RemedySpot.com

Virginia AVS results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello group, I just got a call from my endocrinologist. I was told only my right side adrenal gland (the one with the 3 cm adenoma) appears diseased. I asked how to request the AVS report and I had to mail in a form so hopefully I will get results to the group soon (and of course I want Dr Grim to look it over before surgery!). I have learned from this group that if I have true unilateral disease my left side should be pretty much non-functioning and so I made a point to ask about this and was told this appears to be the case. So I am pretty hopeful I am a clear candidate for surgery! I will start the process of scheduling my surgery but fully intend on having our group "experts" (and in Dr Grims case no quotations necessary!) review everything before going through with it. Thanks for all your support so far. I just wanted to give you an update. If there is anything else I should do before surgery please speak up I will listen!Virginia Wall31 year old femaleCurrent K 3.4DASHingAVS completed June 27, 2012 at BJC Hospital St. Louis, MOSurgery of right adrenal gland pending3 cm adenoma in right adrenalDiagnosed February 2012Low K & High BP since appx. 2007Possible family history of hyperaldosteronismMeds: K Cl 20 meq 2 tabs tidPrenatal vitaminBreastfeeding; 6 month old with G6PDD