RemedySpot.com

Re: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patients and thyroid?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I really have no idea why. My sisters and me all have very low unreadable TSH's with classic s/s of hyperthyroidism to a T, and yet t3 and t4's hover right at the marks for being high thyroid but never actually go over. No idea how my mom's was as she died when I was 20 and healthy, but she was only 84 lbs at 5'4". She ws hit by a car so thyroid had nothing to do with her death. I know those labs go against the norm, but the symptoms are classic.

There is quite a few studies now about an Italian familial trait that shows this exact pattern and grabs some in a family and leaves others alone with low TSH and normal t3 and t4.

Mom's maiden name was Minyard and I am one generation British on my Dad's Dad side and 2 removed Danish on Grandma's (her Dad was from Denmark). Not many living relatives on moms side but no Italian I know of. Romanian Gypsy is all I was ever told.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 4:25 PM

My first dental appoint, five months after I got so sick, showed considerable periodontal disease. I was going every six months so this was suddenly new. A few years ago, I went on a very low-dose doxy (20 mg/day) called Periostat. That halted the progression. Then when I went on serious antibiotic Lyme treatment, my periodontal problems partially reversed. Where I had pockets of 7, I now have pockets of about 4.

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham

I have some bad teeth issues that may be contributing.

Guest guest

For the family medical tree at the NIH site you can details medical problems in each relative which is what you are looking for. An extremely low TSH EITHER means you pituitary is not working or you have hyperthyroidism assuming the lab is using a high sensitive TSH ASSAY. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 18, 2012, at 10:35, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

I really have no idea why. My sisters and me all have very low unreadable TSH's with classic s/s of hyperthyroidism to a T, and yet t3 and t4's hover right at the marks for being high thyroid but never actually go over. No idea how my mom's was as she died when I was 20 and healthy, but she was only 84 lbs at 5'4". She ws hit by a car so thyroid had nothing to do with her death. I know those labs go against the norm, but the symptoms are classic.

There is quite a few studies now about an Italian familial trait that shows this exact pattern and grabs some in a family and leaves others alone with low TSH and normal t3 and t4.

Mom's maiden name was Minyard and I am one generation British on my Dad's Dad side and 2 removed Danish on Grandma's (her Dad was from Denmark). Not many living relatives on moms side but no Italian I know of. Romanian Gypsy is all I was ever told.

From: Valarie <val@...>Subject: RE: Findings Among Lyme Disease Patientshyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 4:25 PM

My first dental appoint, five months after I got so sick, showed considerable periodontal disease. I was going every six months so this was suddenly new. A few years ago, I went on a very low-dose doxy (20 mg/day) called Periostat. That halted the progression. Then when I went on serious antibiotic Lyme treatment, my periodontal problems partially reversed. Where I had pockets of 7, I now have pockets of about 4.

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham

I have some bad teeth issues that may be contributing.