RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: BCP's - Yasmin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That's what I was thinking too! WOW that much salt is likely to kill me! I got that number from Dr. Grim's welcome message. I'll paste part of it here...Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken

this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness. From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:28 PM

Subject: Re: BCP's - Yasmin

Not sure what kind of test you you are prepring for unless it is sometime of a salt loading test. 4000mg of NA would be more than double what is recommended per day (1500 is the recommended amount). Are you sure they weren't talking about potassium (K) which is recommended at 4700mg/day.

>

> After calling 4 different medical facilities, I finally found a place who 'thinks' they may be able to measure aldosterone in the 24 hr urine along with everything else required, as you listed.

>

> I did have a quick question though. I have been dashing on and off for a few months, and for the last 4 weeks or so have stuck to it pretty rigorously. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before, but where you say to go on a 4000 mg of NA a day for 2 weeks before doing the 24 hour urine and blood work...what is the reasoning behind that? My bp shot up to 140/97 yesterday after trying a 'normal' salt meal for the first time in a few weeks. Just a little nervous to eat that much NA for that long!

>

> Thanks for your help!

>

>

> 27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness.

>

Guest guest

It is called salt loading to see if U Aldo is high. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 29, 2012, at 13:30, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Tht should be some KIND of salt.....!

> >

> > After calling 4 different medical facilities, I finally found a place who 'thinks' they may be able to measure aldosterone in the 24 hr urine along with everything else required, as you listed.

> >

> > I did have a quick question though. I have been dashing on and off for a few months, and for the last 4 weeks or so have stuck to it pretty rigorously. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before, but where you say to go on a 4000 mg of NA a day for 2 weeks before doing the 24 hour urine and blood work...what is the reasoning behind that? My bp shot up to 140/97 yesterday after trying a 'normal' salt meal for the first time in a few weeks. Just a little nervous to eat that much NA for that long!

> >

> > Thanks for your help!

> >

> >

> > 27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness.

> >

>

Guest guest

Is that 4000 mg salt or sodium? Need to be above 200 mM Na x 23 = mg sodium or about 4600 mg Na but depends on your weight maybe as 4000 mg for 130 lbs is more of a load than for someone who is 250lbs. SOS suspect 4000 is enough. Just eat at Applebee's every day and u will be there. What do u use to count Na? I use the free App LoseitMay your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 29, 2012, at 13:41, Marchelle Syktich <marseachelle02@...> wrote:

That's what I was thinking too! WOW that much salt is likely to kill me! I got that number from Dr. Grim's welcome message. I'll paste part of it here...Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken

this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness. From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:28 PM

Not sure what kind of test you you are prepring for unless it is sometime of a salt loading test. 4000mg of NA would be more than double what is recommended per day (1500 is the recommended amount). Are you sure they weren't talking about potassium (K) which is recommended at 4700mg/day.

>

> After calling 4 different medical facilities, I finally found a place who 'thinks' they may be able to measure aldosterone in the 24 hr urine along with everything else required, as you listed.

>

> I did have a quick question though. I have been dashing on and off for a few months, and for the last 4 weeks or so have stuck to it pretty rigorously. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before, but where you say to go on a 4000 mg of NA a day for 2 weeks before doing the 24 hour urine and blood work...what is the reasoning behind that? My bp shot up to 140/97 yesterday after trying a 'normal' salt meal for the first time in a few weeks. Just a little nervous to eat that much NA for that long!

>

> Thanks for your help!

>

>

> 27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness.

>

Guest guest

I have been doing pretty well just by manually writing down sodium in mg from each meal off of the nutrition facts label. I am loving this Loseit app. Thanks for mentioning that! Will make tracking sodium a lot easier! I believe you meant 4000 mg of sodium in the welcome letter.Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95).

Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness. From: Clarence Grim

<lowerbp2@...> "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:54 PM Subject: Re: Re: BCP's - Yasmin

Is that 4000 mg salt or sodium? Need to be above 200 mM Na x 23 = mg sodium or about 4600 mg Na but depends on your weight maybe as 4000 mg for 130 lbs is more of a load than for someone who is 250lbs. SOS suspect 4000 is enough. Just eat at Applebee's every day and u will be there. What do u use to count Na? I use the free App LoseitMay your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 29, 2012, at 13:41, Marchelle Syktich <marseachelle02@...> wrote:

That's what I was thinking too! WOW that much salt is likely to kill me! I got that number from Dr. Grim's welcome message. I'll paste part of it here...Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs

to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken

>

>

>

> Thanks for your help!

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes it is mg. of Na But now that I think of it the goal is to have the urine at at least 200 mM per 24 hr. this we need to increase this as not all salt goes out in urine. Am redoing the calcs. For u 4000 should be enough. Will show calcs later. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 30, 2012, at 11:13, Marchelle Syktich <marseachelle02@...> wrote:

I have been doing pretty well just by manually writing down sodium in mg from each meal off of the nutrition facts label. I am loving this Loseit app. Thanks for mentioning that! Will make tracking sodium a lot easier! I believe you meant 4000 mg of sodium in the welcome letter.Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95).

Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken this past June was 88 ng/dl. Taken again in July and was down to 18.8 ng/dl. Then back up to 42 ng/dl. K- 4.5, NA- 138, renin- 0.65. Most recently aldo was taken with 24 hour urine. Aldo was 82 ng/dL. No known underlying illnesses other than a mild aortic murmur. Symptoms - shortness of breath, heart palpitations, nocturia 2+ times per night, fatigue/weakness. From: Clarence Grim

<lowerbp2@...> "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:54 PM Subject: Re: Re: BCP's - Yasmin

That's what I was thinking too! WOW that much salt is likely to kill me! I got that number from Dr. Grim's welcome message. I'll paste part of it here...Dr. Grim's Perfect Primary Aldosteronism Blood and Urine Testing to diagnose PA in one day. 1. Eat a high salt diet for 2 weeks-at least 4000 mg of Na a day.27 y/o , 112 lb at 5'6, female with 4+ year history of hypertension (Avg 140/95). Taken off all bp meds because of resistance to them. Have recently been taken off of Yasmin BCPs

to have all tests redone. First Aldo level taken

>

>

>

> Thanks for your help!

>

>

>