RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Virginia AVS results - someone with good surgery report

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This isn't about me, but someone told me a cool story this week about adrenal surgery. & Virginia you just reminded me of this that happened last week and I thought it'd be good to share it with you all. I have a student who told me that her sister had uncontrolled BP for about 5 years. Nothing worked, med after med after med. This is a student I have had in a few classes and she remembered I had told the class about my experience with HTN and Conn's etc and she encouraged her sis to bring it up with her new doctor. Long story short (I don't know much more than this anyway) she got a good young doc, he was very thorough, listened to her, she had the tests, she had the surgery, and she's fine and very happy now. No problems. I told the student to tell her sis to post her story on here and gave her the web address for the hyperaldo site.

But the student told me her sis had a very good and positive experience - once someone actually did their job right and found the cause of her HTN.

Thank you Virginia!I am located in O' Fallon, MO and work in Clayton, MO both suburbs of St. Louis. I now get all my treatment from Wash U. I was told that Dr. Picus does all of the AVS procedures. I was kind of hoping they would put me out completely. Thank you for sharing your experience.Did you end up having surgery? My endocrinologist is trying to time the AVS so that I could have surgery soon after if I am a candidate. Guess I will find out this fall. > > >> > > Hello group, > > > > > > I just got a call from my endocrinologist. I was told only my right side adrenal gland (the one with the 3 cm adenoma) appears diseased. I asked how to request the AVS report and I had to mail in a form so hopefully I will get results to the group soon (and of course I want Dr Grim to look it over before surgery!). I have learned from this group that if I have true unilateral disease my left side should be pretty much non-functioning and so I made a point to ask about this and was told this appears to be the case. So I am pretty hopeful I am a clear candidate for surgery! I will start the process of scheduling my surgery but fully intend on having our group "experts" (and in Dr Grims case no quotations necessary!) review everything

before going through with it. > > > > > > Thanks for all your support so far. I just wanted to give you an update. If there is anything else I should do before surgery please speak up I will listen!> > > > > > > > > Virginia Wall> > > 31 year old female> > > Current K 3.4> > > DASHing> > > AVS completed June 27, 2012 at BJC Hospital St. Louis, MO> > > Surgery of right adrenal gland pending> > > 3 cm adenoma in right adrenal> > > Diagnosed February 2012> > > Low K & High BP since appx. 2007> > > Possible family history of hyperaldosteronism> > > Meds: K Cl 20 meq 2 tabs tid> > > Prenatal vitamin> > > Breastfeeding; 6 month old with G6PDD> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

It's nice to hear success stories!! This is also the reason I feel we shouldn't be afraid to share our experience in case it can help others. Good job and thanks for sharing. VirginiaSent from my iPhone On Jul 7, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

This isn't about me, but someone told me a cool story this week about adrenal surgery. & Virginia you just reminded me of this that happened last week and I thought it'd be good to share it with you all. I have a student who told me that her sister had uncontrolled BP for about 5 years. Nothing worked, med after med after med. This is a student I have had in a few classes and she remembered I had told the class about my experience with HTN and Conn's etc and she encouraged her sis to bring it up with her new doctor. Long story short (I don't know much more than this anyway) she got a good young doc, he was very thorough, listened to her, she had the tests, she had the surgery, and she's fine and very happy now. No problems. I told the student to tell her sis to post her story on here and gave her the web address for the hyperaldo site.

But the student told me her sis had a very good and positive experience - once someone actually did their job right and found the cause of her HTN.

Thank you Virginia!I am located in O' Fallon, MO and work in Clayton, MO both suburbs of St. Louis. I now get all my treatment from Wash U. I was told that Dr. Picus does all of the AVS procedures. I was kind of hoping they would put me out completely. Thank you for sharing your experience.Did you end up having surgery? My endocrinologist is trying to time the AVS so that I could have surgery soon after if I am a candidate. Guess I will find out this fall. > > >> > > Hello group, > > > > > > I just got a call from my endocrinologist. I was told only my right side adrenal gland (the one with the 3 cm adenoma) appears diseased. I asked how to request the AVS report and I had to mail in a form so hopefully I will get results to the group soon (and of course I want Dr Grim to look it over before surgery!). I have learned from this group that if I have true unilateral disease my left side should be pretty much non-functioning and so I made a point to ask about this and was told this appears to be the case. So I am pretty hopeful I am a clear candidate for surgery! I will start the process of scheduling my surgery but fully intend on having our group "experts" (and in Dr Grims case no quotations necessary!) review everything

before going through with it. > > > > > > Thanks for all your support so far. I just wanted to give you an update. If there is anything else I should do before surgery please speak up I will listen!> > > > > > > > > Virginia Wall> > > 31 year old female> > > Current K 3.4> > > DASHing> > > AVS completed June 27, 2012 at BJC Hospital St. Louis, MO> > > Surgery of right adrenal gland pending> > > 3 cm adenoma in right adrenal> > > Diagnosed February 2012> > > Low K & High BP since appx. 2007> > > Possible family history of hyperaldosteronism> > > Meds: K Cl 20 meq 2 tabs tid> > > Prenatal vitamin> > > Breastfeeding; 6 month old with G6PDD> > >> > > >>