RemedySpot.com

New Labs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't remember the specific bands, . LabCorp and Quest removed two of the most important bands to comply with some sort of NIH or CDC testing protocols. Their Lyme tests are not worth the time to get them nor the money to pay for them. You can get lots of information at www.igenex.com If you have an LLMD, he/she has already done tests through IgeneX Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of dsmemoryThanks for the note Val. I am seeing an LLMD right now and will actually be seeing him again next week. I know he has had other priorities with my health (with mold toxcicity and high viral counts) and asked me to be patient as we unpeel the layers. I took a look at the link you sent and think I will pursue looking more strongly with him at Lyme. What is suspicious is the IgG results (18kDa+). >> , several observations:> > 1. If you got a tick bite with the 100% diagnostic rash, and if you got 10 days of antibiotics, Lyme has not been eradicated from you. What do yo mean by an " indeterminate " IgG and IgM? I'm betting that if you saw a Lyme-literate MD, you would not be borderline. I can see why the toxic mold made you worse.> > 2. I blame at least my thyroid failure on a big immune response to Lyme. My antibodies at the time were >800. Now they are zero. Unfortunately, my immune system got it wrong and attacked the wrong thing.> > 3. I've also had hyperparathyroidism. I have hyperaldosteronism and a bit elevated cortisol. > > 4. All those issues are endocrine.> > 5. Why don't you stop your bedtime supplements and see what happens?> , I am familiar with what you describe in the night. The sweats, shakes, etc., are symptomatic of Babesiosis and Lyme. I used to have awful nights but am much, much better. Here is a slide show my doc did at an '08 autism conference. He mentions the night stuff. http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Lymewhat_is_it_part_3,_LIA.pdf.

Guest guest

I forgot to mention here that my DHEA level is at 50. Dr says he would like to

see this around 500 for my age (51 yo female). He would like me to start 5mg

DHEA (and work up from there) but I am concerned as to how this might affect

aldosterone and renin and bp?

Any thoughts?

>

> Hi There;

>

> Just got my labs back and had some questions. First the labs with a

comparison to last year:

>

> Serum Aldosterone

> 17 (last year aldosterone: 12)

> (ref range <28)

>

> Plasma Renin

> 1.14 (last year renin: 0.83)

> (ref range 0.25-5.82)

>

> Serum Potassium (no tourniquet used)

> 4.0 (serum k has remained between 3.8-4.5 over the year - no tourniquet)

> (ref range 3.5-5.3)

>

> Serum Na

> 141 (maintained over the course of the year)

> (ref range 3.5-5.3)

>

> 24h Urine Volume

> 2248mL/24h H (last year volume 3032 - has been as high as 4288mL/24h)

> (ref range 800 - 1800 mL/ 24 h)

>

> 24h Urine Sodium

> 17 (over the course of the year, I have maintained around 24 mmol/L)

> (ref range 28-272 mmol/ L)

>

> 24h Potassium

> Potassium, Urine 39.1 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this

level)

> (ref range 12-129 mmol/ L)

>

> Potassium, Urine 24h 88 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this

level)

> (ref range 22-160 mmol/ 24h)

>

> Potassium, urine 24h 264 (last year was at 309)

> (reg range 20-100 mmol/ g creat)

>

> 24h Urine Creatinine

> Creatinine, Urine 59.2

> (ref range 15.0-278.0 mg/dL)

>

> 24h Aldosterone 9.7 (previous year 5.8)

> (ref range 2.3-21 random sodium diet)

>

> Creatinine Urine 1.30 (previous year 1.13)

> (ref range 0.63-2.50)

>

> Other notes:

> I have lability to my blood pressure (have had lability for the past 1.5

years, previous to that normal bp). In the last 90 days have had high of 166/109

and low of 96/50. As I have maintained more of a DASH style diet I have less up

and down bp swings throughout the daytime (if I maintain 500 mg Na with around

4700 mg K, I do the best with bp). While I have been having trouble sleeping

for the past 2 years (night hot flashes, laying awake for hours or disturbed

sleep), I have noticed a troubling trend happening in the middle of the night

(usually 1-3 a.m. I awaken clammy, jittery or feeling like I am vibrating,

nauseated, hot) and am finding that my bp has dropped to the aforementioned low

of around 96/50 (although I suspect that it may go lower, as this is usually by

the time I get my head out of a stuppor and think about putting a bp cuff on).

Higher readings always take place during the day. My average HR is around 60.

>

> Previous nocturia of 4-6x night (1.5 years ago) has substantially decreased to

1x night.

>

> I am taking magnesium 200mg - 1x daily and mixed tocopherols, both taken at

bedtime (have been taking these for the past 4 months). Also getting weekly

infusion of 5cc. phosphatidylcholine

(http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-Phosphatidylcholine.pdf) to

help clear toxins. Otherwise no OTC, no BB. Do not do licorice.

>

> Other health information:

> During this past year discovered that we had toxic mold in our home (upon

environmental inspection) and got greatly ill with flu like feeling, loss of

balance, could no longer walk independently and had my perception greatly

affected (watched walls bending and could watch the window floating around on

the wall). I am now feeling better since moving out of the home and brain fog

is gone, can now walk independently and can now drive again. Since moving,

extreme thirst and nausea has greatly subsided. Also have elevated billi (1.7)

and low platelets (has been as low as 70,000 and last count was at 130,000).

Have elevated antibody counts to HHV-6, epstein barr and mycoplasma pneumoniae.

Lyme test borerline (Igenex IgG and IgM), although have history of both tick

bite with red ring (was put on 10 day course of antibiotics at time of bite 15

years ago) and past brown recluse spider bite (7 years ago). Over this past

year have also become hypersensitive to environmental chemicals and have

multiple food allergies. Just can't kick feeling flu-like at the moment.

>

> Questions:

>

> - ARR this year is 14.91 (previous year 14.45)

> Can we still conclude that this is early normokalemic PA? Did I calculate

that correctly?

>

> - Aldo/ Renin done on restricted sodium diet. Is there a calculation to

determine what Aldosterone or Renin might be if it were on a normal sodium diet?

>

> - I was surprised to see that my Renin elevated a bit over last year. I

would have thought that if this is early PA, that the renin would slide the

other direction and decrease.

>

> - Should I be concerned with bp dropping in middle of the night? Would the

magnesium or tocopherols have anything to do with this drop each night?

>

> - I am suspecting that the toxins that hit my body, may have caused endocrine

disruption. Val, I know you have stated the same thing.

>

> Thanks for any thoughts or insight here. I really appreciate all of you!

>

>

Guest guest

Look for evidence that taking DHEA makes anyone feel better or be healthier over the long run.Treating a DHEA level may be fringe medicine. Do a pubmed search and see what you find for controlled trials and get back with us or ask the Dr. for the data and references.CE Grim MDOn Apr 12, 2012, at 9:28 AM, dsmemory wrote: I forgot to mention here that my DHEA level is at 50. Dr says he would like to see this around 500 for my age (51 yo female). He would like me to start 5mg DHEA (and work up from there) but I am concerned as to how this might affect aldosterone and renin and bp? Any thoughts? > > Hi There; > > Just got my labs back and had some questions. First the labs with a comparison to last year: > > Serum Aldosterone > 17 (last year aldosterone: 12) > (ref range <28) > > Plasma Renin > 1.14 (last year renin: 0.83) > (ref range 0.25-5.82) > > Serum Potassium (no tourniquet used) > 4.0 (serum k has remained between 3.8-4.5 over the year - no tourniquet) > (ref range 3.5-5.3) > > Serum Na > 141 (maintained over the course of the year) > (ref range 3.5-5.3) > > 24h Urine Volume > 2248mL/24h H (last year volume 3032 - has been as high as 4288mL/24h) > (ref range 800 - 1800 mL/ 24 h) > > 24h Urine Sodium > 17 (over the course of the year, I have maintained around 24 mmol/L) > (ref range 28-272 mmol/ L) > > 24h Potassium > Potassium, Urine 39.1 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this level) > (ref range 12-129 mmol/ L) > > Potassium, Urine 24h 88 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this level) > (ref range 22-160 mmol/ 24h) > > Potassium, urine 24h 264 (last year was at 309) > (reg range 20-100 mmol/ g creat) > > 24h Urine Creatinine > Creatinine, Urine 59.2 > (ref range 15.0-278.0 mg/dL) > > 24h Aldosterone 9.7 (previous year 5.8) > (ref range 2.3-21 random sodium diet) > > Creatinine Urine 1.30 (previous year 1.13) > (ref range 0.63-2.50) > > Other notes: > I have lability to my blood pressure (have had lability for the past 1.5 years, previous to that normal bp). In the last 90 days have had high of 166/109 and low of 96/50. As I have maintained more of a DASH style diet I have less up and down bp swings throughout the daytime (if I maintain 500 mg Na with around 4700 mg K, I do the best with bp). While I have been having trouble sleeping for the past 2 years (night hot flashes, laying awake for hours or disturbed sleep), I have noticed a troubling trend happening in the middle of the night (usually 1-3 a.m. I awaken clammy, jittery or feeling like I am vibrating, nauseated, hot) and am finding that my bp has dropped to the aforementioned low of around 96/50 (although I suspect that it may go lower, as this is usually by the time I get my head out of a stuppor and think about putting a bp cuff on). Higher readings always take place during the day. My average HR is around 60. > > Previous nocturia of 4-6x night (1.5 years ago) has substantially decreased to 1x night. > > I am taking magnesium 200mg - 1x daily and mixed tocopherols, both taken at bedtime (have been taking these for the past 4 months). Also getting weekly infusion of 5cc. phosphatidylcholine (http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-Phosphatidylcholine.pdf) to help clear toxins. Otherwise no OTC, no BB. Do not do licorice. > > Other health information: > During this past year discovered that we had toxic mold in our home (upon environmental inspection) and got greatly ill with flu like feeling, loss of balance, could no longer walk independently and had my perception greatly affected (watched walls bending and could watch the window floating around on the wall). I am now feeling better since moving out of the home and brain fog is gone, can now walk independently and can now drive again. Since moving, extreme thirst and nausea has greatly subsided. Also have elevated billi (1.7) and low platelets (has been as low as 70,000 and last count was at 130,000). Have elevated antibody counts to HHV-6, epstein barr and mycoplasma pneumoniae. Lyme test borerline (Igenex IgG and IgM), although have history of both tick bite with red ring (was put on 10 day course of antibiotics at time of bite 15 years ago) and past brown recluse spider bite (7 years ago). Over this past year have also become hypersensitive to environmental chemicals and have multiple food allergies. Just can't kick feeling flu-like at the moment. > > Questions: > > - ARR this year is 14.91 (previous year 14.45) > Can we still conclude that this is early normokalemic PA? Did I calculate that correctly? > > - Aldo/ Renin done on restricted sodium diet. Is there a calculation to determine what Aldosterone or Renin might be if it were on a normal sodium diet? > > - I was surprised to see that my Renin elevated a bit over last year. I would have thought that if this is early PA, that the renin would slide the other direction and decrease. > > - Should I be concerned with bp dropping in middle of the night? Would the magnesium or tocopherols have anything to do with this drop each night? > > - I am suspecting that the toxins that hit my body, may have caused endocrine disruption. Val, I know you have stated the same thing. > > Thanks for any thoughts or insight here. I really appreciate all of you! > >

Guest guest

What doc is wanting you to take it, I am curious? The endocrinologist? DHEA doesn't have a lot of believers out there and studies are mostly ambiguous in relation to it. Every few years it seems to ebb and flow in the stress/weight gain/ cortisol camps.

From: dsmemory <dsmemory@...>Subject: Re: New Labshyperaldosteronism Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:28 AM

I forgot to mention here that my DHEA level is at 50. Dr says he would like to see this around 500 for my age (51 yo female). He would like me to start 5mg DHEA (and work up from there) but I am concerned as to how this might affect aldosterone and renin and bp?Any thoughts?>> Hi There;> > Just got my labs back and had some questions. First the labs with a comparison to last year:> > Serum Aldosterone> 17 (last year aldosterone: 12)> (ref range <28)> > Plasma Renin> 1.14 (last year renin: 0.83)> (ref range 0.25-5.82)> > Serum Potassium (no tourniquet used)> 4.0

(serum k has remained between 3.8-4.5 over the year - no tourniquet)> (ref range 3.5-5.3)> > Serum Na> 141 (maintained over the course of the year)> (ref range 3.5-5.3)> > 24h Urine Volume> 2248mL/24h H (last year volume 3032 - has been as high as 4288mL/24h)> (ref range 800 - 1800 mL/ 24 h)> > 24h Urine Sodium> 17 (over the course of the year, I have maintained around 24 mmol/L)> (ref range 28-272 mmol/ L)> > 24h Potassium> Potassium, Urine 39.1 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this level)> (ref range 12-129 mmol/ L)> > Potassium, Urine 24h 88 (over the course of the year, I have maintained this level)> (ref range 22-160 mmol/ 24h)> > Potassium, urine 24h 264 (last year was at 309)> (reg range 20-100 mmol/ g creat)> > 24h Urine Creatinine> Creatinine, Urine

59.2 > (ref range 15.0-278.0 mg/dL)> > 24h Aldosterone 9.7 (previous year 5.8)> (ref range 2.3-21 random sodium diet)> > Creatinine Urine 1.30 (previous year 1.13)> (ref range 0.63-2.50)> > Other notes:> I have lability to my blood pressure (have had lability for the past 1.5 years, previous to that normal bp). In the last 90 days have had high of 166/109 and low of 96/50. As I have maintained more of a DASH style diet I have less up and down bp swings throughout the daytime (if I maintain 500 mg Na with around 4700 mg K, I do the best with bp). While I have been having trouble sleeping for the past 2 years (night hot flashes, laying awake for hours or disturbed sleep), I have noticed a troubling trend happening in the middle of the night (usually 1-3 a.m. I awaken clammy, jittery or feeling like I am vibrating, nauseated, hot) and am finding that my bp has dropped to the

aforementioned low of around 96/50 (although I suspect that it may go lower, as this is usually by the time I get my head out of a stuppor and think about putting a bp cuff on). Higher readings always take place during the day. My average HR is around 60.> > Previous nocturia of 4-6x night (1.5 years ago) has substantially decreased to 1x night. > > I am taking magnesium 200mg - 1x daily and mixed tocopherols, both taken at bedtime (have been taking these for the past 4 months). Also getting weekly infusion of 5cc. phosphatidylcholine (http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-Phosphatidylcholine.pdf) to help clear toxins. Otherwise no OTC, no BB. Do not do licorice. > > Other health information:> During this past year discovered that we had toxic mold in our home (upon

environmental inspection) and got greatly ill with flu like feeling, loss of balance, could no longer walk independently and had my perception greatly affected (watched walls bending and could watch the window floating around on the wall). I am now feeling better since moving out of the home and brain fog is gone, can now walk independently and can now drive again. Since moving, extreme thirst and nausea has greatly subsided. Also have elevated billi (1.7) and low platelets (has been as low as 70,000 and last count was at 130,000). Have elevated antibody counts to HHV-6, epstein barr and mycoplasma pneumoniae. Lyme test borerline (Igenex IgG and IgM), although have history of both tick bite with red ring (was put on 10 day course of antibiotics at time of bite 15 years ago) and past brown recluse spider bite (7 years ago). Over this past year have also become hypersensitive to environmental chemicals and have multiple food allergies. Just can't kick

feeling flu-like at the moment.> > Questions:> > - ARR this year is 14.91 (previous year 14.45)> Can we still conclude that this is early normokalemic PA? Did I calculate that correctly?> > - Aldo/ Renin done on restricted sodium diet. Is there a calculation to determine what Aldosterone or Renin might be if it were on a normal sodium diet?> > - I was surprised to see that my Renin elevated a bit over last year. I would have thought that if this is early PA, that the renin would slide the other direction and decrease.> > - Should I be concerned with bp dropping in middle of the night? Would the magnesium or tocopherols have anything to do with this drop each night?> > - I am suspecting that the toxins that hit my body, may have caused endocrine disruption. Val, I know you have stated the same thing.> > Thanks for any thoughts or insight here. I

really appreciate all of you!> >