RemedySpot.com

Side effects of eplerenone???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello group,I am on eplerenone for 18 months now. Recently I started to be very prone to diarrhea. During this year I was 2 or 3 times on antibiotics because of that. Usually it disappears after week on antibiotics, until next time.This time it started about a week ago and lasts until now. It started along with a breast pain. My PCP always suggests that it's because of metformin, but I doubt it, since I take metformin for 15+ years already.Dr Grim suggested that it might be side effect of eplerenone.What the people who are on eplerenone think?Diane, I am especially interested in your opinion, since you mentioned that you changed eplerenone to spiro

because of it's side effects. What particularly did you experience?I had some experience with BP medications caused diarrhea. But it seems to me more like infection now, not a simple medication side effect. It lasts too long, it's pretty severe. I have pain, sweating, nausea, sometimes slight fewer. I cannot eat anything, lost 6 pounds for the week and feel very exhausted and fatigued. Many thanks. Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:40 PM Subject: Re: MIR or catScan

I would query the group about diarrhea with eplere.