RemedySpot.com

Re: Saline suppression scheduled

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ah another PA with kidney injury from dyes (really contrast materials)?Can you send details?This makes it at least 3 here. CE Grim MDOn Jun 25, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Phyllis wrote: In the ICU when I had the stroke the Intensivist said to me, " You didn't take those meds did you? You are too young for this" I said well no sometimes I didn't take the hctz which made my K+ 1.9 , and I didn't take the Beta blocker that made my HR 33, or the ACI that gave me angioedema. Then he said "your kidneys have taken a hit." I said to him my kidneys were fine until you gave me that contrast dye. He just looked at me and turned around and left. I never saw him again. I have some horror stories about me, this blood pressure and doctors! 45yo AAF 20yr of BP 170/100-220/120. Previous 7 BP pills, hx. htn, chf previous EF 20% now 50%, cardiomyapathy, lvh, cva,- no residual except I can't recall words at times, sarcoidosis current meds Spiro 25mg, Benicar 20mg bid, dashing Phyllis On 6/25/2012 12:48 PM, Dianne strong wrote: Yes, consulting with Dr. Grim and this group has saved my life, and I don't believe I'm exaggerating in the least. I've learned quite a bit from all of you, but in those early days all I knew was that I was in a barely functioning state and a stroke had to be right around the corner. My doctors would have never taken the steps they did without Dr. Grim guiding them. Then I would have stroked-out and they would have said: "tsk, tsk, too bad she didn't take care of herself". Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond to it. I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire trip! I was very bloated too. It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross fingers. 38 Aldo 30 (?-28) high Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal CT Scan normal saline suppression 6/27/12

Guest guest

Make sure you include the exact medications and dosage you were on at the time

of the scan w/contrast. (If the other two are still following this would be

good info from them, also.)

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> >>>> After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident

> >>>> this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression

> >>>> confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond

> >>>> to it.

> >>>> I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c

> >>>> he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test.

> >>>> Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire

> >>>> trip! I was very bloated too.

> >>>> It will be nice to have BP in the " not so scary " range. Cross

> >>>> fingers.

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> 38

> >>>> Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> >>>> Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> >>>> renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> >>>> CT Scan normal

> >>>> saline suppression 6/27/12

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

,I scheduled for MRI without contrast in a couple of weeks. Should I stop metformin or it's only with contrast? Sorry, I forget. Many thanks, Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:52 PM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled

Make sure you include the exact medications and dosage you were on at the time of the scan w/contrast. (If the other two are still following this would be good info from them, also.)

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> >>>> After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident

> >>>> this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression

> >>>> confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond

> >>>> to it.

> >>>> I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c

> >>>> he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test.

> >>>> Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire

> >>>> trip! I was very bloated too.

> >>>> It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross

> >>>> fingers.

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> 38

> >>>> Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> >>>> Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> >>>> renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> >>>> CT Scan normal

> >>>> saline suppression 6/27/12

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Don’t accept MRI with contrast! Contrast damages your kidneys further L MRI only indicates size and description of tissue of body parts…but not the chemistry …that’s why usually MRI department does not care much about what medication you are on. Max. ,I scheduled for MRI without contrast in a couple of weeks. Should I stop metformin or it's only with contrast? Sorry, I forget. Many thanks, Natalia

Guest guest

The info I had was for ct-scan with contrast, I posted the info in files:

" CAUTION when scan with contrst.pdf " When I was scheduled for an MRI they said

the contrast material was different and would not be a problem. If anyone has

any questions there is a number on the info I posted where you can get more

info.

Natalia, since you are not having contrast it should not be an issue anyway.

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday!

> > >>>> After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident

> > >>>> this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression

> > >>>> confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond

> > >>>> to it.

> > >>>> I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c

> > >>>> he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test.

> > >>>> Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire

> > >>>> trip! I was very bloated too.

> > >>>> It will be nice to have BP in the " not so scary " range. Cross

> > >>>> fingers.

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> 38

> > >>>> Aldo 30 (?-28) high

> > >>>> Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high

> > >>>> renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal

> > >>>> CT Scan normal

> > >>>> saline suppression 6/27/12

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Max, do you have info on MRI w/contrast?

>

> Don’t accept MRI with contrast! Contrast damages your kidneys further L

>

>

>

> MRI only indicates size and description of tissue of body parts…but not the

chemistry …that’s why usually MRI department does not care much about what

medication you are on.

>

>

>

> Max.

>

>

>

> ,

>

>

> I scheduled for MRI without contrast in a couple of weeks. Should I stop

metformin or it's only with contrast? Sorry, I forget.

>

>

>

> Many thanks,

>

>

>

> Natalia

>

Guest guest

It is the metformin and contrast that may be a problem.Keep us posted. Tell them you have impaired renal function so they do not give you contrast.CE Grim MDOn Jun 29, 2012, at 5:17 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: ,I scheduled for MRI without contrast in a couple of weeks. Should I stop metformin or it's only with contrast? Sorry, I forget. Many thanks, Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:52 PM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled Make sure you include the exact medications and dosage you were on at the time of the scan w/contrast. (If the other two are still following this would be good info from them, also.) > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! > >>>> After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident > >>>> this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression > >>>> confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond > >>>> to it. > >>>> I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c > >>>> he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. > >>>> Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire > >>>> trip! I was very bloated too. > >>>> It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross > >>>> fingers. > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> 38 > >>>> Aldo 30 (?-28) high > >>>> Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high > >>>> renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal > >>>> CT Scan normal > >>>> saline suppression 6/27/12 > >>>> > >>>> > >>> > >> > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Many, many thanks, Dr. Grim. Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 11:15 PM Subject: Re: Re: Saline suppression scheduled

It is the metformin and contrast that may be a problem.Keep us posted. Tell them you have impaired renal function so they do not give you contrast.CE Grim MDOn Jun 29, 2012, at 5:17 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: ,I scheduled for MRI without contrast in a couple of weeks. Should I stop metformin or it's only with contrast? Sorry, I forget. Many thanks, Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:52 PM Subject: Re: Saline suppression scheduled Make sure you include the exact medications and dosage you were on at the time of the scan w/contrast. (If the other two are still following this would be good info from them, also.) > >>>> >

>>>> > >>>> Very anxious about my saline suppression on Wednesday! > >>>> After CT scans. MRI's. Lots of blood tests.... I am confident > >>>> this is the end of my PA journey. Phew! After saline suppression > >>>> confirms PA he will put me on Spiro and hopefully I will respond > >>>> to it. > >>>> I am not sure how many patients my nephrologist has like me b/c > >>>> he arranged and called me himself about my suppression test. > >>>> Just got back from vacation and my BP was 195/113 the entire > >>>> trip! I was very bloated too. > >>>> It will be nice to have BP in the "not so scary" range. Cross > >>>> fingers. > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> 38 >

>>>> Aldo 30 (?-28) high > >>>> Ratio 78.9 (.9-28.9) high > >>>> renin. 38 (.25-5.89) low normal > >>>> CT Scan normal > >>>> saline suppression 6/27/12 > >>>> > >>>> > >>> > >> > > > > > > > > >