RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Diabetes and Magnesium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Remember the old "Milk of Magnesium", used to clear up constipation? Epsom salts is also magnesium. Soaking in epsom salts helps remove the toxins from the body, and can be absorbed into the body through the skin. helping to replenish magnesium.

I just sent a list for foods high in magnesium.

Love, Joy

[ ] Re: Diabetes and Magnesium

I have tested out as being very low in magnesium! The oral pills didn't seem to help but using CALMS, a combination of calcium and magnesium in powder form, which has to be dissolved in water and drunk, does! Unfortunately, in normal dosage, it also gives me severe diarrhea, so I am working up to the full dose, little by little. I got CALMS thrugh my chiropractor, but it is made by Gillium, who is an old time Scientologist, and who used to own a great health food store in Los Angeles on Fountain Blvd. (He may still have it, I just haven't lived nearby for many years now.)Love, Sherrie>> Blank> Diabetes and Magnesium: The Emerging Role of Oral Magnesium Supplementation > > Jerry L. Nadler, MD - The link between diabetes mellitus and magnesium deficiency is well known. A growing body of evidence suggests that magnesium plays a pivotal role in reducing cardiovascular risks and may be involved in the pathogenesis of diabetes itself. While the benefits of oral magnesium supplementation on glycemic control have yet to be demonstrated in patients, magnesium supplementation has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity. Based on current knowledge, clinicians have good reason to believe that magnesium repletion may play a role in delaying type 2 diabetes onset and potentially in warding off its devastating complications -- cardiovascular disease, retinopathy, and nephropathy. > > Magnesium deficiency creates resistance to insulin, Insulin resistance increases levels of insulin, which may result in a form of diabetes. Additionally, insulin resistance by itself can distrupt intracellular magnesium levels, as PubMed studies explains. > > Magnesium deficiency is a predictor of diabetes; diabetics both need more magnesium and lose more magnesium than most people. In two new studies, in both men and women, those who consumed the most magnesium in their diet were least likely to develop type 2 diabetes, according to a report in the January 2006 issue of the journal Diabetes Care. Until now, very few large studies have directly examined the long-term effects of dietary magnesium on diabetes. Dr. Simin Liu of the Harvard Medical School and School of Public Health in Boston says, "Our studies provided some direct evidence that greater intake of dietary magnesium may have a long-term protective effect on lowering risk," said Liu, who was involved in both studies. See Magnesium and Diabetic Neuropathy, which introduces the concept of administering mega doses of magnesium to heal Diabetic Neuropathy. > > Learn how the prolonged use of Magnesium can prevent chronic complications from diabetes > > Dr. Mansmann "I have had diabetic neuropathy for over 10 years. The most significant symptom is my neuropathic pain of burning feet, called erythromelalgia. With the aid of Mg (magnesium)I can completely suppress the symptom, but if my blood glucose level is acutely elevated, because of a dietary indiscretion, the pain flares in spite of an apparent adequate dose of Mg. It goes away with extra Mg gluconate (Magonate) in an hour or so in either case. Without the Mg it will last for six plus hours, even though the blood glucose level is normal in about two hours." "It is my belief that every one with diabetes should be taking Mg supplementation to the point of one's Maximum Tolerated Dose, which is until one has soft-semi, formed stools. In addition, anyone with neuropathy, without a known cause, must be adequately evaluated for diabetes and especially those with poorly, slowly, healing foot sores of any kind. Since the use of Mg is safe I see no reason that this should not be "the standard of care". Dr. Herbert Mansmann Jr., Director of the Magenesium Research Lab,[xi] who is a diabetic with congenital magnesium deficiency and severe peripheral neuropathy, shares that he was able to reverse the neuropathy and nerve degeneration with a year of using oral magnesium preparations at very high doses. Magnesium and Diabetic Neuropathy > > Is a lack of magnesium related to type 2 Diabetes in Obese Children?>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Excellent

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote:

Remember the old " Milk of Magnesium " , used to clear up constipation? Epsom salts is also magnesium. Soaking in epsom salts helps remove the toxins from the body, and can be absorbed into the body through the skin. helping to replenish magnesium.

I just sent a list for foods high in magnesium.

Love, Joy

[ ] Re: Diabetes and Magnesium

I have tested out as being very low in magnesium! The oral pills didn't seem to help but using CALMS, a combination of calcium and magnesium in powder form, which has to be dissolved in water and

drunk, does! Unfortunately, in normal dosage, it also gives me severe diarrhea, so I am working up to the full dose, little by little. I got CALMS thrugh my chiropractor, but it is made by Gillium, who is an old time Scientologist, and who used to own a

great health food store in Los Angeles on Fountain Blvd. (He may still have it, I just haven't lived nearby for many years now.)Love, Sherrie>> Blank> Diabetes and Magnesium: The Emerging Role of Oral Magnesium Supplementation > > Jerry L. Nadler, MD - The link between diabetes mellitus and magnesium deficiency is well known. A growing body of evidence

suggests that magnesium plays a pivotal role in reducing cardiovascular risks and may be involved in the pathogenesis of diabetes itself. While the benefits of oral magnesium supplementation on glycemic control have yet to be demonstrated in

patients, magnesium supplementation has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity. Based on current knowledge, clinicians have good reason to believe that magnesium repletion may play a role in delaying type 2 diabetes onset and potentially in warding off its

devastating complications -- cardiovascular disease, retinopathy, and nephropathy. > > Magnesium deficiency creates resistance to insulin, Insulin resistance increases levels of insulin, which may result in a form

of diabetes. Additionally, insulin resistance by itself can distrupt intracellular magnesium levels, as PubMed studies explains. > > Magnesium deficiency is a predictor of diabetes; diabetics both

need more magnesium and lose more magnesium than most people. In two new studies, in both men and women, those who consumed the most magnesium in their diet were least likely to develop type 2 diabetes, according to a report in the January 2006 issue of the

journal Diabetes Care. Until now, very few large studies have directly examined the long-term effects of dietary magnesium on diabetes. Dr. Simin Liu of the Harvard Medical School and School of Public Health in Boston says, " Our studies provided some direct

evidence that greater intake of dietary magnesium may have a long-term protective effect on lowering risk, " said Liu, who was involved in both studies. See Magnesium and Diabetic Neuropathy, which introduces the concept of administering mega doses of magnesium to

heal Diabetic Neuropathy. > > Learn how the prolonged use of Magnesium can prevent chronic complications from diabetes > > Dr. Mansmann " I have had diabetic neuropathy for over 10 years.

The most significant symptom is my neuropathic pain of burning feet, called erythromelalgia. With the aid of Mg (magnesium)I can completely suppress the symptom, but if my blood glucose level is acutely elevated, because of a dietary indiscretion, the pain flares

in spite of an apparent adequate dose of Mg. It goes away with extra Mg gluconate (Magonate) in an hour or so in either case. Without the Mg it will last for six plus hours, even though the blood glucose level is normal in about two hours. " " It is my belief that every one

with diabetes should be taking Mg supplementation to the point of one's Maximum Tolerated Dose, which is until one has soft-semi, formed stools. In addition, anyone with neuropathy, without a known cause, must be adequately evaluated for diabetes and especially

those with poorly, slowly, healing foot sores of any kind. Since the use of Mg is safe I see no reason that this should not be " the standard of care " . Dr. Herbert Mansmann Jr., Director of the Magenesium Research Lab,[xi] who is a diabetic with congenital

magnesium deficiency and severe peripheral neuropathy, shares that he was able to reverse the neuropathy and nerve degeneration with a year of using oral magnesium preparations at very high doses. Magnesium and Diabetic Neuropathy

> > Is a lack of magnesium related to type 2 Diabetes in Obese Children?>------------------------------------