RemedySpot.com

Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My chest xray still shows cardiomegaly. I have been on Inspra for

one year. Maybe I should change to Spiro?

Phyllis

On 5/5/2012 11:33 AM, wrote:

I came across this study this morning and thought others

might learn from it. Seems to explain how and why

Spironolactone is being used for essential HTN also.

Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdf

Rapid Reversal of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and

Intracardiac Volume Overload in Patients With Resistant

Hypertension and Hyperaldosteronism

A Prospective Clinical Study

Guest guest

Nice article and I recall that I suggested this study to Dr.Calhoun a few years ago.They do did not test low sodium diet which quickly lowers BP in these patients. Trust they are working on this aspect of the aldo/salt problem.As I noted in last email because the changes are significant at 3 months they must start earlier.The rice-fruit diet can show remarkable reduction within 1 month. See our files on Kempner Rice Fruit diet or the 1944 article.or

On May 5, 2012, at 10:33 AM, wrote: I came across this study this morning and thought others might learn from it. Seems to explain how and why Spironolactone is being used for essential HTN also. Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdf Rapid Reversal of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Intracardiac Volume Overload in Patients With Resistant Hypertension and Hyperaldosteronism A Prospective Clinical Study

1 of 1 File(s)

Kempner NYAcadSci 1946.pdf

Guest guest

What is your BP. and your Na intake. Cardiomegaly on chest film is really big. See the rice diet article which will reverse it in a month if you can do it.CE Grim MDOn May 5, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Phyllis wrote: My chest xray still shows cardiomegaly. I have been on Inspra for one year. Maybe I should change to Spiro? Phyllis On 5/5/2012 11:33 AM, wrote: I came across this study this morning and thought others might learn from it. Seems to explain how and why Spironolactone is being used for essential HTN also. Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdf Rapid Reversal of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Intracardiac Volume Overload in Patients With Resistant Hypertension and Hyperaldosteronism A Prospective Clinical Study

Guest guest

I will try the rice diet

http://forums.ricediet.com/

Phyllis

On 5/5/2012 2:26 PM, Clarence Grim wrote:

What is your BP. and your Na intake. Cardiomegaly on

chest film is really big.

See the rice diet article which will reverse it in a

month if you can do it.

CE Grim MD

On May 5, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Phyllis wrote:

My chest xray still shows cardiomegaly. I have

been on Inspra for one year. Maybe I should

change to Spiro?

Phyllis

On 5/5/2012 11:33 AM, wrote:

I came across this study this morning and

thought others might learn from it. Seems to

explain how and why Spironolactone is being

used for essential HTN also.

Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdf

Rapid Reversal of Left Ventricular

Hypertrophy and Intracardiac Volume Overload

in Patients With Resistant Hypertension and

Hyperaldosteronism

A Prospective Clinical Study

Guest guest

>> g> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim> Sent: 2012-May-05 Saturday 11:49> hyperaldosteronism > Cc: Clarence Grim> Subject: Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For? [1> Attachment]> > > > Nice article and I recall that I suggested this study to Dr.Calhoun a few> years ago.> > > > They do did not test low sodium diet which quickly lowers BP in these> patients. Trust they are working on this aspect of the aldo/salt problem.> > > > As I noted in last email because the changes are significant at 3 months> they must start earlier.> > > > The rice-fruit diet can show remarkable reduction within 1 month. See our> files on Kempner Rice Fruit diet or the 1944 article.> > > > > > > > or>

Guest guest

The a ability to measure cholesterol in 1944 was poor. So would g ignore these. There are some later articles by Dahl I. Which the cholest got better also. Also not many really had high cholest then. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 5, 2012, at 17:01, Study Circle <studycircle@...> wrote:

<image001.png> From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence GrimSent: 2012-May-05 Saturday 11:49hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence GrimSubject: Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For? [1 Attachment] Nice article and I recall that I suggested this study to Dr.Calhoun a few years ago. They do did not test low sodium diet which quickly lowers BP in these patients. Trust they are working on this aspect of the aldo/salt problem. As I noted in last email because the changes are significant at 3 months they must start earlier. The rice-fruit diet can show remarkable reduction within 1 month. See our files on Kempner Rice Fruit diet or the 1944 article. or

Guest guest

Sent too soon. Sorry. But note the longer on the diet the greater the decrease in cholesterol even with those methods. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 5, 2012, at 17:51, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

The a ability to measure cholesterol in 1944 was poor. So would g ignore these. There are some later articles by Dahl I. Which the cholest got better also. Also not many really had high cholest then. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn May 5, 2012, at 17:01, Study Circle <studycircle@...> wrote:

<image001.png> From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence GrimSent: 2012-May-05 Saturday 11:49hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence GrimSubject: Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For? [1 Attachment] Nice article and I recall that I suggested this study to Dr.Calhoun a few years ago. They do did not test low sodium diet which quickly lowers BP in these patients. Trust they are working on this aspect of the aldo/salt problem. As I noted in last email because the changes are significant at 3 months they must start earlier. The rice-fruit diet can show remarkable reduction within 1 month. See our files on Kempner Rice Fruit diet or the 1944 article. or

Guest guest

When attempting the rice diet, do you have to be monitored by a doctor to do this?

Kathy

Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For?

I will try the rice diethttp://forums.ricediet.com/PhyllisOn 5/5/2012 2:26 PM, Clarence Grim wrote:

What is your BP. and your Na intake. Cardiomegaly on chest film is really big.

See the rice diet article which will reverse it in a month if you can do it.

CE Grim MD

On May 5, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Phyllis wrote:

My chest xray still shows cardiomegaly. I have been on Inspra for one year. Maybe I should change to Spiro?PhyllisOn 5/5/2012 11:33 AM, wrote:

I came across this study this morning and thought others might learn from it. Seems to explain how and why Spironolactone is being used for essential HTN also.Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdfRapid Reversal of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Intracardiac Volume Overload in Patients With Resistant Hypertension and Hyperaldosteronism A Prospective Clinical Study

Guest guest

That is recommended at first as the BP can fall quickly with the strict rice-fruit. I recommend doing the 14 day DASH first. If that does not work then do the Rice diet. You can order the book from ricediet.com.CE Grim MDOn May 6, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Kathy Dugan wrote: When attempting the rice diet, do you have to be monitored by a doctor to do this? Kathy Re: Spirolactone - What's It Good For? I will try the rice diethttp://forums.ricediet.com/PhyllisOn 5/5/2012 2:26 PM, Clarence Grim wrote: What is your BP. and your Na intake. Cardiomegaly on chest film is really big. See the rice diet article which will reverse it in a month if you can do it. CE Grim MD On May 5, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Phyllis wrote: My chest xray still shows cardiomegaly. I have been on Inspra for one year. Maybe I should change to Spiro?PhyllisOn 5/5/2012 11:33 AM, wrote: I came across this study this morning and thought others might learn from it. Seems to explain how and why Spironolactone is being used for essential HTN also.Source: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/55/5/1137.full.pdfRapid Reversal of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and Intracardiac Volume Overload in Patients With Resistant Hypertension and Hyperaldosteronism A Prospective Clinical Study