RemedySpot.com

Fw: Cats & Dogs for Wednesday March 12, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Cats & Dogs for Wednesday March 12, 2008

Having trouble seeing this email? View the most recent issue or stories from previous issues.

More from ArcaMax.com!Funnies | Puzzle Games | Quizzes | Unsubscribe

Register For Ad-Free Newsletters

www.ArcaMax.com | ArcaMundo.com | News | Books | Comics | Games | Subscribe | My Account

Cats & Dogs

For JoyceWednesday March 12, 2008 • Dog Breeds - Golden Retreiver • 5 Reasons Why Veterinarians Do Some Of The Things They Do! • Free Books for St. 's Day • Reader Photos

Golden Retreiver

Originally developed to retrieve downed fowl during hunting, the Golden remains one of the most common family dogs as they are easy to handle, very tolerant, happy and friendly. A low-maintenance...Read more and see reader photosRead about other cat and dog breeds

5 Reasons Why Veterinarians Do Some Of The Things They Do! By Garett

Why does my veterinarian always want to run expensive blood tests? Making an accurate diagnosis can be very difficult without them. There is a wealth of information veterinarians can learn from the blood panels that pet owners would not be able to communicate. Symptoms for one illness may overlap with symptoms of another ailment that require completely different treatments. It would be much easier (and less expensive) if our pets just learned to speak English so they could tell us what they are feeling! With a simple blood test, veterinarians can rule out a wide variety of possibilities such as kidney failure or liver failure among others. This gives them the foundation to make a sound diagnosis and provide effective treatment. In the long run, an early blood test can save you time and money. Why does my veterinarian always give my cat his shots in the leg? Unfortunately, there is a slight chance (~1 in 10,000) of cancer as a result of feline vaccination. The reason veterinarians give cats a shot in the leg is quite simple. A leg can be amputated, but a vital part of the body cannot. The consequences of not vaccinating your cat can be severe as diseases like feline HIV or feline leukemia are relatively common. The benefits of vaccination far exceed the risk in my opinion. Why does my veterinarian give the same amount of vaccine to my small Chihuahua as he does my large Great Dane? Won't that overdose him? This largely depends on the type and brand of vaccine used, but keep in mind that veterinarians are professionals that would never knowingly put your pet at risk. The majority of vaccines are designed to work based on the total particles delivered. This means that regardless of size, your pet would need to get an equal amount of the shot as all the other pets. The vaccine simply will not vaccinate if a certain percentage of those particles are not delivered. There is no such thing as a partial vaccination. It is all or nothing! Why does my veterinarian always want to treat my puppies for worms when they have never been outside? Roughly 97% of pets are born with them. Their mother was kind enough to not only pass on her genes, but her internal parasites as well! Some of these parasites like hookworm, roundworms, and whip worms can be transmitted from your pet to you or your children. So before you let your puppy go on a mad licking spree, it might be a good idea to have him dewormed. Why does my veterinarian recommend an anti-flea and tick medication like Frontline instead of a flea collar? Most anti-flea and tick applicators like Frontline have chemicals that are absorbed into your pet's skin to provide full body protection. Flea collars are effective, but are only effective in protecting the neck and head areas that are in close proximity to the collar. ======== Garett is a pre-vet student employed as a veterinary assistant at a private small animal practice in Bakersfield, California. He has combined his love of animals and experience with computers to create a web page about animal husbandry and basic animal pet care for a variety of pets including but not limited to ferrets, lizards, snakes, turtles, rats, mice, and hamsters. http://www.pet-care-portal.com Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Garett_ http://EzineArticles.com/?5-Reasons-Why-Veterinarians... Comment on this Story | Printer Friendly | Send Story to a Friend | Top

Free Books for St. 's Day

Celebrate this St. 's Day by reading classic books and plays by famous writers from Ireland. Subscribe to books like Gulliver's Travels free and start reading a chapter a day by e-mail from the ArcaMax Book Club. All books are also available for reading online. There are more than 600 other books to choose from, including non fiction, poetry, the Bible in a year, and more. For more St. 's Day fun, visit the ArcaMax Holiday Feature. Try traditional Irish recipes, learn all about the holiday, and more! Visit the St. 's Day Feature. Subscribe to New Books instantly for weekly author trivia, featured books, and book reviews. Find out more before subscribing. -- From the ArcaMax editors

Today's Reader Submitted Photos

Click an image above to see full size and read caption.

To see more of our subscriber photos visit our full Photo Gallery.Enter your Cats & Dogs pictures so you can show them off to other readers right here in this ezine and on the ArcaMax.com Web site. Click here to submit your photo. Sincerely, ArcaMax Editors

Recent Stories Cat Breeds - Persian Pet Sitting - How Much Dinero Will You Have to Shell Out? Dog Breeds - Cairn Terrier Dogs, Cats And Other People : Canines for Autistic Kids Dog Breeds - German Shepherd More Archived Stories

More From ArcaMax Publishing

Newsletters: Comics - Knowledge - Lifestyles - News - More

Classic Books: Fiction - Non Fiction - Short Stories - Sci Fi - More

More: Quizzes - Sudoku - Crossword - Weather - Sports - Columns

En Español: Ultimas Noticias - Tiras Comicas - Deportes - Soduko

Ad Free NewsletterArcaMax publications are now available in an "advertising-free" format.Please click here for details.

Quick Clicks

"Did you make $50,000 LAST MONTH?"

GOT INK? SAVE Up To 90% on Ink Cartridges 3 for 1 Pricing: Read more

World Wide Data Entry Workers Needed - Work At Home. Details here

The Website Your Boss Doesn't Want You To Know About!

RegistrySmart: 1-Click PC error diagnostics & repair. Try it free.

New Type-At-Home program: Start earning in 30 minutes - Anyone can

Why pay $90 a month for Cable or Sat.TV services? Download A TV!

Make sure this email gets to your inbox (and not your junk folder): just add ezines@... to your e-mail address book or safe list. Thank you!

ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. 729 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Suite 1-B Newport News, VA 23606 Fax: (757) 596-9731

ArcaMax Publishing is a leading publisher of family-friendly newsletters, featuring popular comics, games, feature columns and books by email. Thank you for reading the "Cats & Dogs" newsletter from the following email address: bjoyful@.... Please feel free to forward this email on to your friends! Advertise in ArcaMax NewslettersFamily-friendly consumer content to 4.4 million subscribersClick to learn more.

Advertiser's Directory

FAQ / Help

Contact the Editor

Contact information for recent advertisers.Consumer Online Buying Guide: FTC Tips for shopping online

Answers to our most frequently asked questions.Contact Customer Service

Have a question or comment about an article you read in one of our ezines?

ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. and its licensors.All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.