RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Mega-C for kitty arthritis, etc. ^ . . ^

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks andra, Naturally I try to call on Wed and they're closed! But I am on it. I would like to see my old lady kitty relieved of her limp.beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: Edy,Sure. You can contact Dr. Belfield's busines which is Orthomolecular Specialties and order the 8 oz bottle (powder) of Mega-C.. The phone number is 1-877-692-0236. Purrs,andra ^ . . ^= => > > > > Here's more info:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > > >> > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> > in> > > > > phosphorous> > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > > disorders. Please see> > > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > > >> > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is

dangerous:> > > > >> > > > > Here's a web article about> > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > > >> > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The> > human> > variety> > > of> > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> > who> > regularly> > > eat> > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> > neurological symptoms> > like> > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this

vitamin> > is not replaced.> > > The> > > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > > >> > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> > domestic cats do> > > enjoy> > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > >

Guest guest

Also interestingly enough I live in Santa Cruz about 45 mins from San .beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: Edy,Sure. You can contact Dr. Belfield's busines which is Orthomolecular Specialties and order the 8 oz bottle (powder) of Mega-C.. The phone number is 1-877-692-0236. Purrs,andra ^ . . ^= => > >

> > Here's more info:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > > >> > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> > in> > > > > phosphorous> > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > > disorders. Please see> > > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > > >> > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > > >> > > > > Here's a web article about> > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet

can confirm this> > > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > > >> > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The> > human> > variety> > > of> > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> > who> > regularly> > > eat> > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> > neurological symptoms> > like> > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> > is not replaced.> > > The> > > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > >

>> > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> > domestic cats do> > > enjoy> > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > >

Guest guest

I have MCS very badly and don't venture out of my house much. I actually live in Davenport and between the coal burning cement plant and the amount of mold spores here I'm reduced to allergies that are unbelievable. I'm down to about 3 foods now and am going to the Environmental Center in Dallas in 2 weeks to see if they can help me. I've been to dozens of docs. Has anyone on this list had success with MCS and/or extreme sensitivities? Also my immune system is in the toilet and attacks everything with histamines. I'm anorexic now and weak as a kitten from not being able to eat. Any comments or suggestions? I've been toying with starting MMS, but until I detox I don't think I should be killing off any more critters. Does MMS detox?beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: It's pretty easy to have them deliver it and having lived in Aptos, I know what a hassle it can being "going over the hill" unless you're going to that unbelievable shopping mall in San (tee hee hee) Are you a single woman living in Santa Cruz? Funny I had a dream last night I bought a house there (as a single woman) and was fixing it up and realized how isolated I was from everything and wanted to move.> > > > > > Here's more info:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > > > >> > > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> > > in> > > > > > phosphorous> > > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > > > disorders. Please see> > > > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > > > >> > > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > > > >> > > > > > Here's a web article about> > > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > > > >> > > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The> > > human> > > variety> > > > of> > > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> > > who> >

> regularly> > > > eat> > > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> > > neurological symptoms> > > like> > > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> > > is not replaced.> > > > The> > > > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > > > >> > > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> > > domestic cats do> > > > enjoy> > > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

------------------------------------> > > > > >

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Edy

This may be a "long shot" but here goes: Is it possible that as your problem persisted your cellular magnesium levels have been low and so promoting some calcification of your cells? When I began putting magnesium chloride on my skin my energies picked up a lot, and it seemed that my cells may have then got into a detoxing mode. A period of a few weeks with magnesium chloride applied regularly might help you. It is very likely that this magnesium chloride only benefits people who have low magnesium levels - but this suggests that most might benefit. Try a search using "Magnesium Oil" and/or "magnesium chloride".

Phil

Re: [ ] Re: Mega-C for kitty arthritis, etc. ^ . . ^

I have MCS very badly and don't venture out of my house much. I actually live in Davenport and between the coal burning cement plant and the amount of mold spores here I'm reduced to allergies that are unbelievable. I'm down to about 3 foods now and am going to the Environmental Center in Dallas in 2 weeks to see if they can help me. I've been to dozens of docs.

Guest guest

Thank you so much for that post, . The docs and allergists I have been to all are very lyme literate and I've been very, very ill for over 30 years, but the MCS didn't get started until about 4 years ago when I was heavily exposed to mold and spores in FL for a few months, then came home and had a remodel done on a bathroom that was done incorrectly and released TONS of spores into my home. I've had airflow tests done and the amount is staggering. That's actually when things started. Up to that point I'd never had an allergy in my life. Started slowly, then just started speeding up down the slippery slope. I don't know what the center can do, but I'm out of options except to move and hope to improve. Since I'm so reactive to everything now I can't take any of the suggestions helpful rememdies, even homeopathic throws my immune system into a tizzy. I'm not sure is I mentioned this or

not, but I'm null on a couple of genes that are the ones that send out the detox messages so when I thought I was killing lyme and cos, which I was, I was also accumulating micotoxins, neurotoxins and all the toxins I guess. I tried cholestyramine, but couldn't tolerate it. I know I have to move, but I've been in this house and place for decades and am on SSI so don't have much money to work with. My poor mother is going through her retirement money to try and get me better. I, too, wear a mask everytime I go out and feel I should wear it in the house as well, but even the silk that it's made out of irritates my skin. I breath oxygen from an oxygen concetrator a couple hours a day, lie on a chi machine as per Cowden's suggestion, use a photon genie and used a home hyperbaric chamber for almost a year daily. I think that also exacerbated these problems as I was killing lyme and yeast without detoxing the

toxins. Oh and I have a sauna and use it as much as I can, which isn't more that a couple of times a week. It makes me very weak. I was wondering. I used to have a life now and again before I had some surgery and food poisoning about 8 years ago. I don't know why this would happen, but it crashed me so badly that I've been almost bedbound since. Tho I did have years at a time that fatigue did that. But.....I never had these allergies for all those years. Or the severe stomach problems. Has this happened to any of you following surgery or a food poisoning incident? Sorry this is so long and thanks, Edycahydesmond <cahydesmond@...> wrote: ---I too have MCS badly but recently I have been starting to have some relief. NAET or Bioset helped me with food. But environmentally it has been a disaster. I was wearing masks but the allergies were causing asthma and then when I put on the masks I feel that I am suffocating. It has been so hard. Even in my own house I have not been able to handle it hardly even with air purifiers, etc. From what I have learned from studying and talking to health practitioners MCS is very much an adrenal problem and a liver problem. So I have increased my adrenal supplements. I continue to do the liver cleansing herbs ( milk thistle is the next one I am going to try) But what has given me the most relief and some

healing is ozone therapy. I have been doing ozone insuflations which is putting ozone in your ears. That kills the pathogens in your sinus, head, etc area where the respiratory symptoms are for me. The ozone eventually travels to the rest of your body and does the same thing. I know that mold allergies are mostly due to fungus/molds which I have a real problem with as well. Just doing oxygen also helped. As soon as I get an oxygen concentrater I hope to increase my ozone therapy to the liver as well and that also helps the MCS. For me the cause of all my allergies and health problems is Lyme. I have been sick for close to 4 decades with tons of allergies but did not know that I had Lyme till 2 years ago. It is quite common for people to have some type of pathogen infection that causes them to be run down and to be very susceptible to allergies. People with Lyme often have MCS.Have you checked yourself for any type of

infections? There is also a group on the internet MCS group that you could check as well. They might be able to give you some ideas as well. Years ago my children and I went to one of these centers but we did not get a lot of answers. Hopefully, by now they know more and you will be able to get help. You need relief from the allergies but you need to find out what is causing them. I am so sorry that you are going through this.I totally understand. Let me know if there is any other way I can help. We are a generation that is quite deficient in magnesium and if we have any type of infection like Lyme they will use it up in your body. So the magnesium idea sounds good to me. I wear an air purifier around my neck- the kind people sometimes wear in air planes and that helps some too. A good accupunturist might be able to tell you if your thymus is working well or not that also could affect your allergies. I

never got much help from traditional doctors. I have to go out fo the box. There are some allergist that are really good and go beyond treating the allergies- they treat your immune system. Perhaps that is what you will get in Texas. Do not be overwhelmed. You will find answers. There are a lot of them out there- and just the right ones for you. Have you checked MCS on the internet? Let us know how you did. Take carecathy In , "Phil and Carol Conway" <philcar@...> wrote:>> Hi Edy> > This may be a "long shot" but here goes: Is it possible that as your problem persisted your cellular magnesium levels have been low and so promoting some calcification of your cells? When I began putting magnesium chloride on my skin my energies picked up a lot, and it seemed

that my cells may have then got into a detoxing mode. A period of a few weeks with magnesium chloride applied regularly might help you. It is very likely that this magnesium chloride only benefits people who have low magnesium levels - but this suggests that most might benefit. Try a search using "Magnesium Oil" and/or "magnesium chloride".> Phil> > Re: [ ] Re: Mega-C for kitty arthritis, etc. ^ . . ^> > > I have MCS very badly and don't venture out of my house much. I actually live in Davenport and between the coal burning cement plant and the amount of mold spores here I'm reduced to allergies that are

unbelievable. I'm down to about 3 foods now and am going to the Environmental Center in Dallas in 2 weeks to see if they can help me. I've been to dozens of docs.>

Guest guest

Any major life event like surgery, childbirth, or even times of great stress can trigger things in your body to become active. My lyme symptoms became active after the birth of my first child and a surgery 9 months later. I developed severe insomnia, neck pain, adrenal problems, anxiety and depression. I did not connect the dots until I looked back on it years later.

On the sauna thing, you may become weak from the sauna because it depletes electrolytes. You need to replace those after you sauna. You may be low in electrolytes anyway and the sauna is exacerbating this causing additional weakness. Just a suggestion.

-- Re: [ ] Re: Mega-C for kitty arthritis, etc. ^ . . ^

Thank you so much for that post, . The docs and allergists I have been to all are very lyme literate and I've been very, very ill for over 30 years, but the MCS didn't get started until about 4 years ago when I was heavily exposed to mold and spores in FL for a few months, then came home and had a remodel done on a bathroom that was done incorrectly and released TONS of spores into my home. I've had airflow tests done and the amount is staggering. That's actually when things started. Up to that point I'd never had an allergy in my life. Started slowly, then just started speeding up down the slippery slope.

I don't know what the center can do, but I'm out of options except to move and hope to improve. Since I'm so reactive to everything now I can't take any of the suggestions helpful rememdies, even homeopathic throws my immune system into a tizzy. I'm not sure is I mentioned this or not, but I'm null on a couple of genes that are the ones that send out the detox messages so when I thought I was killing lyme and cos, which I was, I was also accumulating micotoxins, neurotoxins and all the toxins I guess. I tried cholestyramine, but couldn't tolerate it. I know I have to move, but I've been in this house and place for decades and am on SSI so don't have much money to work with. My poor mother is going through her retirement money to try and get me better.

I, too, wear a mask everytime I go out and feel I should wear it in the house as well, but even the silk that it's made out of irritates my skin. I breath oxygen from an oxygen concetrator a couple hours a day, lie on a chi machine as per Cowden's suggestion, use a photon genie and used a home hyperbaric chamber for almost a year daily. I think that also exacerbated these problems as I was killing lyme and yeast without detoxing the toxins. Oh and I have a sauna and use it as much as I can, which isn't more that a couple of times a week. It makes me very weak.

I was wondering. I used to have a life now and again before I had some surgery and food poisoning about 8 years ago. I don't know why this would happen, but it crashed me so badly that I've been almost bedbound since. Tho I did have years at a time that fatigue did that. But.....I never had these allergies for all those years. Or the severe stomach problems. Has this happened to any of you following surgery or a food poisoning incident?

Sorry this is so long and thanks, Edycahydesmond <cahydesmond@...> wrote:

---I too have MCS badly but recently I have been starting to have some relief. NAET or Bioset helped me with food. But environmentally it has been a disaster. I was wearing masks but the allergies were causing asthma and then when I put on the masks I feel that I am suffocating. It has been so hard. Even in my own house I have not been able to handle it hardly even with air purifiers, etc. From what I have learned from studying and talking to health practitioners MCS is very much an adrenal problem and a liver problem. So I have increased my adrenal supplements. I continue to do the liver cleansing herbs ( milk thistle is the next one I am going to try) But what has given me the most relief and some healing is ozone therapy. I have been doing ozone insuflations which is putting ozone in your ears. That kills the pathogens in your sinus, head, etc area where the respiratory symptoms are for me. The ozone eventually travels to the rest of your body and does the same thing. I know that mold allergies are mostly due to fungus/molds which I have a real problem with as well. Just doing oxygen also helped. As soon as I get an oxygen concentrater I hope to increase my ozone therapy to the liver as well and that also helps the MCS. For me the cause of all my allergies and health problems is Lyme. I have been sick for close to 4 decades with tons of allergies but did not know that I had Lyme till 2 years ago. It is quite common for people to have some type of pathogen infection that causes them to be run down and to be very susceptible to allergies. People with Lyme often have MCS.Have you checked yourself for any type of infections? There is also a group on the internet MCS group that you could check as well. They might be able to give you some ideas as well. Years ago my children and I went to one of these centers but we did not get a lot of answers. Hopefully, by now they know more and you will be able to get help. You need relief from the allergies but you need to find out what is causing them. I am so sorry that you are going through this.I totally understand. Let me know if there is any other way I can help. We are a generation that is quite deficient in magnesium and if we have any type of infection like Lyme they will use it up in your body. So the magnesium idea sounds good to me. I wear an air purifier around my neck- the kind people sometimes wear in air planes and that helps some too. A good accupunturist might be able to tell you if your thymus is working well or not that also could affect your allergies. I never got much help from traditional doctors. I have to go out fo the box. There are some allergist that are really good and go beyond treating the allergies- they treat your immune system. Perhaps that is what you will get in Texas. Do not be overwhelmed. You will find answers. There are a lot of them out there- and just the right ones for you. Have you checked MCS on the internet? Let us know how you did. Take carecathy In , "Phil and Carol Conway" <philcar@...> wrote:>> Hi Edy> > This may be a "long shot" but here goes: Is it possible that as your problem persisted your cellular magnesium levels have been low and so promoting some calcification of your cells? When I began putting magnesium chloride on my skin my energies picked up a lot, and it seemed that my cells may have then got into a detoxing mode. A period of a few weeks with magnesium chloride applied regularly might help you. It is very likely that this magnesium chloride only benefits people who have low magnesium levels - but this suggests that most might benefit. Try a search using "Magnesium Oil" and/or "magnesium chloride".> Phil> > Re: [ ] Re: Mega-C for kitty arthritis, etc. ^ . . ^> > > I have MCS very badly and don't venture out of my house much. I actually live in Davenport and between the coal burning cement plant and the amount of mold spores here I'm reduced to allergies that are unbelievable. I'm down to about 3 foods now and am going to the Environmental Center in Dallas in 2 weeks to see if they can help me. I've been to dozens of docs.>