RemedySpot.com

Lyme Disease by Year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Even CDC estimates the actual incidence could be ten times the reported - 350,000. Meeting the CDC's definition of Lyme is difficult. They warn doctors that their standard is for research, not individual care. The tests they recognize leave off two of the most important Lyme bands. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Study Circle Reported Cases of Lyme Disease by Year, United States, 1996-2010 .

Guest guest

The trick isn't thinking it exists, it's getting tests ordered. If I could order my own I would. I started working for the last NP who I'd seen as a patient for a long time, and it was getting too awkward. I'd try to make an appt, they'd tell me I didn't have to, I'd say I need labs done, they'd say okay, never get them, then when I tried to ask about it they's started getting perturbed. So I started over with a new doc - she's new and new to me - so maybe we can "train" her hee hee.......she's pretty cool so far, but we're working on the anemia then I had a heart rate issue so it kind of took precedence last visit (she was more worried than I was but sent me over to the hospital. ) She's a DO and sometimes depending on where they went to school they can be a little more minded.

I bet if I tell her my history of an actual tic bite or two, a rash, etc, she will be open to ordering the tests. It's in my history, but we haven't talked about everything. I can say this, PA, or the symptoms of low K and HTN were before I remember the tics (could have been in OK too I just didn't know), but most of the strange things came after that. They started shortly after the tics. It needs to be uncovered and explored 'cause I am tired of this.

To many things for someone who was healthy growing up, is a good weight, and has no risk factors - well my diet wasn't real good until the past year, but wasn't horrible. Took good care of myself otherwise. I was just talking to my wife today how it doesn't seem fair how my Dad, who's 62, but smokes, drinks off and on, gets ZERO exercise (Out of 8 kids I was/am the only sports crazy, was a standout athlete, played the drums (THAT's aerobic exercise) and yet I am the sick one) so why I am the sick one is a bit disconcerting. The 2 sis' have hyperthyroid and one is a little nuts, but I am the one with the hospital stays, the meds, and PA.

Stinks to high heaven sometimes.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Lyme Disease by Yearhyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 4:25 PM

Even CDC estimates the actual incidence could be ten times the reported - 350,000. Meeting the CDC's definition of Lyme is difficult. They warn doctors that their standard is for research, not individual care. The tests they recognize leave off two of the most important Lyme bands.

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Study Circle Reported Cases of Lyme Disease by Year, United States, 1996-2010