RemedySpot.com

arteries fibrosis and PA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is it the excess aldosterone causing fibrosis?

If so, what about renin? Low renin?

If aldo is within normal limits (let's say 16ng/dl, mid range) will fibrosis

still occur?

The reason I ask this is that I was trying to figure out where my brain fog and

numbness was coming from.

Could carotid arteries fibrosis account for brain fog?

I also have stretch marks allover my body when I wake up in the AM and parts of

my

body feels numb with pins and needles (which should go away in 5 min upon waking

but

mines linger for hours). Could this also be caused by fibrosis?

Thank you for chiming into this subject.

tiu

Guest guest

The stretch marks - without being able to see what you're talking about - can happen with Cushing's disease. Pins and needles, numbness, brain fog, VERY common with hypokalemia - low potassium

From: lvasiliu@... <lvasiliu@...>Subject: arteries fibrosis and PAhyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:46 AM

Is it the excess aldosterone causing fibrosis? If so, what about renin? Low renin?If aldo is within normal limits (let's say 16ng/dl, mid range) will fibrosis still occur?The reason I ask this is that I was trying to figure out where my brain fog and numbness was coming from.Could carotid arteries fibrosis account for brain fog?I also have stretch marks allover my body when I wake up in the AM and parts of mybody feels numb with pins and needles (which should go away in 5 min upon waking butmines linger for hours). Could this also be caused by fibrosis?Thank you for chiming into this subject.tiu

Guest guest

But those stretch marks don't go away after being up and around as she seems to describe.CE Grim MD On Apr 21, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Bingham wrote: The stretch marks - without being able to see what you're talking about - can happen with Cushing's disease. Pins and needles, numbness, brain fog, VERY common with hypokalemia - low potassium From: lvasiliu@... <lvasiliu@...>Subject: arteries fibrosis and PAhyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:46 AM Is it the excess aldosterone causing fibrosis? If so, what about renin? Low renin?If aldo is within normal limits (let's say 16ng/dl, mid range) will fibrosis still occur?The reason I ask this is that I was trying to figure out where my brain fog and numbness was coming from.Could carotid arteries fibrosis account for brain fog?I also have stretch marks allover my body when I wake up in the AM and parts of mybody feels numb with pins and needles (which should go away in 5 min upon waking butmines linger for hours). Could this also be caused by fibrosis?Thank you for chiming into this subject.tiu

Guest guest

But those stretch marks don't go away after being up and around as she seems to describe.CE Grim MD On Apr 21, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Bingham wrote: The stretch marks - without being able to see what you're talking about - can happen with Cushing's disease. Pins and needles, numbness, brain fog, VERY common with hypokalemia - low potassium From: lvasiliu@... <lvasiliu@...>Subject: arteries fibrosis and PAhyperaldosteronism Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:46 AM Is it the excess aldosterone causing fibrosis? If so, what about renin? Low renin?If aldo is within normal limits (let's say 16ng/dl, mid range) will fibrosis still occur?The reason I ask this is that I was trying to figure out where my brain fog and numbness was coming from.Could carotid arteries fibrosis account for brain fog?I also have stretch marks allover my body when I wake up in the AM and parts of mybody feels numb with pins and needles (which should go away in 5 min upon waking butmines linger for hours). Could this also be caused by fibrosis?Thank you for chiming into this subject.tiu

Guest guest

From

Investigating elevated potassium values.

Title Annotation: CLINICAL ISSUES; Pseudohyperkalemia

Author: Baer, M.; Ernst, Dennis J.; Willeford, I.; Gambino,

Geographic Code: 1USA

Date: Nov 1, 2006

Words: 3486

Publication: Medical Laboratory Observer

ISSN: 0580-7247

In Part

H+/K+ exchange

Crying and hyperventilation will either increase or decrease the plasma

potassium, depending on its duration. Hyperventilation (including crying) for

three to six minutes causes an acute alkalosis and a rapid shift of potassium

ions into the plasma. It is postulated that the source of the potassium is the

intestines and liver. (24) The increase in potassium during this phase averaged

1.2 mmol/L. (25) After about 30 minutes of hyperventilation, however, there is a

drop in potassium, with a shift of potassium from the intracellular to

extracellular space as the body attempts to buffer the respiratory alkalosis

with K+ ions replacing H+ ions.

>

> > If you are having shortness of breath this can make liver release K

> > into blood but cell K stays low.

>

Guest guest

Wouldn't fluid retention from excess Na be a factor in weight gain in

hyperaldosterinism & conversely weight loss after an Adx?

Lucy Sage

Please forgive brevity & typos

Sent from my droid

<jclark24p@...> wrote:

>Been there, done that, still disagree but haven't read the book! It is

certainly more complicated than cal in/cal out. The burn cycle has to enter

into it and factors that inpede that like OSA, COPD, DM when the feet start to

resist, Suppl Oxygen, change in occupation and even mental attitude, need I go

on. If it was as simple as in/out give me a calculator and I can be a doctor!

>

>

>> >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Well, I don't have Cushings (did Dex suppression) nor hypokalemia

>> > > (lowest blood K was 3.7).

>> > >

>> > > But I do have those symptoms.

>> > >

>> > > And I am DASHing since last year and taking K supplements. But for

>> > > some unknown reason I've gained 22 pounds since began DASHing ....

>> > > Big puzzle for my team.

>> > >

>> > > Is there such a thing as temporary hypokalemia which by the time I

>> > > got to ER and they drew blood the body corrects the K?

>> > >

>> > > By Dr. Grimm book I am at Conn stage 1 or physiologic PA (adrenal CT

>> > > and MRI clean).

>> > >

>> > > I am currently on CCBs for BP and tachycardia.

>> > > tiu

>> > >

>> > >

>> >

>>

>

>

>

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Calories are always the problem. What is driving the lack of appetite feedback control by the body is not understood- mostly. Consider: Excess cortisol?, excess aldo?,Both?, Sleep apnea driving excess cortisol.Other mental and environmental. Be good to see what Dr. M thinks. Also would want to know how many of your age and weight who do not have HTN or low K and are otherwise normal so they can decide if you are or are not "nomral". Without "normals" one cannot tell what is normal.Also would like to know the reproducibility of the dex testing in the same person ie if retested again how much does it vary.Finally how do the changes with dex compare to the same protocol but giving a sugar pill instead of dex and the pt and team does not know which is being given?These issues are not often studied well in my experience but trust NIH has done it. CE Grim mD On Apr 22, 2012, at 11:34 AM, wrote: Dr. Grim, I'm not sure I understand your wt gain comment, are you saying calories are the only cause? Looking squarely at Cushing's, Mayo says: "Common signs and symptoms involve progressive obesity and skin changes, such as: Weight gain and fatty tissue deposits, particularly around the midsection and upper back, in the face (moon face) and between the shoulders (buffalo hump)" I know moon face and buffalo hump are not required when it is masked by PA (probably wouldn't be masked if you could see obvious signs!) It would be interesting to hear how the DEX test was done. Mine occurred over a 4 day process in a hospital setting. Low DEX first 2 days w/draws every 6 hours; test cortisol, ACTH & Aldosterone and immediately go to 2 day high DEX w/same draw schedule ending w/cortisol, ACTH and Dexamethasone tests AND 24 hr urine tests all the while! (What do you think those 96 hours would cost in the real world!) I'm not saying everyone has this condition or that it is anything but rare, however if the SX are there they should be checked by proper testing OR you can assume and suffer for a few more years! I chose to see if I can move on and Dr. Moraitis and I are working on a plan! > > > > > > > Well, I don't have Cushings (did Dex suppression) nor hypokalemia > > (lowest blood K was 3.7). > > > > But I do have those symptoms. > > > > And I am DASHing since last year and taking K supplements. But for > > some unknown reason I've gained 22 pounds since began DASHing .... > > Big puzzle for my team. > > > > Is there such a thing as temporary hypokalemia which by the time I > > got to ER and they drew blood the body corrects the K? > > > > By Dr. Grimm book I am at Conn stage 1 or physiologic PA (adrenal CT > > and MRI clean). > > > > I am currently on CCBs for BP and tachycardia. > > tiu > > > > >