Re: Re: I'm sooooo frustrated!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for the reply. I feel so ignorant to my own health. Are saying

secondary because of the renin?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA <georgewbill@...> wrote:

>Looks like you have secondary hyperaldosteronism.

>

>

>>

>> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

>> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both

arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the

>> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get

home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of

Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still

take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of

>> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i

still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg

ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have

>> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> >you.

>> >Ms. Abbie

>> >

>> >abbie

>> > 

>> >abbie

>> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C 

>> >abbie

>>

>

>

Guest guest

That sounds wonderful but my renal ultrasound was " fine " . Except for one

anomalie-- I have an extra artery on my left kidney. And I forgot to mention

that my echo showed significant LVH. Secondary or primary...what would be the

next diagnostic step?

>Yes most common cause is renal artery stenosis that reduces blood supply to

kidney that stimulates the production of renin.

>

>

>> >>

>> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

>> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both

>> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get

>> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i

>> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> >> >you.

>> >> >Ms. Abbie

>> >> >

>> >> >abbie

>> >> > 

>> >> >abbie

>> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C 

>> >> >abbie

>> >>

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks!!!! Nice to have some " outside " input. I'm know I'm young but this

process has made me feel so old. And its also taken some fire out of this

normally fiery redhead!

>Ultrasound misses many with renal artery stenosis. Doppler ultrasound better

test if done right.

>

>best test is an angiogram next is Computed tomographic angiography.

>

>

>> >> >>

>> >> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> >> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I

have

>> >> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> >> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> >> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my

both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the

>> >> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i

get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of

>> >> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from

that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg

>> >> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> >> >> >you.

>> >> >> >Ms. Abbie

>> >> >> >

>> >> >> >abbie

>> >> >> > 

>> >> >> >abbie

>> >> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press

Ctrl+C 

>> >> >> >abbie

>> >> >>

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >>

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

Guest guest

A couple of precautionary bits of advice.

The meds they put you on AREN'T going to work in PA, so obviously they likely don't work, but your meds likely also interferred with the blood testing anyway and you need to take them Dr G's proper way of testing for PA. Your story is about as equal to most of us we've had on here (or sadly, maybe the many who were never diagnosed and aren't here to tell us today are the worst stories NOT on here), so we as a group certainly know what you're going through. Maybe, MAYBE, it seems there has been a handful of lucky people on here actually had someone on the ball and actually find the PA before they spent years suffering.

Nearly all of us who's BP was uncontrolled/and/or misdiagnosed/not diagnosed has evidence of now or past LVH. The LVH is one aspect that is very responsive to spironolactone (and some good evidence for ACEI too) and will get better most likely if we can get your HTN controlled.

And they will always blame the low potassium on HCTZ, and so the next question is do they put you on potassium anyway so you feel better or do they just blow it off, and decide since you're a woman (they ignore us men too, but not usually when we are loud enough) have they just decided your fatigue, brain fog, weakness, insomnia, tingling, muscle aches, on and on has nothing to do with the low potassium and is just being a woman and keep you on the HCTZ they keep putting you on though it doesn't work anyway? I used to get accused by everyone of doctoring myself, but after the 3rd or 4th time "trying" HCTZ to make everyone happy, and ending up in the ER or hospital with low K, I finally just said no more.

Angioedema etc is often a side effect of ACE inhibitors (lisinorpil) and BB's, so good you found out now at least.

I just wrote about this yesterday.....but......do you know why they won't consider putting you on spironolactone then, to at least SEE if you respond to that one? Maybe ask them why. It's not an ACEI or Beta Blocker, and while it has side effects like everything, it could eventually be the difference between life and ......well you know. They will try every class, every drug, except that one. I am starting to think it almost borders on malpractice the strange way so many just will not use it.

Last your story, or hospital stay, is eerily a little like mine - at least once. Your not in Prescott are you ?

After years and years of HTN no one could control, and the blame on stress/depression (I am just ornery, but never depressed) during my last hospital stay in 09//2010 or 10/2010, before a new (new to me) cardiologist finally had his aha moment a couple months later and tried spiro. I was in for 5 days with uncontrolled HTN and low potassium, they loaded me up so heavy with beta blockers - though I specifically told them back then I could ONLY take half of a 25mg a day because it lowered my heart rate too low, and so in the hospital that time they dropped my heart rate to 36 by giving me 300 mgs in about 16 hours, plus my other HTN meds - 3 others - and then wrote in my chart that I "refused to take my metoprolol" when they brought in my 4th 100mg dose after I couldn't stand and was throwing up and throwing up (I went in with severe HTN and the potassium symptoms, but I wasn't feeling nauseated or anything).

I am a PA-C myself, but they had made me so sick, it took me a while to catch the heart rate because I was so sick AFTER they put me in.

But they did a 24 hour urine, yet never checked for aldosterone or renin, just catecholamines - I have NO IDEA what the young lady doc was thinking - never got my BP down below 150/120 and still sent me home after 5 days (it stayed high on that dose of metoprolol until I sat or stood up of course), and sent me home on hydrazaline, lisinopril, clonidine, etc.......and never addressed why that was easy over my 10th visit to their ER/hospital with low potassium. I realize they like to leave everything for the personal physician, but........

A cardiologist really had an aha moment, at the end of the visit, and in 2 doses I had the first normal BP I had had in at least 5 years, but alot longer I am certain.

The moral of this story. I am on the DASH diet (and I say that with a grain of salt because I am definitely not perfect or fanatical about it and while I am good at it, I do still enjoy things I always enjoyed), keep my potassium controlled and now I can exercise again, and I went from 50mg spiro at first, then 25mg, then nothing right now. My LVH at the last echo - it's been over a year I think now since the last one so it corrected fast, is not there, and my HTN is controlled. It does spike if I outsalt it - and for me the #1 thing has been cutting out the packaged/fast foods

I'll shut up for now.....maybe..........maybe not......

44 yo male father of 7 kids with PA undiagnosed/misdiagnosed at least from 2004-2010 who is a BIG believer, because it worked for me, the DASH diet. I have some other health issues, like anemia we still don't what's causing it, but the PA is well controlled if I do my part.

>Yes most common cause is renal artery stenosis that reduces blood supply to kidney that stimulates the production of renin. >>>> >> >> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,>> >> >ÃÂ I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have >> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my >> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will >> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the >> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of

class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of >> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have >> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank >> >> >you.>> >> >Ms. Abbie >> >> >>> >> >abbie >> >> >ÃÂ >> >> >abbie >> >> >ÃÂ Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÃÂ >> >> >abbie>> >>>> >>>

>>>>>

Guest guest

But need urine BNa and meds when renin and also was done to make sense of it May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 30, 2012, at 15:23, Cybil <cybil.baker@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I feel so ignorant to my own health. Are saying secondary because of the renin?

>Looks like you have secondary hyperaldosteronism.

>

>

>>

>> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> >Â I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

>> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the

>> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of

>> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have

>> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> >you.

>> >Ms. Abbie

>> >

>> >abbie

>> >Â

>> >abbie

>> >Â Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÂ

>> >abbie

>>

>

>

Guest guest

If RAS was a problem then ACE WOULD HAVE lowered BP MORE May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 30, 2012, at 15:51, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA <georgewbill@...> wrote:

Yes most common cause is renal artery stenosis that reduces blood supply to kidney that stimulates the production of renin.

> >>

> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the

> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of

> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have

> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

> >> >you.

> >> >Ms. Abbie

> >> >

> >> >abbie

> >> >ÂÂ

> >> >abbie

> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÂÂ

> >> >abbie

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I can't figure that out either. I believe the ranges vary with salt intake and

body position but my doc told me they were normal. I need to call the lab and

get reference ranges. But before I was labeled allergic, ACEI didn't help

regardless.

Still confused,

Cybil

<jclark24p@...> wrote:

>Isn't renin too high to be hyperaldosteronism? In fact low renin is why ACE &

ARB's don't work with hyperldosteronism. (Do you have the Lab Ranges?)

>

>source:

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/renin-16913?page=2

>

> " Many factors can affect renin test results. Your doctor will talk with you

about any abnormal results that may be related to your symptoms and medical

history.

>

>High values

>

> A high renin value can mean kidney disease, blockage of an artery leading to a

kidney, 's disease, cirrhosis, excessive bleeding (hemorrhage), or

malignant high blood pressure is present.

>

>Low values

>

>A low renin value can mean Conn's syndrome is present. "

>

>

>

>> >

>> > >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> > > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

>> > >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> > >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> > >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both

>> > >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get

>> > >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i

>> > >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> > >you.

>> > >Ms. Abbie

>> > >

>> > >abbie

>> > > 

>> > >abbie

>> > > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C 

>> > >abbie

>> >

>>

>

>

Guest guest

My recommendation would be to do a trial of Spiro. But check with your team and would be happy to advise them if u want to hire me as a consultant. One on one. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 30, 2012, at 16:14, Cybil <cybil.baker@...> wrote:

That sounds wonderful but my renal ultrasound was "fine". Except for one anomalie-- I have an extra artery on my left kidney. And I forgot to mention that my echo showed significant LVH. Secondary or primary...what would be the next diagnostic step?

>Yes most common cause is renal artery stenosis that reduces blood supply to kidney that stimulates the production of renin.

>

>

>> >>

>> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients,

>> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have

>> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my

>> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will

>> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the

>> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of

>> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have

>> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank

>> >> >you.

>> >> >Ms. Abbie

>> >> >

>> >> >abbie

>> >> >ÂÂ

>> >> >abbie

>> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÂÂ

>> >> >abbie

>> >>

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

Guest guest

Make that an aortic and selective renal arteriogram. Dop and CT and MRI angio may miss segmental stenosis. Without selective study of all renal arteries one may miss banch stenosis.I have heard bruits from segmental artery stenosis that were missed by Dop and CT/MRI. CE Grim MDOn Apr 30, 2012, at 4:39 PM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: Ultrasound misses many with renal artery stenosis. Doppler ultrasound better test if done right. best test is an angiogram next is Computed tomographic angiography. > >> >> > >> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients, > >> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have > >> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my > >> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will > >> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the > >> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of > >> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have > >> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank > >> >> >you. > >> >> >Ms. Abbie > >> >> > > >> >> >abbie > >> >> > > >> >> >abbie > >> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C > >> >> >abbie > >> >> > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > >

Guest guest

REdheads may have special vascular problems I have been taught but never seen andy data. More likely to have PVD esp in women I was taught by Vasc surgeon from MI.CE Grim MDOn Apr 30, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Cybil wrote: Thanks!!!! Nice to have some "outside" input. I'm know I'm young but this process has made me feel so old. And its also taken some fire out of this normally fiery redhead! Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA <georgewbill@...> wrote: >Ultrasound misses many with renal artery stenosis. Doppler ultrasound better test if done right. > >best test is an angiogram next is Computed tomographic angiography. > > >> >> >> >> >> >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients, >> >> >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have >> >> >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my >> >> >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will >> >> >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the >> >> >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of >> >> >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have >> >> >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank >> >> >> >you. >> >> >> >Ms. Abbie >> >> >> > >> >> >> >abbie >> >> >> > >> >> >> >abbie >> >> >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C >> >> >> >abbie >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> > >> > >> > >

Guest guest

Need renin and aldo off all meds and on a high salt diet with a 24 hr urine to document Na, K and creatinine.CE Grim MDOn Apr 30, 2012, at 6:54 PM, wrote: Isn't renin too high to be hyperaldosteronism? In fact low renin is why ACE & ARB's don't work with hyperldosteronism. (Do you have the Lab Ranges?) source: http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/renin-16913?page=2 "Many factors can affect renin test results. Your doctor will talk with you about any abnormal results that may be related to your symptoms and medical history. High values A high renin value can mean kidney disease, blockage of an artery leading to a kidney, 's disease, cirrhosis, excessive bleeding (hemorrhage), or malignant high blood pressure is present. Low values A low renin value can mean Conn's syndrome is present." > > > > >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients, > > >Â I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have > > >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my > > >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will > > >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the > > >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of > > >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have > > >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank > > >you. > > >Ms. Abbie > > > > > >abbie > > >Â > > >abbie > > >Â Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÂ > > >abbie > > >

Guest guest

Sounds like PA. CE Grim MDOn Apr 30, 2012, at 7:08 PM, Cybil wrote: I can't figure that out either. I believe the ranges vary with salt intake and body position but my doc told me they were normal. I need to call the lab and get reference ranges. But before I was labeled allergic, ACEI didn't help regardless. Still confused, Cybil Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone <jclark24p@...> wrote: >Isn't renin too high to be hyperaldosteronism? In fact low renin is why ACE & ARB's don't work with hyperldosteronism. (Do you have the Lab Ranges?) > >source: http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/renin-16913?page=2 > >"Many factors can affect renin test results. Your doctor will talk with you about any abnormal results that may be related to your symptoms and medical history. > >High values > > A high renin value can mean kidney disease, blockage of an artery leading to a kidney, 's disease, cirrhosis, excessive bleeding (hemorrhage), or malignant high blood pressure is present. > >Low values > >A low renin value can mean Conn's syndrome is present." > > > >> > >> > >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients, >> > >Â I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have >> > >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my >> > >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will >> > >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the >> > >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of >> > >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have >> > >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank >> > >you. >> > >Ms. Abbie >> > > >> > >abbie >> > >Â >> > >abbie >> > >Â Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+CÂ >> > >abbie >> > >> > >

Guest guest

I have seen BP fall by 50 mm Hg in 30 min in pts with RAS exp if on a low sodium diet or diuretics. Indeed sudden fall in pressure is used in the so called Captopril screening test. We did not find the test useful however. CE Grim MDOn Apr 30, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: Would depend on how long she took it. > > > >> > > > >> >Dear Dr. Grim and Hyperaldosteronism patients, > > > >> > I am abbie, Philippines. I hope u still remember me,I have > > > >> >hyperaldosteronism and mitral valve prolapse.negative tumor from my > > > >> >CT-scan last year of 2011. After such a long time, i thought i will > > > >> >become okay about my health and my dosage. I still feel bad like my both arms are like tired all the time. It is like after my review in the > > > >> >review center 8:am till 5p.m. or sometimes till 6pm of class. When i get home my both arms are having a hard time to lift it. Is it bec. lack of Potassium in my body? it is like my arms are lazy or lack of strength.i still take spironolactone (aldactone) the brandname, with a dosage of > > > >> >25mg 1 tablet morning and in the evening 1 tablet 25mg. aside from that i still take 1/2 tab. of 5mg ivabradine(Coralan) and at night 1/2tab of 5mg ivabradine (coralan).I hope i will be fine. I don't want to have > > > >> >hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.What will i do?Pls. advice me soon. Thank > > > >> >you. > > > >> >Ms. Abbie > > > >> > > > > >> >abbie > > > >> > > > > >> >abbie > > > >> > Click here to highlight the banner ad then press Ctrl+C > > > >> >abbie > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >