RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: About to go cold turkey on Spironololactone - what can I expect?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The stress hormones should not go up. But if your stress perception is related to higher BP and/or lower K time will tell. Keep us posted.If you review what excess aldosterone does, it does nothing unless there is excess salt in the diet.CE Grim MDOn Mar 16, 2012, at 6:56 AM, Alan wrote: Hi Thanks for the response. I am not DASHing as my domestic arrangements make it difficult to go on a special diet. Also none of the Doctors I have spoken to have stressed the importance of diet in fact I can only recall it being mentioned once and that was some years ago. Maybe Britain is a bit behind other countries in this respect. The Doctors have said they expect my BP to go up once I stop taking Spiro but seem to think the risk is worth taking. My main concern was should I expect anxiety and stress symptoms from the increase in stress hormones when I stop taking Spiro. Still guess I will find out soon enough next week when I stop taking it. > > > From: Alan <alanttt3@...> > Subject: About to go "cold turkey" on Spironololactone - what can I expect? > hyperaldosteronism > Date: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 3:28 PM > > > >  > > > > Despite the reservations described in my earlier post, my Endocrinologist has persuaded me to come off Spironolactone with a view to running a number of tests, including eventually AVS, in order to explore the possibilites for surgery. > > I have taken Spiro for some years (50 mg a day) can I expect any symptoms when I go "cold turkey" next week? Will I for example get stress symptoms when the aldosterone that has been blocked for years by the Spiro suddenly hits my system. > > I am 60 years old, my monthly repeat prescription is listed below â€" > > 28 10.0 mg Bisoprolol Fumerate tablets (one per day) > > 84 4.0 mg Doxazosin tablets (three per day) > > 28 32.0 mg Candesartan tablets (one per day) > > 28 50.0 mg Spirononlactone tablets (one per day) > > 28 200.0 mcg Moxonidine tablets (one per day) > > > > 56 20.0 mg Omeprazole capsules (one per day) > > 200 Solpadol Capsules (maximum 8 per day) > > Two Ventolin inhalers (as required) >