Rate this topic

Guest guest

Note: forwarded message attached.

Spiritual freedom is my birthright.

I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mental

prejudices and stereotypes of others.

I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulate

me or deceive me.

I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love.

Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritual

freedom.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

February 21, 2008

Being A Strong Container

Grounding Oursleves

We often hear people telling us to ground ourselves, but we may not be sure what that means, and how we might do it. Grounding ourselves is a way of bringing ourselves literally back to earth. Some of us are more prone than others to essentially leaving our bodies to and not being firmly rooted in our bodies. There’s nothing terribly wrong with this, but while we are living on the earth plane, it is best to stay grounded in our body.

One of the easiest ways to ground ourselves is to bring our attention to our breath as it enters and leaves our bodies. After about ten breaths, we will probably find that we feel much more connected to our physical selves. We might then bring our awareness to the sensations in our bodies, moving from our head down to our feet, exploring and inquiring. Just a few minutes of this can bring us home to bodies and to the earth, and this is what it means to ground ourselves.

We can go further by imagining that we have roots growing out of the bottoms of our feet connecting us to the earth. The roots flow with us so we can we always move, but at the same time, they keep us grounded. We receive powerful energy from the earth, just as we do from the forms of energy we associate with the sky, and our body is a tool that brings these two energies together in a sacred union. When we are grounded, we essentially become a strong container in which our spirits can safely and productively dwell. This is why grounding ourselves everyday, especially at the beginning of the day, is such a beneficial practice. Fortunately, it’s as simple as bringing our conscious awareness to our bodies and the earth on which we walk.

What do you think?

Discuss this article and share your opinion

Want more DailyOM?

Register for your free email,

or browse all articles

Share the OM:

Email this to a friend

Printable version

Save in My DailyOM

Discuss this article

Today's friend of OM:

Have you ever wondered what it takes to find the love of your life? The Manifest Your Soulmate on-line course by Arielle Ford details the nine step process to manifesting the man or woman of your dreams and provides the step by step prayers, rituals, projects and exercises to find your soulmate.

For more information visit DailyOM.com/courses

From the Library:

The Worry Cure

by L. Leahy

More DailyOM:

Browse the Library

Today's Horoscopes

Shop the Marketplace

Join the Community

Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM |

Contact Us

Subscribe | Change Email | User Settings | Unsubscribe |

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info

Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us |

Publish DailyOM On Your Website

© 2004-08 DailyOM - No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission

Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming