RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] Re: Diabetes, some foods, more books, and therapies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A heaping tablespoon of minced garlic and a shot of vinegar, normalized my neighbor's diabetes so much, the doctors took him off of the insulin. He now only takes the tablets. He is hoping to eventually get off of them. However, I found out he is still drinking his beet. His wife says it's the only fault he has. She's changing her work schedule, hoping it will slow the beer even more.

Blessings, Joy

[sPAM] [ ] Re: Diabetes, some foods, more books, and therapies

Several days ago, another friend sent me the information on both bitter melon and cinnamon. He also specified that you need real cinnamon, and most commercial ones are actually from the bark of the cassia tree. Monday, I received a gift of money from my cousin and went in to the health food store. I bought both bitter melon and cinnamon, along with cherry fruit extract capsules (gets rid of gout),and 5HTP because of insomnia. My blood sugar has not gone up, although it has not measurable dropped yet. However, I have started getting rid of the excess fluid retention that has been making me miserable for months, I am sleeping better, and my joints are hurting less. I also started taking SAM.e again, because I have been very depressed about my health for some time now.Thanks for the information! It is all helping! Love, Sherrie >> BlankBITTER MELON AS ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT FOR DIABETES > Momordica charantia > Bitter melon, Momordica charantia, has been used in the Orient as a traditional medicine for diabetes, gastrointestinal therapy, cancer and viral infections. In Myanmar (Burma), China and India, it is highly prized for its anti-diabetic activity. Myanmar traditional physicians prescribe bitter melon to diabetic patients. Doctors in India are so confident of bitter melon's positive effect on diabetes, they dispense bitter melon in some of the most modern hospitals. According to Duke of U.S Department of Agriculture, bitter melon has attained favor in China as a monoherbal medicine for diabetes mellitus. Bitter melon has twice the potassium of bananas, and it has been shown to increase the number of beta cells, those which produce insulin, in the pancreas. > > Common names and their associated cultures are: Bitterweed -- Southeastern US; Serasee -- Carribean islands; Bitter melon -- Oriental immigrants to the US; Carillon -- Latin America; Mexicane -- Cajun "traeteur" of Louisiana, USA; Kho Qua -- Vietnam; K'u Kua -- China; ampalayo -- ines; Kukakaya -- India. Also: Balsam Pear, Boston Apple, Bitter Gourd, Bitter Cucumber, Concombre Amer. > > PREPARATION > Bitter melon is available through most Filipino and/or Asian grocery stores, and some farmers markets. Because the plant is seasonal and is difficult to grow in the winter, it is sometimes sold frozen. The appropriate method of administering bitter melon is to make the extract from the fruit, vines, and leaves of the plant and either drink it as a juice, tea or administer it as a retention enema. Some say that drinking the juice or tea will result in the breakdown of the active components by stomach acids, therefore a retention enema would be a more efficient route. more > > Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) available in tincture or capsule form > > > Momordica charantia (Bitter melon): Therapeutic Actions, Clinical Indications, and more > > Diabetic and Other Metabolic Neuropathies Abstracts > > THE INFLUENCE OF MOMORDICA CHARANTIA FRUIT JUICE ON PERIPHERAL NERVE STRUCTURE IN EXPERIMENTAL DIABETES > > Momordica charantia fruit is traditionally used as a vegetable and is known to have hypoglycemic effect in human and experimental diabetes. Blood glucose concentrations were significantly reduced in M charantia treated diabetic animals when compared with untreated diabetic rats (p< 0.05), but were still significantly greater (p< 0.05) than those of age-matched controls. > > Caution: be careful in a case of active diabetes, as serasee (bitter melon) masks the sugar output in the urine. Watch the diabetic's condition some other way. Serasee is primarily a preventive herb. If you have active diabetes or liver trouble, do not use serasee except under close medical supervision. Serasee is believed to work in a holistic manner. It is believed to work best if your food and water are clean and natural, and your heart and mind are pure. If you eat foods with a lot of chemicals it won't work so well. If you are full of toxins, use sparingly at first, as purification reactions may be strong. Mormodica works from the subtlest levels to adjust you toward health, and works best with your total cooperation in the way of diet, attitude, etc. This is why no chemical extracts or synthetics should be made from momordica. A pregnant woman should not use momordica, as it has been used as an ingredient in some abortifacent mixtures. more > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Diabetes: New Therapies n Ellis, M.D. > Diabetes in the USA affects an estimated 14 million people, half of whom do not know they have it. Patients young and old, both male and female, who have diabetes either Type I or Type II require vitamin B6 up to 300 milligrams daily for prevention and treatment of diabetic retinopathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, and coronary heart disease. > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Ofloxacin and diabetes insipidus:mechanism known > Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone. Fluoroquinolones undergo de- fluorination in the human organism producing free fluoride, among other metabolites. Fluoride administration is known to cause polyuric "renal failure" resembling nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. The international literature reports on this numerous times, on occasion dubbing such conditions "fluorine diabetes" Fluoride relase from anesthetic agents such as methoxyflurane have also shown to induce diabetes insipidus-like syndrome. more on the danger of fluoride > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > > Diabetes and Hypoglycemia: Your Natural Guide to Healing with Diet, Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, Exercise, and Other Natural Methods by T. Murray N.D > > "This book provides information that I've looked for, but never found, in other books on Diabetes. It gives a wealth of info on diet, vitamins/minerals, and general nutrition for diabetics. All references are footnoted, and most advice is accompanied with detailed medical explanations. Other books on diabetes seem to give a lot of advice, without explaining how the conclusions were reached, or what pertinent research was done. Not so with this book! It has been a BIG help in finding very important information, and being a great general guide to subjects that are critical to diabetic well-being!" An amazon reviewer > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Killer Fats > Many studies have demonstrated a very close association between consumption of unsaturated oils and the incidence of cancer. > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE > Jerusalem artichoke is a primary therapy in the Cayce approach to diabetes. The readings state that the Jerusalem artichoke can be used to decrease or eliminate the need for medicinal insulin. > More on Edgar Cayce > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Need support? Motivation? Feedback? > Join Natural Health for Diabetes Discussion group Learn about the success that others have experienced with holistic cures, exchange ideas, give or receive motivation and advice. Anyone can join for support and friendship. It's easy and its free! > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Cinnamon Helps Stop Diabetes > by Mike Hodge. > American scientists have claimed that a teaspoon of cinnamon a day may help prevent the onset of diabetes. The common spice could help millions of sufferers of Type II, non-insulin dependent, diabetes. This condition usually develops in middle-age and prematurely kills 100 million people around the world every year. Type II diabetes causes cells to lose their ability to respond to insulin, a hormone that tells the body to remove excess glucose in the bloodstream. If glucose builds up in the blood, tiredness, weight-loss and blurred vision are some of the resulting symptoms. In extreme cases this can lead to blindness, heart disease and premature death. Data from the Agricultural Research Unit in land was first published in the New Scientist in August 2000. The researchers found that cinnamon rekindled the ability of fat cells in diabetics to respond to insulin and greatly increased glucose removal. It is believed that a substance in cinnamon called MHCP is the main reason for its beneficial results. more > > Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day significantly reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics, a new study has found. The effect, which can be produced even by soaking a cinnamon stick your tea, could also benefit millions of non-diabetics who have blood sugar problem but are unaware of it. The discovery was initially made by accident, by at the US Department of Agriculture's Human Nutrition Research Center in Beltsville, land. more from NewScientist.com news service > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Prickly Pear Cactus Medicine: Treatments for Diabetes, Cholesterol, and the Immune System by Ran Knishinsky > The prickly pear cactus--a plant that has the distinction of being a vegetable, fruit, and flower all in one--is destined to be the next big herbal superstar, following in the footsteps of St. 's wort and Echinacea, according to author Ran Knishinsky, One of the driving forces behind its popularity is that each part of this plant functions as both food and medicine. It has been a staple in the diets of the people of the southwestern portion of the United States and those of Central and South America for hundreds of years and is also featured prominently in the legends of the Aztec and Mayans. Traditionally, the prickly pear cactus has been used as a panacea for over 100 different ailments. More recently, it was recognized by the International Diabetes Center as one of five herbals with the greatest promise for the alternative treatment of diabetes and has been the subject of blood cholesterol research trials sponsored by the American Heart Association. In addition to the results of this research, Knishinsky includes scientific studies on the antiviral properties of the cactus to treat herpes, influenza, and HIV, as well as its use in treating obesity, gastrointestinal disorders, and skin ailments. A resource section details the natural food companies that supply prickly pear cactus and a chapter of recipes offers 24 traditional and modern dishes using the pads and fruit of the cactus. > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------> > Here is what Shape4Life CarbBLX has done for Mike Warren's diabetes: "I started taking the product on January 20th. By the next morning, January 21st my sugar dropped 56 points from 164 to 108. For those who may not know, the excellent range for a before breakfast blood sugar reading in the morning is between 80 and 120. Here are the readings from that date to today, March 3rd...starting with January 22nd: (I missed taking my readings a few days along the way, but here are most of them...also you'll note a couple of times my readings jumped up a bit...probably a result of eating out, but still remained in the excellent range.) OK, here are the readings: 108, 94, 104, 102, 117, 109, 96, 110, 92, 98, 93, 97, 85, 109, 115, 121, 105, 91, 86, 101, 84, 103, 94, 87, 91, 107, 97, 103, 89, 94, 102. That comes out to an average daily reading of 99.48. Remember, between 80 and 120 is considered excellent." Mike Warren > Syndrome X: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Insulin Resistance>------------------------------------