RemedySpot.com

Heartburn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/15/34.cfm Pity the poor heart. It takes the blame for all sorts of upsets. Unrequited love leads to heartbreak. A person who is cruel is said to be heartless. And then there's heartburn occur when your stomach releases acid up into your throat—this is called esophageal reflex." The resulting burning sensation and spasm occur next to, but not in, the heart. heartburn. However, rather than going through life shunning potlucks and Thai restaurants in fear of what you might accidentally eat, try using herbs to treat this condition. By the way, if you have not heard already, doctors no longer recommend drinking milk to ease licorice root, chamomile and lemon. You might also take herbs that absorb excess acid: marshmallow, fenugreek seeds. Since the malic and tartaric acids in carrots and apples

also neutralize stomach acid, I like to combine the juices of these vegetables with the herbs to make an extra-tasty tea. Clinical studies have shown that marshmallow, slippery elm, garlic, Saint-'s-wort protect the stomach from its own acid and also reduce inflammation and infection of the lining. I originally stumbled on a formula for chamomile, catnip, slippery elm to prevent colic. Sometime later, when I spoke to Ed on the phone, he said that he loved the tea and that it relieved his belching from a hiatus hernia that had been plaguing him for years. After some confusion, I realized that the label had fallen off, and he had been

drinking the baby's tea! The most interesting part of this story is that Ed recently asked me if I knew any herbs that were good for treating a hiatus hernia. He said it had not bothered him much for many years and he could not remember why it ever got better. I was not surprised that he forgot, since his "baby" is now 16 years old. I recommended the same tea—and it worked just as well the second time around. Heartburn Formula 1 teaspoon each lemon balm leaves and slippery elm bark ¼ teaspoon each catnip leaves 1½ cups boiling water 1½ cups carrot or apple juice (optional) Combine herbs and pour boiling water over them. Steep for at least 15 minutes, then strain out herbs and add juice. Drink 1 cup after each meal.

Stored in the refrigerator, this formula will keep for a few days.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.