RemedySpot.com

Is The Next Medical Treatment Of PA On The Horizon?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The recent conversation surrounding Aldosterone and Cortisol (CYP11B2 and CYP11B1) and the potential interaction when treating PA with Spironolactone caused me to do another search. I understand maybe 10% of it but think I see the direction. (I thought the rats were lucky until I realized they killed them at the end!)

Seriously, it looks like they are trying to further reduce the unintended side effects while still eliminating the excess aldosterone. In fact if I read it correctly they are trying to eliminate the production of excess aldosterone instead of blocking it! If it works and there are no adverse side effect it just might make ADx for PA a thing of the past, IMHO! And if there is a Santa Clause....!

Here, have a look.

source: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/334/1/232.full

title: Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Characterization of the Aldosterone Synthase Inhibitor FAD286 in Two Rodent Models of Hyperaldosteronism: Comparison with the 11â-Hydroxylase Inhibitor Metyrapone

Guest guest

Be certain to always say also/high salt as also has almost no harmful effects if salt intake is low. But most including the Endo folks seem to forget this. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 30, 2012, at 9:48, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

The recent conversation surrounding Aldosterone and Cortisol (CYP11B2 and CYP11B1) and the potential interaction when treating PA with Spironolactone caused me to do another search. I understand maybe 10% of it but think I see the direction. (I thought the rats were lucky until I realized they killed them at the end!)

Seriously, it looks like they are trying to further reduce the unintended side effects while still eliminating the excess aldosterone. In fact if I read it correctly they are trying to eliminate the production of excess aldosterone instead of blocking it! If it works and there are no adverse side effect it just might make ADx for PA a thing of the past, IMHO! And if there is a Santa Clause....!

Here, have a look.

source: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/334/1/232.full

title: Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Characterization of the Aldosterone Synthase Inhibitor FAD286 in Two Rodent Models of Hyperaldosteronism: Comparison with the 11â-Hydroxylase Inhibitor Metyrapone

Guest guest

I guess if it works I don't have to say anything about salt because there will

be no excess aldo to release! And look how easy it makes your job, nobody has

to " Show you the pee " ! (If anybody needs to mention the relationship of salt

and aldo it is the people doing the research, NOT me!)

>

> > The recent conversation surrounding Aldosterone and Cortisol (CYP11B2 and

CYP11B1) and the potential interaction when treating PA with Spironolactone

caused me to do another search. I understand maybe 10% of it but think I see

the direction. (I thought the rats were lucky until I realized they killed them

at the end!)

> >

> > Seriously, it looks like they are trying to further reduce the unintended

side effects while still eliminating the excess aldosterone. In fact if I read

it correctly they are trying to eliminate the production of excess aldosterone

instead of blocking it! If it works and there are no adverse side effect it

just might make ADx for PA a thing of the past, IMHO! And if there is a Santa

Clause....!

> >

> > Here, have a look.

> >

> > source: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/334/1/232.full

> >

> > title: Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Characterization of the

Aldosterone Synthase Inhibitor FAD286 in Two Rodent Models of

Hyperaldosteronism: Comparison with the 11â-Hydroxylase Inhibitor Metyrapone

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Ah yes I try to send each one I write to to comment on their article this important message. Of course some may want to avoid the other risks of high salt diet: LVH, osteoporosis, and HTN independent of excess aldo. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 30, 2012, at 15:11, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

I guess if it works I don't have to say anything about salt because there will be no excess aldo to release! And look how easy it makes your job, nobody has to "Show you the pee"! (If anybody needs to mention the relationship of salt and aldo it is the people doing the research, NOT me!)

>

> > The recent conversation surrounding Aldosterone and Cortisol (CYP11B2 and CYP11B1) and the potential interaction when treating PA with Spironolactone caused me to do another search. I understand maybe 10% of it but think I see the direction. (I thought the rats were lucky until I realized they killed them at the end!)

> >

> > Seriously, it looks like they are trying to further reduce the unintended side effects while still eliminating the excess aldosterone. In fact if I read it correctly they are trying to eliminate the production of excess aldosterone instead of blocking it! If it works and there are no adverse side effect it just might make ADx for PA a thing of the past, IMHO! And if there is a Santa Clause....!

> >

> > Here, have a look.

> >

> > source: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/334/1/232.full

> >

> > title: Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Characterization of the Aldosterone Synthase Inhibitor FAD286 in Two Rodent Models of Hyperaldosteronism: Comparison with the 11â-Hydroxylase Inhibitor Metyrapone

> >

> >

>