RemedySpot.com

Re: 24 Hour Urine PLEASE REPLY - MORE INFO NEEDED

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The day I did the test I was especially careful to eat at home and not to eat any salty foods. I have no idea where I am getting too much salt from. Maybe my body retained it from the day before but I did not keep track of my diet and I am following DASH. It would be interesting to see the results if I fasted while doing the 24 hour urine collection and just drinking sink water. No I will not drink filtered water only.Of course I am eating out at times. If I didn't I would die from depression. That is the reality of life - and I usually try to eat healthily when I go out but I often cannot control the salt.Please educate me what level of salt is acceptable in easy to understand terms.Also please explain these lab test scores in simple terms that I can understand.These were my scores in April 2012.> > Potassium 24.2 mmol/l> > Potassium/TV 109 mmol/24 hours> > Sodium 31 mmol/l> > Sodium/TV 140 mmol/24 hours

Since my scores were these below in May 2011 has their been any improvement?> > > > > Potassium, Urine 60.5 mmol/l> > > > > Sodium, Urine 86 mmol/l

What should the scores be exactly?P.S. Dr Grim - My doctor does not understand the scores either and he does not know how to interpret them. I only got the tests because you asked me to. > > > > >> > > > > > When you do a 24 Hour Urine test what specifically should be> > > tested> > > > > > besides cortisol, potassium and sodium?> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I reached my own conclusion on my daily salt intake: I reduced my salt intake until I reached the level of craving for salt… then I knew that was the minimum salt my body need…this process occurred while I was on 100mg/d Spiro and other medication….this procedure can be repeated by changes in medications and their doses. Craving for salt is the most natural way that body signals how much salt it needs for keeping body’s electrolyte at normal level. Max. Please educate me what level of salt is acceptable in easy to understand terms.