RemedySpot.com

What is the effective dose of Inspra? Should Inspra be combined with other meds?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Currently I am taking 100 mg of Inspra in the AM and 100 mg of Inspra in the PM. I am also taking 5 mg of Norvasc in the PM. I am trying to DASH diet the best I can and I drink lots of water.My average blood pressure is 140/90 but at times it goes up to 160/110._________________________________________________________________________________________________My doctor wants me to take 200 mg Inspra in the AM and 200 mg Inspra in the PM. He said Inspra is a weak diuretic.Please answer all these questions:1. How much Inspra do you have to take to be effective and bring the blood pressure below 140/90?2. What would the side effects be of taking such a large dose of Inspra?The insurance company and the pharmacy are already questioning why I need more than 50 mg of Inspra per day because that is the FDA approved dose for congestive heart failure and it is an off label use for hyperaldosteronism.The price of generic Inspra (eplerenone) at CVS pharmacy is $3.83 per one 50 mg tablet (the largest size they make.)There is no price break whether you get 100 tablets or 1,000 tablets.I cannot take Spironolactone (aldactone) and Midamor (amiloride) didn't do enough.3. What would be the effectiveness of taking Midamor combined with Inspra ?4. What would be the effectiveness of taking Midamor combined with Inspra ?4. Is there anyway I can do a home test for Potassium to see if my blood level has too much Potassium?