RemedySpot.com

Re: Renal Cyst

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We've asked that one alot. It seems not really according to Dr G. They are so benign and incidental, nearly always. I am like you, all mine shows is a 1cm cyst on the right kidney, no adrenal anything. Not sure I trust too much these days in regards to radiology.

From: phylisrn <phylisrn@...>Subject: Renal Cysthyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 10:58 AM

Does renal cyst play any role in PA? I was looking over my MRI of the kidney results 5 years ago and it showed a renal cyst?Phyllis

Guest guest

Renal cysts are very common on MRI and CTs. As are liver cysts. Not related to PA that we know.CE Grim MDOn Mar 28, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Bingham wrote: We've asked that one alot. It seems not really according to Dr G. They are so benign and incidental, nearly always. I am like you, all mine shows is a 1cm cyst on the right kidney, no adrenal anything. Not sure I trust too much these days in regards to radiology. From: phylisrn <phylisrn@...>Subject: Renal Cysthyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 10:58 AM Does renal cyst play any role in PA? I was looking over my MRI of the kidney results 5 years ago and it showed a renal cyst?Phyllis

Guest guest

Renal cysts are very common on MRI and CTs. As are liver cysts. Not

related to PA that we know.

Sorry Dr. Grim - that's the same line I was handed about adrenal adenomas for

over 10 years - just because its common doesn't mean one shouldn't be concerned

- at the very least further monitoring of ANY cyst or other anomaly is warranted

- Just my opinion

Guest guest

You never hear me say this about adrenal bumps as I have been saying they are most often related to disease if you test correctly since 1966 at least. And long Hx of studies showing they are associated with HTN.But maybe the others are doing something but no good data yet. So must weight the costs and risks of "following" cysts. Only way I know is to do repeat MRIs and/or CTs and take a few out to see if dieases x gets better or not. CE Grim MDOn Mar 28, 2012, at 6:01 PM, lk.barns wrote: Renal cysts are very common on MRI and CTs. As are liver cysts. Not related to PA that we know. Sorry Dr. Grim - that's the same line I was handed about adrenal adenomas for over 10 years - just because its common doesn't mean one shouldn't be concerned - at the very least further monitoring of ANY cyst or other anomaly is warranted - Just my opinion