trying to help the legs and then I just had to go in to the ER as I felt miserable. The doc there said I had mono. I told him I HAD had mono age 12 so the doc back then in Anaheim Ca had said, and I remembered clearly as that's when I had my first blood test ever then and was pretty scared about it. But he said it was showing now, and not just past -my EBV was positive as active. I have the labs and would have to look at them to remember numbers, but the labs showed it was active and not an old case. And thought they replaced my K and I was dangerously hypertensive too they diagnosed me with mono again - based on the EBV labs. I also had an abd CT done and the radiologist called down to tell the ER doc my prostate was so big it looked abnormal. PSA was always normal and checks have been good since. Don't recall but maybe I was taking some decongestants or something. That was an odd ER visit thought the people were great, as I left with mono, enlarged prostate, and had the first of many low K's replaced. But EBV was positive. , Lyme can lie dormant for many years. When I first got sick (1985), I recovered enough to raise my family though have never been well since. I would have killed for anti-inflammatories because they dulled the pain. I read somewhere this morning that, even though Lyme as about a 28-day cycle, it can sometimes cycle only once a year. That is likely why a few weeks of doxycycline doesn't do it when someone has been infected for a long time. Lyme can lie dormant for years before it causes problems. I started getting much worse in 2002. That's when I started looking and found this list. I'd been in consultation with a well-known hormone doc who guessed at excess aldosterone. Bless her!I think about half of Lyme victims see the tick. I never saw my tick although I do remember a bulls eye rash. I don't know when that rash occurred in relation to when I got really sick. My in-laws' yard was infested awful and I remember my FIL putting out some sort of granules to kill ticks. Before we left, he'd always dip our dog in something. All the way home, big bloody ticks fell off of her. We also owned 80 wooded acres that we'd walk through when we were there. Three other members of my husband's family got Lyme. One got immediate treatment and was cured. Husband's sister dropped over dead at 53 - no sign of drugs, alcohol or heart disease. Heart block is a problem with Lyme. His mother was diagnosed with Epstein Barr. She suffered for several years before her 40-year-gone breast cancer came back and killed her. Now I've learned that a huge percent of people have EB antibodies. EB wasn't her problem. She used to love to walk that land. We sold the land last week. I don't want any of my family on it ever again. You are aware, I assume, that the bulls eye rash is 100% diagnostic? It still remains the only sure test for Lyme. BTW, it is Lyme, not Lymes. Unable to ever lose any weight gained after I got sick, I have now lost 40 pounds. My Lyme doc says when your body normalizes, weight tends to normalize. From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham Val as to the Lymes, or I should say when I found the ticks on me, and this was in the Texas Panhandle, but we lived in OK for 10 years where ticks were everywhere - dog and deer - and I had to have people spray many times over in OK, yet NEVER found one on me would have been 2005-2006ish. Never saw one tick ever on my dogs in Texas. Ever, and their outdoor boys, just on me, . What do they say about symptom or sequelae onset as to time frames? .

Guest guest

I seriously doubt has/had EBV. I think he has a deranged endocrine system. The issue is why? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence GrimI have never heard of EBV causing low K and or HTN. Would be interesting to look at that CT for adrenal bumps as if they are not looking for them they may be missed. On Mar 18, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Bingham wrote: Interesting. Listen to this, In Texas, when I hadn't worked there too long, and I was the only provider in the county (so if I didn't go in it shut down,) but I was so " something " - tired, fatigued, headache, etc - the first time I ever had to go to the ER, as I woke up on a Friday, SO tired and fatigued - and lo w K as I know now was the symptom issue, but told my wife I just can't do it that day. Took a hot bath trying to help the legs and then I just had to go in to the ER as I felt miserable. The doc there said I had mono. I told him I HAD had mono age 12 so the doc back then in Anaheim Ca had said, and I remembered clearly as that's when I had my first blood test ever then and was pretty scared about it. But he said it was showing now, and not just past -my EBV was positive as active. I have the labs and would have to look at them to remember numbers, but the labs showed it was active and not an old case. And thought they replaced my K and I was dangerously hypertensive too they diagnosed me with mono again - based on the EBV labs. I also had an abd CT done and the radiologist called down to tell the ER doc my prostate was so big it looked abnormal. PSA was always normal and checks have been good since. Don't recall but maybe I was taking some decongestants or something. That was an odd ER visit thought the people were great, as I left with mono, enlarged prostate, and had the first of many low K's replaced. But EBV was positive.