RemedySpot.com

Re: Renal function and K

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What you want to do is to plot 1/Cr on y axis and date on x axis. I would mark on this plot meds taken along x axis.List all meds you are taking now. Metformin may be a culprit as can CT or MRI contrast agents.Also NSAIDs.CE Grim MDOn Jun 27, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Dear all,I changed the subject line because it worries me very much now. Dianne, I am very interested in how high K influences a kidney function. My last Basic Metabolic showed that my EGFR dropped from 50 in 6 months ago to 43 and my Urea Nitrogen is now 34 (normal 7 -25), creatinine is 1.29 ( normal 0.5 - 0.99), Bun/creatinine ratio is 26.1 ( 6 -22), and my K is 5.1. I will put everything in Excel worksheet and send it to the group and Dr. Grim in a couple of days. In meantime I have an appointment with my endo tomorrow and would like to be prepared a little. What can I do to improve EGFR or at least not to make it worse and worse? Drink more? Drink less? Drink and eat what? What is your EGFR, Dianne? When it becomes dangerously low, with which number? What to do then? Dialyzes? My nephrologist said 43 is satisfactory. Is it definitely? How do you control your consumption of K? What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis.And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3 weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse?Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. From: Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:03 AM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled Phyllis, I could almost have written much of your story myself. My BP was 224/114 and all the BP clinic at Kaiser would do is double-down on my meds, some of which caused my K to tank further. My NP would tell me to "lose 10 pounds" and "relax", and I was spending a fortune on BP pills and Kaiser visits. My medical chart had me listed as a "non-compliant" patient, because I refused medications for borderline "diabetes" and borderline high cholesterol, which was 2 points over there recommendation for diabetics. Why I didn't have a stroke is a mystery to me.I had to diagnose myself, via the Internet. When I demanded the urine aldosterone test my NP actually screamed at me over the phone that I "was a non-compliant patient and now I wanted a test for what?" I didn't know then that I really needed an ARR test, but my Aldosterone test came back with a reading of 300.1 (0 -29 being normal).To me the really sad thing in your letter is that in the article you read, Dr. Saunders was listed as a "revolutionary" doctor. Not to take anything away from him, but his approach to treating HBP should be common to all doctors and not revolutionary at all., hang in there. As you can see you have people in this group who have been in your position. You are young and may have caught your illness early enough to escape some of the damages that can occur with long term, undiagnosed, PA. Dianne 69, bi-lateral adenomas 1.2cm rt, 1cm left 25yr hx of HBP and low K. Previously on 5 BP meds & 80MEQ K with ever increasing BP Diagnosed myself via Internet July 2010 Had to demand tests to confirm PA, from scoffing NP CKD. Kidney function fell after use of contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010. Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol BP avg. 130/70 Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg) and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage kidneys. Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated too. It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross fingers. 38 Aldo 30 (?-28) high Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal CT Scan normal saline suppression 6/27/12

Guest guest

Here is a study that may answer some of your questions:

Comparative effectiveness of incident oral antidiabetic drugs on kidney function

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3306005/pdf/ki2011444a.pdf

> >>

> >>

> >> 

> >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> called me himself about my suppression test.

> >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> too.

> >>>It will be nice to have BP in the " not so

> scary " range. Cross fingers.

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>38

> >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> >>>CT Scan normal

> >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you, , very much. It helped me a lot to understand what probably happened with me. Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:40 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

Here is a study that may answer some of your questions:

Comparative effectiveness of incident oral antidiabetic drugs on kidney function

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3306005/pdf/ki2011444a.pdf

> >>

> >>

> >>Â

> >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> called me himself about my suppression test.

> >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> too.

> >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so

> scary" range. Cross fingers.

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>38

> >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> >>>CT Scan normal

> >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >

>

Guest guest

According to my medical resources two of your drugs are the only ones that decrease your eGFR…marked red below: I am on 120 mEq K.Cl for a long time and have not noticed any effect on my eGFR…while my eGFR dropped sharply after every CT-Scan and NP59 Scintiscan…but then shortly recovered up J Max. 62M How do you control your consumption of K? What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis. And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3 weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse? Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. ,_._,___

Guest guest

Many, many thanks, Dr. Grim.I will do this graph. All medications are the same except accidental double dosage of metformin.I don't take NSAIDs.If I take less metformin now, will it improve creatinine/EGFR? What is the impact of K on renal function? Thank you. Natalia From: Clarence Grim

<lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:39 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

What you want to do is to plot 1/Cr on y axis and date on x axis. I would mark on this plot meds taken along x axis.List all meds you are taking now. Metformin may be a culprit as can CT or MRI contrast agents.Also NSAIDs.CE Grim MDOn Jun 27, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Dear all,I changed the subject line because it worries me very much now.

Dianne, I am very interested in how high K influences a kidney function. My last Basic Metabolic showed that my EGFR dropped from 50 in 6 months ago to 43 and my Urea Nitrogen is now 34 (normal 7 -25), creatinine is 1.29 ( normal 0.5 - 0.99), Bun/creatinine ratio is 26.1 ( 6 -22), and my K is 5.1. I will put everything in Excel worksheet and send it to the group and Dr. Grim in a couple of days. In meantime I have an appointment with my endo tomorrow and would like to be prepared a little. What can I do to improve EGFR or at least not to make it worse and worse? Drink more? Drink less? Drink and eat what? What is your EGFR, Dianne? When it becomes dangerously low, with which number? What to do then? Dialyzes? My nephrologist

said 43 is satisfactory. Is it definitely? How do you control your consumption of K? What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis.And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3

weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse?Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. From: Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:03 AM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled Phyllis, I could almost have written much of your story myself. My BP was 224/114 and all the BP clinic at Kaiser would do is double-down on my meds, some of which caused my K to tank further. My NP would tell me to "lose

10 pounds" and "relax", and I was spending a fortune on BP pills and Kaiser visits. My medical chart had me listed as a "non-compliant" patient, because I refused medications for borderline "diabetes" and borderline high cholesterol, which was 2 points over there recommendation for diabetics. Why I didn't have a stroke is a mystery to me.I had to diagnose myself, via the Internet. When I demanded the urine aldosterone test my NP actually screamed at me over the phone that I "was a non-compliant patient and now I wanted a test for what?" I didn't know then that I really needed an ARR test, but my Aldosterone test came back with a reading of 300.1 (0 -29 being normal).To me the really sad thing in your letter is that in the article you read, Dr. Saunders was listed as a "revolutionary" doctor. Not to take anything away from him, but his approach to treating HBP should be common to all doctors and not

revolutionary at all., hang in there. As you can see you have people in this group who have been in your position. You are young and may have caught your illness early enough to escape some of the damages that can occur with long term, undiagnosed, PA. Dianne 69, bi-lateral adenomas 1.2cm rt, 1cm left 25yr hx of HBP and low K. Previously on 5 BP meds & 80MEQ K with ever increasing BP Diagnosed myself via Internet July 2010 Had to demand tests to confirm PA, from scoffing NP CKD.

Kidney function fell after use of contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010. Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol BP avg. 130/70 Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg) and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage kidneys. Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated too. It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross fingers. 38 Aldo 30 (?-28) high Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal CT Scan normal saline suppression 6/27/12

Guest guest

And metformin too according to 's source. So, all my drugs are bad for renal function! What is worst out of three of them?I don't take and never seriously took potassium supplements. V8 is enough for me and now even tomatoes, no V8. Many thanks, Natalia From: Study Circle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:23 PM Subject: RE: Renal function and K

According to my medical resources two of your drugs are the only ones that decrease your eGFR…marked red below: I am on 120 mEq K.Cl for a long time and have not noticed any effect on my eGFR…while my eGFR dropped sharply after every CT-Scan and NP59 Scintiscan…but then shortly recovered up J Max. 62M How do you control your consumption of K?

What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis. And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3 weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse? Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. ,_._,___

Guest guest

JC I'm still really trying to understand some of it and I've looked at it off and on for years. (My brother has a kidney transplant and then died of ESRD ~13 years later.)

> > >>> > >>> > >> > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!> > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood> > tests.... I am confident this is the end of> > my PA journey. Phew! After saline> > suppression confirms PA he will put me on> > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.> > >>>I am not sure how many patients my> > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and> > called me himself about my suppression test.> > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was> > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated> > too.> > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so> > scary" range. Cross fingers.> > >>>> > >>> > > >>>38> > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high> > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high> > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal> > >>>CT Scan normal> > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12> > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >> >>

Guest guest

And some people genetically just have poor kidneys or sensitive kidneys. I actually was thinking about this today on my 2 hour drive home how Crosby (Crosby, Stills, and Nash....and sometimes Young) has had a liver transplant (maybe kidney too, I can't recall) while Ozzy Osbourne who readily admits to his decadence and drinking even cheap cough syrups and taking anything he could get, and in his bio talks about how he was never sober a day for 20 + years, yet his innards are fine. I had to say innards because I am not so sure Ozzy's that fine - the brain absorbed the blows apparently - but kidneys and liver are okay. Not always fair, but it is what it is.

From: <jclark24p@...>Subject: Re: Renal function and Khyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 6:36 PM

JC I'm still really trying to understand some of it and I've looked at it off and on for years. (My brother has a kidney transplant and then died of ESRD ~13 years later.)

> > >>> > >>> > >> > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!> > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood> > tests.... I am confident this is the end of> > my PA journey. Phew! After saline> > suppression confirms PA he will put me on> > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.> > >>>I am not sure how many patients my> > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and> > called me himself about my suppression test.> > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was> > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated> > too.> > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the

"not so> > scary" range. Cross fingers.> > >>>> > >>> > > >>>38> > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high> > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high> > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal> > >>>CT Scan normal> > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12> > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >> >>

Guest guest

The reason that it appears that eplere decreases renal function is most likely related to the better lowering of BP. Same for Micardis unless one has BILAT RAS. in general the GFR WI IMPROVE after a bit as the renal globules injury improves with the lower pressure and MCB. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 15:23, Study Circle <studycircle@...> wrote:

According to my medical resources two of your drugs are the only ones that decrease your eGFR…marked red below: I am on 120 mEq K.Cl

for a long time and have not noticed any effect on my eGFR…while my eGFR dropped sharply after every CT-Scan and NP59 Scintiscan…but then shortly recovered up J Max. 62M How do you control your consumption of K? What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty

cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis. And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I

accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3 weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse? Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. ,_._,___

Guest guest

K does not impact renal function much but renal function going down can increase K May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 15:28, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Many, many thanks, Dr. Grim.I will do this graph. All medications are the same except accidental double dosage of metformin.I don't take NSAIDs.If I take less metformin now, will it improve creatinine/EGFR? What is the impact of K on renal function? Thank you. Natalia From: Clarence Grim

<lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:39 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

What you want to do is to plot 1/Cr on y axis and date on x axis. I would mark on this plot meds taken along x axis.List all meds you are taking now. Metformin may be a culprit as can CT or MRI contrast agents.Also NSAIDs.CE Grim MDOn Jun 27, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: Dear all,I changed the subject line because it worries me very much now.

Dianne, I am very interested in how high K influences a kidney function. My last Basic Metabolic showed that my EGFR dropped from 50 in 6 months ago to 43 and my Urea Nitrogen is now 34 (normal 7 -25), creatinine is 1.29 ( normal 0.5 - 0.99), Bun/creatinine ratio is 26.1 ( 6 -22), and my K is 5.1. I will put everything in Excel worksheet and send it to the group and Dr. Grim in a couple of days. In meantime I have an appointment with my endo tomorrow and would like to be prepared a little. What can I do to improve EGFR or at least not to make it worse and worse? Drink more? Drink less? Drink and eat what? What is your EGFR, Dianne? When it becomes dangerously low, with which number? What to do then? Dialyzes? My nephrologist

said 43 is satisfactory. Is it definitely? How do you control your consumption of K? What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis.And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3

weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse?Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. From: Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:03 AM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled Phyllis, I could almost have written much of your story myself. My BP was 224/114 and all the BP clinic at Kaiser would do is double-down on my meds, some of which caused my K to tank further. My NP would tell me to "lose

10 pounds" and "relax", and I was spending a fortune on BP pills and Kaiser visits. My medical chart had me listed as a "non-compliant" patient, because I refused medications for borderline "diabetes" and borderline high cholesterol, which was 2 points over there recommendation for diabetics. Why I didn't have a stroke is a mystery to me.I had to diagnose myself, via the Internet. When I demanded the urine aldosterone test my NP actually screamed at me over the phone that I "was a non-compliant patient and now I wanted a test for what?" I didn't know then that I really needed an ARR test, but my Aldosterone test came back with a reading of 300.1 (0 -29 being normal).To me the really sad thing in your letter is that in the article you read, Dr. Saunders was listed as a "revolutionary" doctor. Not to take anything away from him, but his approach to treating HBP should be common to all doctors and not

revolutionary at all., hang in there. As you can see you have people in this group who have been in your position. You are young and may have caught your illness early enough to escape some of the damages that can occur with long term, undiagnosed, PA. Dianne 69, bi-lateral adenomas 1.2cm rt, 1cm left 25yr hx of HBP and low K. Previously on 5 BP meds & 80MEQ K with ever increasing BP Diagnosed myself via Internet July 2010 Had to demand tests to confirm PA, from scoffing NP CKD.

Kidney function fell after use of contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010. Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol BP avg. 130/70 Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg) and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage kidneys.

Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated too. It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross fingers. 38 Aldo 30 (?-28) high Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal CT Scan normal saline suppression 6/27/12

Reply to sender |

Guest guest

My approach would be to taper stop Micardis to see what happens. Have your urine protein Checked as well as an indicator of htn or DM kidney damage. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 15:33, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

And metformin too according to 's source. So, all my drugs are bad for renal function! What is worst out of three of them?I don't take and never seriously took potassium supplements. V8 is enough for me and now even tomatoes, no V8. Many thanks, Natalia From: Study Circle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:23 PM Subject: RE: Renal function and K

According to my medical resources two of your drugs are the only ones that decrease your eGFR…marked red below: I am on 120 mEq K.Cl for a long time and have not noticed any effect on my eGFR…while my eGFR dropped sharply after every CT-Scan and NP59 Scintiscan…but then shortly recovered up J Max. 62M How do you control your consumption of K?

What do you usually eat every day? What should we avoid? You said once that you increase K when you start to have cramps, did you? I swim now about 1 hour every day in a pretty cold water (around 73 degrees) and don't have any cramps. Does it mean that I have to consume less tomatoes and celery? I definitely don't know how to regulate it on a day to day basis. And my renal function scares me a lot, since I don't see why it's getting so much worse. My average BP is 110- 120/ 70- 75. I didn't get any Cat scan during last 10 months. BTW, all doctors recommended to repeat it again in 6 months, but I don't do it. Is it right decision or not? Recently I accidentally overdosed metformin for about 2 -3 weeks. Could it effect EGFR so significantly? Or it might be due to my diabetes getting worse? Thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions, Natalia Kamneva 68 Russian F with 2.5 cm left adrenal adenoma, recently diagnosed with PA; diabetic; on 75 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. ,_._,___

Guest guest

What was cause of brothers renal failure?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 16:36, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

> > >>> > >>> > >> > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!> > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood> > tests.... I am confident this is the end of> > my PA journey. Phew! After saline> > suppression confirms PA he will put me on> > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.> > >>>I am not sure how many patients my> > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and> > called me himself about my suppression test.> > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was> > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated> > too.> > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so> > scary" range. Cross fingers.> > >>>> > >>> > > >>>38> > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high> > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high> > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal> > >>>CT Scan normal> > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12> > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >> >>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(34)

Recent Activity:

New Members

New Files

Visit Your Group

Guest guest

Hi Natalia, I have been catching up on our PA group emails, so just got to yours.Besides sodium, with CKD one is supposed to limit protein, potassium and phosphorus. That's why I say that I perform a juggling act with my K. I am never sure what is too much, but I sure can tell when I get too little. No one has been able to give me a target number for K because PA makes us dump it in the presence of Na. Personally I believe that 1500mg of Na is too much for me. I try and limit mine to 1,000mg, that way if I have misjudged somewhere at least it won't be over 1,500.I am also on a 6 month return visit to the Nephro. My last set of tests were on 3/27/12 and were a little better than the ones before that.Creatinine 1.52 (<1.11)GFR 34 (>60)BUN 26 (10 -

20)Albumin/Creatinine ration ur. qn. - 5.1 (0.0 - 29.9)I also was diagnosed with diabetes at least 10 years ago. However, the highest my A1C has ever been is 6.4. When it was 6.2 my NP wanted me to go on Metaformin and I told her that that was ridiculous and promptly brought it down to 5.7. That is one of the reasons I am listed as "non-compliant" on my medical charts. Now, as I try and work out a diet that keeps my PA from tanking me and my CKD from getting worse and my diabetes from getting worse, I'm frequently at a loss of exactly how to approach it. It's like being between a rock and a hard place. I may not be doing the best that can be done, but I am doing the best that I can do, specially since I've received very few instructions regarding CKD.Are you watching your phosphorus? Frequently the things you should be eating for PA are too high in phosphorus for those of us with CKD. One thing you

should never drink is any kind of soda. That's a phosphorus bomb. When you do eat phosphorus you can somewhat control it by also taking a phosphate binder. Tums are good for that, but I'm not, not, not a medical professional, so check what I'm saying out with your Nephro. Also absolutely no nsaids.My nephro has said that I could live a normal life span with the kidney readings I have. I don't really know if he's just trying to make me feel better, or has decided that a normal lifespan for me might mean I'm a goner by next week, or I could live as long as my father, who died at 92.In any case I'm trying to live the life I have while I have it and stay off dialysis while I'm at it.

Dianne

69, bi-lateral adenomas 1.2cm rt, 1cm left

25yr hx of HBP and low K.

Previously on 5 BP meds & 80MEQ K with

ever increasing BP

Diagnosed myself via Internet July 2010

Had to demand tests to confirm PA, from

scoffing NP

CKD. Kidney function fell after use of

contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010.

Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol

BP avg. 130/70

Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg)

and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage

kidneys.

Very anxious about my saline suppression on

Wednesday!

After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

tests.... I am confident this is the end of

my PA journey. Phew! After saline

suppression confirms PA he will put me on

Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

I am not sure how many patients my

nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

called me himself about my suppression test.

Just got back from vacation and my BP was

195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

too.

It will be nice to have BP in the "not so

scary" range. Cross fingers.

Aldo 30 (?-28) high

Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

CT Scan normal

saline suppression 6/27/12

Guest guest

Never heard of life being fair. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 16:52, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

And some people genetically just have poor kidneys or sensitive kidneys. I actually was thinking about this today on my 2 hour drive home how Crosby (Crosby, Stills, and Nash....and sometimes Young) has had a liver transplant (maybe kidney too, I can't recall) while Ozzy Osbourne who readily admits to his decadence and drinking even cheap cough syrups and taking anything he could get, and in his bio talks about how he was never sober a day for 20 + years, yet his innards are fine. I had to say innards because I am not so sure Ozzy's that fine - the brain absorbed the blows apparently - but kidneys and liver are okay. Not always fair, but it is what it is.

From: <jclark24p@...>Subject: Re: Renal function and Khyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 6:36 PM

> > >>> > >>> > >> > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!> > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood> > tests.... I am confident this is the end of> > my PA journey. Phew! After saline> > suppression confirms PA he will put me on> > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.> > >>>I am not sure how many patients my> > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and> > called me himself about my suppression test.> > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was> > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated> > too.> > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the

"not so> > scary" range. Cross fingers.> > >>>> > >>> > > >>>38> > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high> > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high> > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal> > >>>CT Scan normal> > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12> > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >> >>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(35)

Recent Activity:

Guest guest

That's what, probably, happens to me.Many thanks to everybody, Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:16 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

K does not impact renal function much but renal function going down can increase K May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 15:28, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Kidney function fell after use of contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010. Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol BP avg. 130/70 Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg) and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage kidneys.

Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated too. It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross fingers. 38 Aldo 30 (?-28) high Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal CT Scan normal saline suppression 6/27/12

Reply to sender |

Guest guest

Thank you, Dianne, very much! It's getting more and more difficult to keep the right diet :-) I also noticed that 1,500 mg of Na is too much for me and I try to keep it as low as possible. I don't watch phosphorus and probably I have to. So, no whole grains, everything refined, no nuts, no milk?! :-) I don't know how to keep this kind of diet, honestly! Dairy products,eggs, and fish are my main sources of proteins and I don't eat too much proteins. I never drinks any kind of sodas, not even juices, except V8. Mostly I drink no sodium mineral water mixed with distilled water and herbal tea. I am also on

6 months return to my nephro and 3 months return to my endo. I am visiting him tomorrow. Be Strong ! :-) No, we are not going to go next week!!! Let's try at least until 92! :-) Natalia From: Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:18 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

Hi Natalia, I have been catching up on our PA group emails, so just got to yours.Besides sodium, with CKD one is supposed to limit protein, potassium and phosphorus. That's why I say that I perform a juggling act with my K. I am never sure what is too much, but I sure can tell when I get too little. No one has been able to give me a target number for K because PA makes us dump it in the presence of Na. Personally I believe that 1500mg of Na is too much for me. I try and limit mine to 1,000mg, that way if I have misjudged somewhere at least it won't be over 1,500.I am also on a 6 month return visit to the Nephro. My last set of tests were on 3/27/12 and were a little better than the ones before that.Creatinine 1.52 (<1.11)GFR 34 (>60)BUN 26 (10 -

20)Albumin/Creatinine ration ur. qn. - 5.1 (0.0 - 29.9)I also was diagnosed with diabetes at least 10 years ago. However, the highest my A1C has ever been is 6.4. When it was 6.2 my NP wanted me to go on Metaformin and I told her that that was ridiculous and promptly brought it down to 5.7. That is one of the reasons I am listed as "non-compliant" on my medical charts. Now, as I try and work out a diet that keeps my PA from tanking me and my CKD from getting worse and my diabetes from getting worse, I'm frequently at a loss of exactly how to approach it. It's like being between a rock and a hard place. I may not be doing the best that can be done, but I am doing the best that I can do, specially since I've received very few instructions regarding CKD.Are you watching your phosphorus? Frequently the things you should be eating for PA are too high in phosphorus for those of us with CKD. One thing you

should never drink is any kind of soda. That's a phosphorus bomb. When you do eat phosphorus you can somewhat control it by also taking a phosphate binder. Tums are good for that, but I'm not, not, not a medical professional, so check what I'm saying out with your Nephro. Also absolutely no nsaids.My nephro has said that I could live a normal life span with the kidney readings I have. I don't really know if he's just trying to make me feel better, or has decided that a normal lifespan for me might mean I'm a goner by next week, or I could live as long as my father, who died at 92.In any case I'm trying to live the life I have while I have it and stay off dialysis while I'm at it.

Dianne 69, bi-lateral adenomas 1.2cm rt, 1cm left 25yr hx of HBP and low K. Previously on 5 BP meds & 80MEQ K with

ever increasing BP Diagnosed myself via Internet July 2010 Had to demand tests to confirm PA, from

scoffing NP CKD. Kidney function fell after use of

contrast dye during CT scan 8/2010. Now on 50mg Spiro, 12.5mg Atenolol BP avg. 130/70 Dashing with very low Na (aim for 1,000mg)

and high enough K to keep me in range, but not so high as to further damage

kidneys.

Very anxious about my saline suppression on

Wednesday!

After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

tests.... I am confident this is the end of

my PA journey. Phew! After saline

suppression confirms PA he will put me on

Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

I am not sure how many patients my

nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

called me himself about my suppression test.

Just got back from vacation and my BP was

195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

too.

It will be nice to have BP in the "not so

scary" range. Cross fingers.

Aldo 30 (?-28) high

Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

CT Scan normal

saline suppression 6/27/12

Guest guest

I am tapering off Micardis. I went from 160 mg to 40 mg already and I plan to stop it in a couple of weeks. I will ask tomorrow to check my urine protein. Should it be spot urine or 24 hours urine?So, Dr. Grim, you disregard Metformin as a source of my kidney problems even if I double overdosed it? I still often have diarrhea after that. Does it make any sense to ask for brand like Glukophage or Glumetza or it's the same? Thank you very much, NataliaFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:17 PM Subject: Re: Renal function and K

My approach would be to taper stop Micardis to see what happens. Have your urine protein Checked as well as an indicator of htn or DM kidney damage. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 15:33, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Guest guest

polycystic the first time. Transplant was 13 years old and failing,I understand

transplants usually lasted 10 years. He had a ruptured colon (probably brought

on by anti-rejection meds) and his kidneys couldn't take it.

> > > > >>

> > > > >>

> > > > >>ÂÂ

> > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> > > > called me himself about my suppression test.

> > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> > > > too.

> > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the " not so

> > > > scary " range. Cross fingers.

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>38

> > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > > > >>>CT Scan normal

> > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

> > Messages in this topic (34)

> > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1

> > Visit Your Group

>

Guest guest

Anyone else in failing with PCKD?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 27, 2012, at 18:51, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

polycystic the first time. Transplant was 13 years old and failing,I understand transplants usually lasted 10 years. He had a ruptured colon (probably brought on by anti-rejection meds) and his kidneys couldn't take it.

> > > > >>

> > > > >>

> > > > >>ÂÂ

> > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> > > > called me himself about my suppression test.

> > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> > > > too.

> > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so

> > > > scary" range. Cross fingers.

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>38

> > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > > > >>>CT Scan normal

> > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >>>

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

> > Messages in this topic (34)

> > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1

> > Visit Your Group

>

Guest guest

His oldest daughter also has it.

> > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >>ÃÆ'‚Â

> > > > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > > > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> > > > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> > > > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> > > > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> > > > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> > > > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> > > > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> > > > > > called me himself about my suppression test.

> > > > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> > > > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> > > > > > too.

> > > > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the " not so

> > > > > > scary " range. Cross fingers.

> > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > >>>38

> > > > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > > > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > > > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > > > > > >>>CT Scan normal

> > > > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New

Topic

> > > > Messages in this topic (34)

> > > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1

> > > > Visit Your Group

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

It is an autosomal dominate problem(mostly) as you prob know So all of your his first degree relatives are candidates to have it. CE Grim MDOn Jun 27, 2012, at 9:35 PM, wrote: His oldest daughter also has it. > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >>ÃÆ'‚Â > > > > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! > > > > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood > > > > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of > > > > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline > > > > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on > > > > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. > > > > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my > > > > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and > > > > > > called me himself about my suppression test. > > > > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was > > > > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated > > > > > > too. > > > > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so > > > > > > scary" range. Cross fingers. > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > >>>38 > > > > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high > > > > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high > > > > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal > > > > > > >>>CT Scan normal > > > > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12 > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic > > > > Messages in this topic (34) > > > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1 > > > > Visit Your Group > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

That's been pretty well taken care of, their mother (his ex-wife)is a nurse

prac. and she has hounded all of us over the last 40 years!

> > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > >>ÃÆ'‚Â

> > > > > > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > > > > > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> > > > > > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> > > > > > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> > > > > > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> > > > > > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> > > > > > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> > > > > > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> > > > > > > > called me himself about my suppression test.

> > > > > > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> > > > > > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> > > > > > > > too.

> > > > > > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the " not so

> > > > > > > > scary " range. Cross fingers.

> > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > >>>38

> > > > > > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > > > > > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > > > > > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > > > > > > > >>>CT Scan normal

> > > > > > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post |

> > Start a New Topic

> > > > > > Messages in this topic (34)

> > > > > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1

> > > > > > Visit Your Group

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Isn't this one of the things NIH wants to look into? If your family history is

like mine would be hard to trace this back as many did not have money to spent

on Dr.

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>ÃÆ'‚Â

> > > > > > > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > > > > > > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood

> > > > > > > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of

> > > > > > > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline

> > > > > > > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on

> > > > > > > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it.

> > > > > > > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my

> > > > > > > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and

> > > > > > > > > called me himself about my suppression test.

> > > > > > > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was

> > > > > > > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated

> > > > > > > > > too.

> > > > > > > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the " not so

> > > > > > > > > scary " range. Cross fingers.

> > > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > > >>>38

> > > > > > > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > > > > > > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > > > > > > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > > > > > > > > >>>CT Scan normal

> > > > > > > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12

> > > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > > >>>

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post |

> > > Start a New Topic

> > > > > > > Messages in this topic (34)

> > > > > > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1

> > > > > > > Visit Your Group

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Good. Some get HTN from the cysts. Indeed one of the causes of drug resistant HTN. CE Grim MDOn Jun 28, 2012, at 7:04 AM, wrote: That's been pretty well taken care of, their mother (his ex-wife)is a nurse prac. and she has hounded all of us over the last 40 years! > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >>ÃÆ'‚Â > > > > > > > > >>>Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! > > > > > > > > >>>After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood > > > > > > > > tests.... I am confident this is the end of > > > > > > > > my PA journey. Phew! After saline > > > > > > > > suppression confirms PA he will put me on > > > > > > > > Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. > > > > > > > > >>>I am not sure how many patients my > > > > > > > > nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and > > > > > > > > called me himself about my suppression test. > > > > > > > > >>>Just got back from vacation and my BP was > > > > > > > > 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated > > > > > > > > too. > > > > > > > > >>>It will be nice to have BP in the "not so > > > > > > > > scary" range. Cross fingers. > > > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > >>>38 > > > > > > > > >>>Aldo 30 (?-28) high > > > > > > > > >>>Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high > > > > > > > > >>>renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal > > > > > > > > >>>CT Scan normal > > > > > > > > >>>saline suppression 6/27/12 > > > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > >>> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | > > Start a New Topic > > > > > > Messages in this topic (34) > > > > > > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 5 New Files 1 > > > > > > Visit Your Group > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >