RemedySpot.com

Fw: Cats & Dogs for Saturday March 22, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Cats & Dogs for Saturday March 22, 2008

Having trouble seeing this email? View the most recent issue or stories from previous issues.

More from ArcaMax.com!Funnies | Puzzle Games | Quizzes | Unsubscribe

Register For Ad-Free Newsletters

www.ArcaMax.com | ArcaMundo.com | News | Books | Comics | Games | Subscribe | My Account

Cats & Dogs

For JoyceSaturday March 22, 2008 • Cat Breeds - Siamese • The Brain-Washing of the American Public by Pet Food Companies • Free Daily Health and Beauty Tips • Reader Photos

Siamese

The distinctive Siamese have existed for centuries in Thailand (formerly Siam) and is said to be descended from their sacred temple cats. They were originally, like their descendants today, medium...Read more and see reader photosRead about other cat and dog breeds

The Brain-Washing of the American Public by Pet Food Companies By Milner

Sure, Cheerios has all kinds of vitamins and supplements and healthy things in it. But would anyone in their right mind think that eating dry Cheerios for every single meal for their entire lives is a healthy diet? Surely not. But somehow the big pet food companies have convinced the masses that a piece of dry kibble with all kinds of horrific things in it is what you should feed your pet its entire life. Ask yourself this question - does the zoo feed lions "lion chow"? Or elephants "elephant chow"? Or snakes "snake chow"? Certainly not. The bodies of all animals do best on a natural diet. Real food is for mammals. Now back 100 years ago, when people used to eat healthier meals -- with real meats and vegetables -- people would just feed the left-overs to their pets. Also back then the pets most likely supplemented this diet with daily catchings of various other critters (remember this is back when they all used to run loose). I believe that pets were healthier back then. Since then, these big pet food companies have brain-washed the public into thinking that giving your pet "people food" is bad. Excuse me but if you put several piece of your dog's kibble next to some broccoli and chicken - which looks healthier for any mammal? Additionally, you can do an internet search to find out what REALLY goes into those dry kibbles -- search "rendering plant" or "under cover research of rendering plants". You will be horrified at what goes in there! Not only millions of pounds of dead dogs and cats from shelters and vets (which in itself isn't horrible, after all animals eat animals, but it does offend us to think that "Fluffy" is now kibble) but the worst part is the drugs that are used to put them to sleep does not break down in the rendering process, and so goes into the pet foods, along with their collars, flea collars, tags, etc. Also "4D meat" which is meat from dead, downed, diseased and dying animals, declared unfit for humans goes into the rendering plant for dog food. Also rancid supermarket meats goes in, still in the plastic bags and Styrofoam. And don't be fooled, even the expensive pet foods from the vet - they come from major pet-food companies that buy their base stuff from rendering plants too! They simply spray some stuff on the kibble that makes it smell good to the pets so they'll want to eat it. The recent rash of pets dying from grocery store pet food along with the alarming rise in rates of all kinds of pet diseases is obvious evidence that these foods are not the wonderfully healthy diet they would like you to believe it is. Sure, the commercial pet foods are easier and maybe cheaper, but in the long run they cost your pet its health and its life. More expenses at the vet to treat all the skin rashes, allergies and diseases caused by these pet foods. There is a slew of books out on how to feed your pet a natural diet. Personally, I use kibble that is only made from human-grade quality products and that is guaranteed, but I supplement it heavily with chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes, fish, hamburg, green peppers. I especially use all the vegetables for treats, which is good for those trying to cut down on calories for their pets. My dogs love the vegetables - one of mine eats the sweet potato in her dish before the hamburg! You do have to only use a little kibble when you add natural foods - you don't give the amount of kibble suggested for the size of your dog, and then add to it. Take out an appropriate amount of kibble and add that in natural foods. I cook on Sundays for the entire week. You can get bulk hamburger for a good price, as well as chicken thighs - I generally spend .99 cents a pound on those. When looking at flea preventatives, there is also a natural alternative for this too. Look on ebay for "Flea Free Natural Food Supplement". It is simply a liquid that you add to their drinking water. Works on all blood feeding insects: fleas, ticks, mites, lice, mosquitoes and biting flies. Flea Free has over 200 vitamins, minerals and enzymes, so it not only gets rid of insects, it also is a superb food supplement that makes the pet healthy, while it conditions the fur and skin. It has been documented that scratching stops, hair grows back and fur becomes full and thick after using Flea Free. The basic ingredients of Flea Free are Vinegar, Garlic, Citrus & Herbs. Flea Free is SAFE for all animals. It is easy to use (1 tablespoon of Flea Free to 1 quart of drinking water. It is healthy and it works. You will end up saving money at the vet by going with a more natural diet, and getting rid of fleas the natural way too. Your pet will be healthier and happier. ======== Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=_Milner http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Brain-Washing-of-the-American... Comment on this Story | Printer Friendly | Send Story to a Friend | Top

Free Daily Health and Beauty Tips

Get free daily health and beauty tips from the ArcaMax Women ezine. Learn everything from ways to make your makeup last longer to food you can eat to improve your skin and hair. The Women ezine also includes women's interest news, daily quotes, and advice from Annie's Mailbox. Subscribe to ArcaMax Women instantly. Find out more before subscribing. -- From the ArcaMax editors Comment on this Story | Printer Friendly | Send Story to a Friend | Top

Today's Reader Submitted Photos

Click an image above to see full size and read caption.

To see more of our subscriber photos visit our full Photo Gallery.Enter your Cats & Dogs pictures so you can show them off to other readers right here in this ezine and on the ArcaMax.com Web site. Click here to submit your photo. Sincerely, ArcaMax Editors

Recent Stories Dog Breeds - Chihuahua My Pet My Friend Dog Breeds - Miniature Schnauzer Summer Pet Care Tips Dog Breeds - Shih Tzu More Archived Stories

More From ArcaMax Publishing

Newsletters: Comics - Knowledge - Lifestyles - News - More

Classic Books: Fiction - Non Fiction - Short Stories - Sci Fi - More

More: Quizzes - Sudoku - Crossword - Weather - Sports - Columns

En Español: Ultimas Noticias - Tiras Comicas - Deportes - Soduko

Ad Free NewsletterArcaMax publications are now available in an "advertising-free" format.Please click here for details.

Quick Clicks

We have the cure for"I hate my job" and... "Mondays Suck!"

GOT INK? SAVE Up To 90% on Ink Cartridges 3 for 1 Pricing: Read more

World Wide Data Entry Workers Needed - Work At Home. Details here

Free Satellite TV On Your PC. No Monthly, No Hardware!

RegistrySmart: 1-Click PC error diagnostics & repair. Try it free.

New Type-At-Home program: Start earning in 30 minutes - Anyone can

Why pay $90 a month for Cable or Sat.TV services? Download A TV!

Make sure this email gets to your inbox (and not your junk folder): just add ezines@... to your e-mail address book or safe list. Thank you!

ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. 729 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Suite 1-B Newport News, VA 23606 Fax: (757) 596-9731

ArcaMax Publishing is a leading publisher of family-friendly newsletters, featuring popular comics, games, feature columns and books by email. Thank you for reading the "Cats & Dogs" newsletter from the following email address: bjoyful@.... Please feel free to forward this email on to your friends! Advertise in ArcaMax NewslettersFamily-friendly consumer content to 4.4 million subscribersClick to learn more.

Advertiser's Directory

FAQ / Help

Contact the Editor

Contact information for recent advertisers.Consumer Online Buying Guide: FTC Tips for shopping online

Answers to our most frequently asked questions.Contact Customer Service

Have a question or comment about an article you read in one of our ezines?

ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. and its licensors.All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.