RemedySpot.com

Virginia's AVS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello group! I had my AVS done at 8 am this morning. They worked for a few extra minutes on the right side but got it no problem. ACTH was used and the samples are being sent to mayo clinic. I should know by Monday they said. One interesting thing the radiologist told me. I told him how the endocrinologist offered to let me do surgery removing the right adrenal without AVS because it was so obvious on the CT scan that my right adrenal had a 3 cm adenoma that was causing the problem. The radiologist said in his experience it's the small adenomas that secrete excess hormones, not the big ones. He said he would be surprised if that adenoma is even secreting hormones. Thoughts? Obviously I will know about myself specifically soon enough but I was just wondering if this was true. I don't remember seeing any research on size of adenomas and hormone secretion. Virginia Wall31 year old femaleCurrent K 3.2DASHingAVS completed June 27, 2012 at BJC Hospital St. Louis, MO3 cm adenoma in right adrenalDiagnosed February 2012Low K & High BP since appx. 2007Possible family history of hyperaldosteronismMeds: K Cl 20 meq 2 tabs tidPrenatal vitaminBreastfeeding; 5 month old with G6PDD