RemedySpot.com

Right adrenalectomy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Dr GrimWhen I was taking eplenerone and verapmil, BP(130/85-90) was under control. Dr switched to Inspra as it became availiable in Canada. Ever since BP has been high avg 150/102 with the 3 medicines below. They have now suggested adding a fourth medicine 1mg Clonodine to help bring BP down further.A CT scan has been repeated and the nodule has not grown in size the recomendation is to proceed to have a right adrenalectomy without any further testing and without repeating the AVS as they have said it is 99.999% certain that it is the aldosterone that is causing this.Do you think this is the best course? RegardsSuzzette I have not been diagnosed with Conns ...it is

suspected. I am taking 240 mg Tiazac; 100 mg Inspra 8 mg Atacand . Also have RA - taking methotrexorate 18mg CT shows a right 1.3 cm nodule in adrenal gland. AVS test was done as it was not conclusive as apparantly labelling issue with vials. From: Sue james <semajsue1@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009

7:51:42 PM Subject: Re: Correlation between low potassuim and normal blood pressure reading Thanks Dr Grim

I too am thinking about delaying and trying the spiro. which hopefully will happen shorlty.

I have another question. The nodule in the right glan was 1.1 cm in 2007 per a ct. Then in 2008 it was 1.2cm per another ct. I just did an MRI in April and the report says it is 1.3 cm.

Should this nodule be increasing in size?

The MRI report says "...there is a well defined low signal right adrenal nodule measuring 1.3 cm. This demonstrates drop out of signal on the opposed phase images, and is in keeping with an adrenal adenoma"

Regards

SuzzetteI have not been diagnosed with Conns ...it is suspected.I am taking 240 mg verapamil; 1 mg clonodine and 125 meq Klte daily. Also have RA.CT shows a right 1.3 cm nodule in adrenal gland. I have a one hour standing aldosterone test scheduled for next week. Never been on spiro... have to redo AVS as it was not conclusive>>>>>>>>Hi All,>>I have noticed when my blood pressure is normal say 115/79 or so my potassuim is low say 2.9 to 3.1.>>When the potassuim goes back to normal (over 3.5) the blood pressure goes back to being high>145/90>>Does anyone have this

correlation? >>Regards,>Suzzette>>>>>>>>>Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _>Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr! >>http://www.flickr. com/gift/

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Answers.

So ask them for a 10 x the money back deal. If you are not cured they refund the cost x 10.Eplerenone and Inspra are the same.Are you DASHing?You can outsalt all BP meds.The dose should be the same Inspra as eplere. CE Grim MDOn Feb 16, 2012, at 7:35 PM, Sue james wrote: Hi Dr GrimWhen I was taking eplenerone and verapmil, BP(130/85-90) was under control. Dr switched to Inspra as it became availiable in Canada. Ever since BP has been high avg 150/102 with the 3 medicines below. They have now suggested adding a fourth medicine 1mg Clonodine to help bring BP down further.A CT scan has been repeated and the nodule has not grown in size the recomendation is to proceed to have a right adrenalectomy without any further testing and without repeating the AVS as they have said it is 99.999% certain that it is the aldosterone that is causing this.Do you think this is the best course? RegardsSuzzette I have not been diagnosed with Conns ...it is suspected. I am taking 240 mg Tiazac; 100 mg Inspra 8 mg Atacand . Also have RA - taking methotrexorate 18mg CT shows a right 1.3 cm nodule in adrenal gland. AVS test was done as it was not conclusive as apparantly labelling issue with vials. From: Sue james <semajsue1@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:51:42 PM Subject: Re: Correlation between low potassuim and normal blood pressure reading Thanks Dr Grim I too am thinking about delaying and trying the spiro. which hopefully will happen shorlty. I have another question. The nodule in the right glan was 1.1 cm in 2007 per a ct. Then in 2008 it was 1.2cm per another ct. I just did an MRI in April and the report says it is 1.3 cm. Should this nodule be increasing in size? The MRI report says "...there is a well defined low signal right adrenal nodule measuring 1.3 cm. This demonstrates drop out of signal on the opposed phase images, and is in keeping with an adrenal adenoma" Regards SuzzetteI have not been diagnosed with Conns ...it is suspected.I am taking 240 mg verapamil; 1 mg clonodine and 125 meq Klte daily. Also have RA.CT shows a right 1.3 cm nodule in adrenal gland. I have a one hour standing aldosterone test scheduled for next week. Never been on spiro... have to redo AVS as it was not conclusive>>>>>>>>Hi All,>>I have noticed when my blood pressure is normal say 115/79 or so my potassuim is low say 2.9 to 3.1.>>When the potassuim goes back to normal (over 3.5) the blood pressure goes back to being high>145/90>>Does anyone have this correlation? >>Regards,>Suzzette>>>>>>>>>Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _>Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr! >>http://www.flickr. com/gift/ Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Answers.