RemedySpot.com

Inositol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What did your DAN recommend it for? My DAN recommended it for my son for

head-slapping, OCD, and it did nothing for those. I've heard people say that

it helped with their child's comprehension, and speech, but there again, it

did nothing for my son. It works for some children, but not mine.

On 6/26/06, Christiane Kuechler <christianekwilliams@...>

wrote:

>

> Has anybody used Inositol with good results? (And if so, which

> results?)

>

> Our DAN recommended it for our son (4, AS), but I am weary about yet

> another

> supplement.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Christiane

>

>

• 5 months later...

Hi Sandy, I went to Dr. Kolbs website and read the same stuff and was curious about the Inositol. I looked it up and you can buy it as a supplement form...no prescription. Sandy Verticelli <dusty.com@...> wrote: Inositol 1,000 mg(mood stabilizer and according to

Kolb, helps process silicone out of the body) This may be worth looking into Is this perscription only ? I have a doctors appointment I need to know what test to ask for 1.) I will see about my thyroid 2.) My MSH test results 35 to 81 > #24 Sandy~ __________________________________________________

Inositol is a form of vitamin B . . You can buy it OTC. It's been used to help remove silicone for some time. Rogene Sandy Verticelli <dusty.com@...> wrote: Inositol 1,000 mg(mood stabilizer and according to Kolb, helps process silicone out of the body) This may be worth looking into Is this perscription only ? I have a doctors appointment I need to know what test to ask for 1.) I will see about my thyroid 2.) My MSH test results 35 to 81 > #24 Sandy~

Rogene,

Liquid or capsules?

Wouldn't liquid form be better

Sandy~

Inositol is a form of vitamin B . . You can buy it OTC.

It's been used to help remove silicone for some time.

Rogene

I haven't purchased any in a long time and don't know what'savailable. However, I'd try to avoid any that contains silicone dioxide until you're sure you are NOT hypersensitive to silicone dioxide. Rogene Sandy Verticelli <dusty.com@...> wrote: Rogene, Liquid or capsules? Wouldn't liquid form be better Sandy~ Inositol is a form of vitamin B . . You can buy it OTC. It's been used to help remove silicone for some time. Rogene .

Sandy,

YOu can buy inositol at the health food store in powder or pill form. It is part of the B complex, and the B vitamins are also called the stress vitamins, because our bodies need more of them during stressful times.

I have taken inositol and did not notice any great difference. I like the idea that it helps process silicone out of the body...I just wish we had some sort of confirmation of that. In your case, it may help if you still have the capsules in your body, but I do not think that it would replace the need for total capsule removal for your best chance at healing.

Patty

Inositol

Inositol 1,000 mg(mood stabilizer and according to Kolb,

helps process silicone out of the body)

This may be worth looking into

Is this perscription only ?

I have a doctors appointment

I need to know what test to ask for

1.) I will see about my thyroid

2.) My MSH test results

35 to 81 > #24

Sandy~

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Wow, I hope not. I have been taking Inositol for depression due to

stage III BC. My cancer is ER+ and PR+. I hope someone has the

answer to this.

>

> Can anyone tell me if Inositol increases estrogen? I read that it

> regulates estrogen and I'm wondering if that would be the same as

> increasing estrogen at times. I had breast cancer twenty years ago and

> was told to never take estrogen. I have always tried to stay away from

> anything that increased estrogen. I was having good luck with the

> Inositol helping my panic attacks but now I'm afraid to take it. I'm

> talking about plain Inositol, not the IP6 kind.

>

• 5 months later...

Sandy ~

Even tho the contents of your implants were saline,

the implants outside covers were silicone. Silicone

leeches off the outside shells as they degrade.

So, you still need to detox that from your body.

Big Hugs ~ DedeGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Inositol 500 mg two pills 3 times a day. (Helps the body to eliminate silicate) Natural Source; Beans, lentils, nuts, oats, rice, wheat germ, cantaloupe, citrus (except lemon), whole grain http://www.plastikos.com/siliconpt.html You can buy Inositol in powder form for economy, or pill form at any health food store and on the internet. Here's one brand I have used: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1 & pid=513 & at=0 PattySandy <dusty.com@...> wrote: How much inositol should you take daily for removed implants? Is this for

saline implants also, If so where do you purchase this product? Sandy~

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

• 5 months later...

Inositol Like Choline, Inositol may be helpful in lowering an individual's cholesterol levels. However, Inositol has been found to be helpful in other areas as well, including the promotion of healthy hair, the prevention of eczema, and as an aid in the redistribution of body fat. Should you take supplemental doses of inositol? According to some sources, taking supplemental inositol can increase the effectiveness of both choline and Vitamin E.Inositol is part of the vitamin B complex. It promotes healthy brain development and function, and works closely with choline to move fats out of the heart and liver. Inositol and choline combine to produce lecithin, a type of lipid that is needed to form healthy membranes for every living cell in the body. Lecithin helps keep the brain, heart, and liver healthy, and aids in the absorption of thiamin (vitamin B1) and vitamin A. Inositol is also vital for hair growth, and, as a component of lecithin, helps to prevent high cholesterol and the hardening of the arteries caused by cholesterol buildup. It has also been said to have a calming effect on the nervous system, and is being studied as a possible treatment for depression, panic attacks, and even Alzheimer’s disease. How does the body produce its own supply of inositol? Bacteria in the intestines convert the phytic acid found in

plant fibers into inositol, so the body is able to manufacture its own supply of this substance. Inositol is also found in a variety of foods containing myo-inositol, such as cantaloupe, citrus fruits (other than lemons), nuts, oats, rice, beans, chickpeas, liver, pork, veal, whole grains, lecithin granules, and wheat germ. Although the consumption of large amounts of caffeine may cause a shortage of inositol in the body, deficiencies of choline are rare. Nevertheless, heavy coffee drinkers should probably consider taking supplemental inositol. Some symptoms of inositol deficiency are arteriosclerosis, constipation, hair loss, high cholesterol, irritability, mood swings, and skin eruptions. Inositol is available both as a separate supplement containing myo-inositol and choline, and as a component of lecithin supplements. Inositol supplements do not

seem to pose a risk for toxicity. There is no Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for inositol, but most people get about 1,000 milligrams a day from their food and doses as high as 50 grams have no reported side effects. http://www.vitaminstuff.com/inositol.html

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 7 months later...

nope, but I have PCOS, and insitol plays a role in that. Wonder if there could

be a connection with that and my child's asd?

> From: Arias <thinkingheads@...>

> Subject: [ ] Inositol

>

> Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 5:22 PM

> has anyone ever used this to get there child to sleep?

there is a connection. Its called calcium dyregulation. Thats why

getting your child off milk ( a very non bioavailable calcium) and also

giving magnesium, vitamin d and K2 are helpful in treating autistic

behaviours.

Gray wrote:

> polycystic ovarian syndrome. you can read about it at www.pcosupport.org

>

>

>

>>

>>>> From: Arias

>>>>

>> <thinkingheads@...>

>>

>>>> Subject: [ ] Inositol

>>>>

>>>> Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 5:22 PM

>>>> has anyone ever used this to get there child to

>>>>

>> sleep?

>>

>>>

>>

>>

something to do with the pancreas and insulin production. I am not up on the

most recent developments in pcos because I spend my time researching the

spectrum now.

>

> > From: Arias <thinkingheads@...

> <mailto:thinkingheads%40sbcglobal.net> >

> > Subject: [ ] Inositol

> >

> <mailto: %40>

> > Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 5:22 PM

> > has anyone ever used this to get there child to sleep?

>

>

>

>

>

>