RemedySpot.com

Fw: Seed-Starting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Spring is approaching and one of the healthiest activities is working with plants. I love getting my hands in the soil, and I don't use gloves. By growing your own vegetables or flowers for the butterflies and bees, we help ourselves and Earth's creatures to be healthy. When I work in my gardens, I zone out. When I am finished for the day, I feel at peace and one with Mother Earth. If you haven't grown vegetables before, start small. You can use planters for all kinds of vegetables, like tomato plants, strawberries, even blueberries.

Lots of Love and Blessings, Joy

Seed-Starting

Welcome to the NGA Garden Shop! Here are this week's specials. To view this e-mail online, visit http://www.ngagardenshop.com/campaigns/show/4425To ensure our messages go straight to your inbox, add NGAgardenshop@... to your address book or safe list.

Windowsill Herb Garden

EXCLUSIVE. Fresh, homegrown herbs are a good cook's secret for culinary success, and you can grow many of them right on your kitchen windowsill! Reg $29.95 NOW $24.95

>> Buy Now

Portable 4-Tier Growing Rack

This versatile growing rack is ideal for hardening off seedlings in spring or extending the growing season in fall. Reg $89.95 NOW $79.95

>> Buy Now

Paper Potmaker

Anyone can use our popular Paper Potmaker and recycle while saving the hassle of dealing with lots of plastic seedling pots. Reg $16.95 NOW $14.95

>> Buy Now

Seedling Heat Mat™

Designed to fit under common seed flats, the Seedling Heat Mat warms the rooting area, promoting stronger root systems and faster growth. Reg $35.95 NOW $30.95

>> Buy Now

GrowLab® Master 3-Tier Light Garden

Garden around the clock and maximize your indoor gardening with 3 levels of light-filled growing space! Reg $649 NOW $549

>> Buy Now

Deluxe Seed-Starting Kit

EXCLUSIVE. Our convenient kit is perfectly sized for the GrowLab 3-Tier and includes top-quality seeds, pots, trays, inserts, soil, fertilizer, and more — the works! Reg $99.95 NOW $89.95

>> Buy Now

Green Thumb 4' Light System

If you're just starting with plants, or space is at a premium, our Green Thumb Grow Light is for you. Reg $84.95 NOW $74.95

>> Buy Now

Vegetable Garden Seeds

Our vegetable garden collection of 11 high-quality, easy-to-grow seeds is ideal for anyone looking for a one-stop veggie garden that contains all the basics. Reg $14.95 NOW $12.95

>> Buy Now

Create a Planting CalendarIf you're starting seeds indoors, it helps to create a planting calendar so you know which seeds to sow when. Start by marking your average last frost date — you can get this from a gardening neighbor or your ative Extension office. Then count back and mark the sowing and transplanting dates for each crop. For example, you'll want to sow tomato seeds about six weeks before planting outdoors. If your average last frost date is May 1, write "sow tomato seeds" on March 20. You'll transplant the seedlings into the garden on May 1. You can transplant broccoli and cabbage seedlings into the garden about two weeks before the last frost date — they can take a light frost — so write "transplant broccoli" on April 17. Sow them about six weeks before that, on March 6. Make your planting calendar now, and before you know it you'll be out in the garden!

Product Search

Browse our departments:

Indoor Gardening

Light Gardens Seed Starting Outdoor Gardening

Birds & Butterflies Composting Container Gardening Fences & Arbors Furniture & Decorative Greenhouses & Sheds Seed Collections Tools & Equipment Watering Weather Worms & Vermicomposting Plants

AmaryllisGift Bulb BasketsSpecialty Gardens

Home

Dried Wreaths Lavender Gifts Kids Gardening Books & Posters Kitchen

Our Mission

Adopt a School Garden

Customer Service

To ensure our messages go straight to your inbox, add NGAgardenshop@... to your address book or safe list.If you can't read this newsletter, copy this URL and paste it into your browser: http://www.ngagardenshop.com/campaigns/show/4425

Contact NGA:1100 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT 05403802-863-5251 If you would like to change your e-mail settings, follow the link below:http://garden.garden.org/subscriptions/manage.php?r=8767_f9ec9030