S - I don't know anything about the product. I was just suggesting that

any product you wish to use in/on your body should be thoroughly searched -

and PUBMED or MEDSCAPE often have very good information. I don't know

whether chromium p. is good or bad - just suggesting places to go to find

out!

Dusty

Re: Chromium picolinate

The negative information on this one is still scant on either. I'm

curious what you two are finding that is so bad.

-S

> > > Does anyone take Chromium picolinate? I read it is supposed to

> help with losing

> > weight. I

> > > know supplements are important. I have not tried it yet. Does

it

> interfer with thyroid

> > > meds? In the last 2 weeks, I have gained 9#. Not happy :(

> > >

> > > Venizia

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Ok, thanks for passing on the link. It is a nice reference.

-S

> > > > Does anyone take Chromium picolinate? I read it is supposed

to

> > help with losing

> > > weight. I

> > > > know supplements are important. I have not tried it yet.

Does

> it

> > interfer with thyroid

> > > > meds? In the last 2 weeks, I have gained 9#. Not happy :(

> > > >

> > > > Venizia

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

• 1 year later...

CHROMIUM PICOLINATE Insulin resistance is an epidemic condition that dramatically increases risk for type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and stroke, estimated to affect 33% Americans. [2,3] Insulin resistance is present in two serious health problems in women; polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and gestational diabetes. [3]CHROMIUM PICOLINATE BENEFITSChromium is an essential mineral that is needed for insulin activity in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism. A recent study has demonstrated that chromium picolinate may increase the amount of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) - a key enzyme involved in metabolism - in skeletal muscle cells, thus improving energy balance and

insulin function.[2]Studies show that people with type 2 diabetes have lower blood levels of chromium than those without the disease. [3] Consequently, researchers supplied chromium supplementation to patients suffered from types 1 and 2 diabetes. They found improvement in serum glucose. The beneficial effects of chromium on serum glucose and lipids and insulin resistance occur even in the healthy subjects. [5]Recently, FDA issued a favorable response to a qualified health claim petition filed by Nutrition 21, recognizing chromium picolinate as a safe nutritional supplement that may reduce the risk of insulin resistance and possibly type 2 diabetes. [1]DOSE AND SAFETYSupplements containing 200-1,000 mcg chromium as chromium picolinate a day have been found to improve blood glucose control. Chromium picolinate is the most efficacious form of chromium supplementation. Numerous animal studies and human clinical trials have demonstrated that chromium picolinate supplements are safe. [3]However, one should be aware that individual patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus may have an increased risk of hypoglycaemic episodes when taking chromium supplements as self-medication. [4] In addition, chromium supplementation does result in tissue retention in the kidney, although no pathogenic effect has been demonstrated despite considerable study. [5]Analogues of picolinic acid may induce profound alterations in the metabolism of serotonin, dopamine, and norepnephrine in brain. Thus, patients with behavioral disorders should consult with doctors before taking any chromium picolinate supplements. [6]http://www.zhion.com/Supplements/Chromium_Picolinate.html

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

• 1 year later...

I sent this yesterday...but for some reason it didn't go through. Here it is again:Chromium Picolinate is thought to balance the blood sugar along with many other benefits. As stated in the Vanderbilt Medical School information site: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/chromium.htm#What is the Purpose of Chromium Picoli"Chromium picolinate is used in conjunction with weight loss programs. "It's purpose is to control the appetite, preserve lean muscle mass, spare protein, and stimulate metabolism." (Http://www.west.net/-sbarb) "It aims to reduce the cravings for sweets and help the body maintain proper blood sugar levels so the typical energy level ups and downs normally associated with dieting are greatly reduced."

(http://www.mindspring.com/bobatlga/shapedex.html) "Chromium picolinate works to make it easier to burn more calories every minute and to keep excess pounds off forever." (http://users.aol.com/lpvitamins/shapepls.html) "While most dieters who lose a

significant amount of weight lose too much muscle and organ tissue, chromium picolinate can accelerate fat loss while helping to preserve or increase muscle." (http://www.nutrition-warehouse.com/chromium.picolinate.html). I use it because when I do, I notice a huge difference in my cravings for sugar. If I don't take it, I crave sugar all day long. So, with this, it is not for weight loss for me, but for the cravings. I have found that if I take two 400 mcgs in the morning it will last most of the d

>

> From: extraordinarybags <april.white@ roadrunner. com>

> Subject: Re: which procedures?

> @groups. com

> Date: Tuesday, 1 September, 2009, 3:31 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I had the sleeve too. If you really want to know more about that procedure, check out http://www.vertical sleevetalk. com/ and you can find everything you want to know over there.

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> > Hello Everyone!

>

> >

>

> > Which procedure did you guys have? I have a surgery scheduled in 2 weeks for the sleeve. Anyone have it? Just wanting practical answer about what to expect and future. THANKS

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here.

>

>

> From: extraordinarybags <april.white@ roadrunner. com>

> Subject: Re: which procedures?

> @groups. com

> Date: Tuesday, 1 September, 2009, 3:31 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I had the sleeve too. If you really want to know more about that procedure, check out http://www.vertical sleevetalk. com/ and you can find everything you want to know over there.

>

>

>

>

>

> >

>

> > Hello Everyone!

>

> >

>

> > Which procedure did you guys have? I have a surgery scheduled in 2 weeks for the sleeve. Anyone have it? Just wanting practical answer about what to expect and future. THANKS

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here.

>