RemedySpot.com

Some comments on spiro and test and a brief history of Aldosterone Stimulating Hormone AKA renin and AII. Maybe more that you wanted to know on Hx of aldo.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mastectomy issues are negated by stopping spiro when breast(s) become enlarged enough to cause worry.Trying to find evidence in men that spiro antagonizes test enough to cause problems with bones etc. Perhaps if testosterone is low and salt intake high? But cannot find any reports documenting problems in those with low testosterone. What we do know is that using diuretics to lower BP decreases the risk of hip fracture-likely related to its effect on increasing CA reabsor when voume goes down with the diuretic.Not sure about the broken bones. High salt intake a bigger risk I would think.As spiro has been out for over 50 years would expect something to have shown up. Do know that is you have bad CHF adding spiro (or eplere) increases longevity rather remarkably. Mostly due to reduction in sudden death. Surmise it is a K problem that is fixed. CHF of course is the classic model of aldo excess but secondary. Indeed aldo was first measured in urine in pts with CHF. Dr. JO at NIH was the one who, through using a dog model of CHF to study what is the cause of the high aldo in CHF and found that it was from the Kidney, then renin and then AII. His bioassay was to perfuse the adrenal in dog who had had pituitary removed with the blood coming from the animal with CHF. He measured aldo coming out of the assay dog's perfused adrenal and found that the CHF dog's blood contained something that increased aldo coming from the assay dog adrenal. Next step was to find out where the aldosterone stimulating hormone was coming from. So using Bulgarian Physiololgy the 1. Removed liver: no effect.2. Removed kidney: ASH gone (aldo fell). So ASH was from Kidney and quickly found that exract of ground up kidney did same etc and it was found to AII from the renin reaction that was the long sought after ASH.When I started in the PA business at Duke we could not measure renin in human blood easily. My first aldo project was to develop a rat bioassay to quantitate renin in human blood. On May 4, 2012, at 8:39 AM, wrote: It's not a production issue, it is a usability issue! When you andgonize something you make it unusable to the body, look it up! BTW, this is NOT a gender issue! If there is a potential for an issue I'm surprised you don't recognize it and advocate proper testing and treatment when available! The cost difference between spiro and epler may be mitigated when you include a mastectomy or two and a few broken bones! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Since I decided to give Cortisol a rest I got bored > > > > and decided I'd see what "extras" Spironolactone might be doing > > for > > > > the ladies, didn't have to look far! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hypoactive sexual desire disorder in premenopausal > > > > women: case studies. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22314119 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you really need less Androgen? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >