RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: more cat stuff ^ . . ^

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi. Why would your vet say not to give the supplement to older cats? I would think extra C would be good for them at any age, but maybe it's something else in there?

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

Dr. Belfield of Orthomolecular Specialties creates his own formulas

and he believes this one supplement he created after many years in vet practice (he's been

retired for awhile) really prevents FELV. It's called Mega-C and my vet says not to use it for

a 19 yr old kittie but for cats who are very young or at least who aren't senior it would be

beneficial. I used it for my cat who is now 19 when he was 8-12 yrs old. It actually

stopped his arthritis in 2 wks!!!! It's such a great supplement.

Guest guest

Could you possible post a list of the ingredients in the mega c plus product? I was not able to find this information on their website. For some reason they do not list it. My dog has many allergies and before I order I need to know what's in it.

Thanks,

-- [ ] Re: more cat stuff ^ . . ^

Sounds like your babies are in very good hands.

The Feline leukemia has it's risk too, and I understand why you would do that after losing

a loved one. I think I read somewhere that even the vaccine doesn't guarantee that a cat

won't contract the disease. I don't think they really know if it works and there are so many

different strains, etc. Dr. Belfield of Orthomolecular Specialties creates his own formulas

and he believes this one supplement he created after many years in vet practice (he's been

retired for awhile) really prevents FELV. It's called Mega-C and my vet says not to use it for

a 19 yr old kittie but for cats who are very young or at least who aren't senior it would be

beneficial. I used it for my cat who is now 19 when he was 8-12 yrs old. It actually

stopped his arthritis in 2 wks!!!! It's such a great supplement.

Anyway, best wishes to a fellow cat lover.

> > > Here's more info:

> > >

> > >

> > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna

> > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.

> > >

> > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high in

> > > phosphorous

> > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary

> > > disorders. Please see

> > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...

> > >

> > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:

> > >

> > > Here's a web article about

> > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this

> > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...

> > >

> > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!

> > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The human

variety

> of

> > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats who

regularly

> eat

> > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in neurological symptoms

> > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin is not replaced.

> The

> > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.

> > >

> > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most domestic cats do

> enjoy

> > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.

> > >

> >

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

The formula sounds like something humans should take. beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: ,I noticed they just put up a new website. This may be why they haven't listed the ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with them about their products as well or write to Dr. Belfield. In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in Mega C. I think it's amazing for arthritis. My cat had this

arthritic twitch in his head and neck which really scared me. That was back in 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within 2-3 weeks it stopped.Here are the ingredients:Each teaspoon supplies: B-1Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2plus the following B-6Sodium B-12potassium Acalcium Dmagnesium Ephosphorus Niacinamidezinc Panothenic Acidcopper Folic Acidiodine Biotinselenium InositolmanganeseI buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the powder, which you put in your cat's food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food mixture) according to their weight which is listed clearly on the bottle.Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis is very difficult. I was thrilled to know there was such a natural solution that pretty much cured him of the problem/inbalance.andra ^ . . ^= => > > > Here's more info:> > > >> > > >> > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > >> >

> > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> in> > > > phosphorous> > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > disorders. Please see> > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > >> > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > >> > > > Here's a web article about> > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > >> > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to

them...The> human> variety> > of> > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> who> regularly> > eat> > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> neurological symptoms> like> > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> is not replaced.> > The> > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > >> > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> domestic cats do> > enjoy> > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Links> Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation? More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain Make $$$$s! www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

Guest guest

andra,

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug you about this, but is there an actual list of the ingredients that supply these nutrients? My dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see the actual list of ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides.

Sorry to be such a pain about this! :)

beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote:

,I noticed they just put up a new website. This may be why they haven't listed the ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with them about their products as well or write to Dr. Belfield. In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in Mega C. I think it's amazing for arthritis. My cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck which really scared me. That was back in 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within 2-3 weeks it stopped.Here are the ingredients:Each teaspoon supplies: B-1Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2plus the following B-6Sodium B-12potassium Acalcium Dmagnesium Ephosphorus Niacinamidezinc Panothenic Acidcopper Folic Acidiodine Biotinselenium InositolmanganeseI buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the powder, which you put in your cat's food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food mixture) according to their weight which is listed clearly on the bottle.Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis is very difficult. I was thrilled to know there was such a natural solution that pretty much cured him of the problem/inbalance.andra ^ . . ^= => > > > Here's more info:> > > >> > > >> > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > >> > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> in> > > > phosphorous> > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > disorders. Please see> > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > >> > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > >> > > > Here's a web article about> > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > >> > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The> human> variety> > of> > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> who> regularly> > eat> > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> neurological symptoms> like> > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> is not replaced.> > The> > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > >> > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> domestic cats do> > enjoy> > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

You're not being a pain. I completely understand the

complexities of our pets. Since I don't have that

information, I would suggest you call Orthomolecular

Specialties in San and speak to someone about

that. The woman who answers the phone has been a bit

gruff on occasion but I get past that because in the

end, I want what's best for my babies. After you call

them, let me know what you found out. I may have to

call them soon as well because Dr. Belfield did

recommend a product of his for my cat, Mickey who has

Chronic Renal Failure. I'm curious what he has to say

about the product he recommended.

Let me know how it all works out. Does your dog get

alot of sun? Oh, I was wondering if you ever looked

into wheatgrass for your dog? I just started giving

my cats organic wheatgrass again (powder mixed with

water- because I am reminded of the enormous health

benefits including magnesium that wheatgrass has that

can help with arthritis and to help bring the body

back in balance. I started taking it myself after

being away from it for years and feel better already.

Best,

andra ^ . . ^

--- susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote:

>

>

> andra,

>

> Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug

> you about this, but is

> there an actual list of the ingredients that

> supply these nutrients? My

> dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see

> the actual list of

> ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides.

>

> Sorry to be such a pain about this! :)

>

>

>

>

> beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote:

> ,

> I noticed they just put up a new website. This may

> be why they haven't

> listed the

> ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with

> them about their products

> as well or write

> to Dr. Belfield.

>

> In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in

> Mega C. I think it's

> amazing for arthritis. My

> cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck

> which really scared me.

> That was back in

> 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within

> 2-3 weeks it stopped.

>

> Here are the ingredients:

>

> Each teaspoon supplies:

> B-1

> Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2

> plus the following B-6

> Sodium B-12

> potassium A

> calcium D

> magnesium E

> phosphorus Niacinamide

> zinc Panothenic Acid

> copper Folic Acid

> iodine Biotin

> selenium Inositol

> manganese

>

> I buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the

> powder, which you put

> in your cat's

> food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food

> mixture) according to

> their weight

> which is listed clearly on the bottle.

>

> Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis

> is very difficult. I was

> thrilled to know

> there was such a natural solution that pretty much

> cured him of the

> problem/inbalance.

>

> andra ^ . . ^

> = =

>

>

> > > > > Here's more info:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats,

> but tuna

> > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any

> seafoods as they are

> high

> > in

> > > > > phosphorous

> > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can

> contribute to the lower urinary

> > > > > disorders. Please see

> > > > > the following article:

> http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's a web article about

> > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any

> vet can confirm this

> > > > > fact as well):

> http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...

> > > > >

> > > > > " TUNA FOR CATS? NO!

> > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not

> something to be fed to them..

> The

> > human

> > variety

> > > of

> > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys

> vitamin B1 (thiamine).

> Cats

> > who

> > regularly

> > > eat

> > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency,

> which results in

> > neurological symptoms

> > like

> > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures

> and death if this

> vitamin

> > is not replaced.

> > > The

> > > > > scientific name of this disease is

> polioencephlomalacia.

> > > > >

> > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato

> said that though most

> > domestic cats do

> > > enjoy

> > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can

> cause serious disorders.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

One of my kitties has arthritis and limps a bit. Could you tell me where I can order this product for her. Much thanks, Edybeyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: ,I noticed they just put up a new website. This may be why they haven't listed the ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with them about their products as well or write to Dr. Belfield. In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in Mega C. I think it's amazing for arthritis. My

cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck which really scared me. That was back in 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within 2-3 weeks it stopped.Here are the ingredients:Each teaspoon supplies: B-1Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2plus the following B-6Sodium B-12potassium Acalcium Dmagnesium Ephosphorus Niacinamidezinc Panothenic Acidcopper Folic Acidiodine Biotinselenium InositolmanganeseI buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the powder, which you put in your cat's food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food mixture) according to their weight which is listed clearly on the bottle.Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis is very difficult. I was thrilled to know there was such a natural solution that pretty much cured him of the problem/inbalance.andra ^ . . ^= => > > > Here's more info:> > > >> > > >> > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > >> >

> > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> in> > > > phosphorous> > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > disorders. Please see> > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > >> > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > >> > > > Here's a web article about> > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > >> > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to

them...The> human> variety> > of> > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> who> regularly> > eat> > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> neurological symptoms> like> > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> is not replaced.> > The> > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > >> > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> domestic cats do> > enjoy> > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Links>

Guest guest

Is this where to buy the Mega C?Life Coach <beyourpassion@...> wrote: ,You're not being a pain. I completely understand thecomplexities of our pets. Since I don't have thatinformation, I would suggest you call OrthomolecularSpecialties in San and speak to someone aboutthat. The woman who answers the phone has been a bitgruff on occasion but I get past that because in theend, I want what's best for my babies. After you callthem, let me know what you found out. I may have tocall them soon

as well because Dr. Belfield didrecommend a product of his for my cat, Mickey who hasChronic Renal Failure. I'm curious what he has to sayabout the product he recommended. Let me know how it all works out. Does your dog getalot of sun? Oh, I was wondering if you ever lookedinto wheatgrass for your dog? I just started givingmy cats organic wheatgrass again (powder mixed withwater- because I am reminded of the enormous healthbenefits including magnesium that wheatgrass has thatcan help with arthritis and to help bring the bodyback in balance. I started taking it myself afterbeing away from it for years and feel better already.Best,andra ^ . . ^--- susan <ssiegel5verizon (DOT) net> wrote:> > > andra, > > Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug> you about this, but is> there an actual list of

the ingredients that> supply these nutrients? My> dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see> the actual list of> ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides.> > Sorry to be such a pain about this! :)> > > > > beyourpassion <beyourpassion > wrote:> ,> I noticed they just put up a new website. This may> be why they haven't> listed the > ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with> them about their products> as well or write > to Dr. Belfield. > > In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in> Mega C. I think it's> amazing for arthritis. My > cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck> which really scared me.> That was back in > 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs.

Within> 2-3 weeks it stopped.> > Here are the ingredients:> > Each teaspoon supplies: > B-1> Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2> plus the following B-6> Sodium B-12> potassium A> calcium D> magnesium E> phosphorus Niacinamide> zinc Panothenic Acid> copper Folic Acid> iodine Biotin> selenium Inositol> manganese> > I buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the> powder, which you put> in your cat's > food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food> mixture) according to> their weight > which is listed clearly on the bottle.> > Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis> is very difficult. I was> thrilled to know > there was such a natural solution that pretty much> cured him of the> problem/inbalance.> > andra ^ . .

^> = => > > > > > > Here's more info:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats,> but tuna> > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > > >> > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any> seafoods as they are> high> > in> > > > > phosphorous> > > > > and

changes the urinary pH which can> contribute to the lower urinary> > > > > disorders. Please see> > > > > the following article:> http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > > >> > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > > >> > > > > Here's a web article about> > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any> vet can confirm this> > > > > fact as well):> http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > > >> > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not> something to be fed to them..> The> > human> >

variety> > > of> > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys> vitamin B1 (thiamine).> Cats> > who> > regularly> > > eat> > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency,> which results in> > neurological symptoms> > like> > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures> and death if this> vitamin> > is not replaced.> > > The> > > > > scientific name of this disease is> polioencephlomalacia.> > > > >> > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato> said that though most> > domestic cats do> > > enjoy> > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can> cause serious disorders.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > >

Guest guest

Thanks, andra,

I will contact them to get that list.

My dog is allergic to every grain and pork. So wheatgrass would probably not be good for him. We suspect he has lyme also, hence all the allergies. There are probably some other one's we don't know about too, as his ears become yeasty off and on, which I relate to allergies or insensitivities. Too bad you can't do NAET on a dog! I give him MMS off/on, silver and iodine. These 3 things have helped him a lot.

Thanks again for the info. I will let you know what I find out.

-- Re: [ ] Re: more cat stuff ^ . . ^

You're not being a pain. I completely understand the

complexities of our pets. Since I don't have that

information, I would suggest you call Orthomolecular

Specialties in San and speak to someone about

that. The woman who answers the phone has been a bit

gruff on occasion but I get past that because in the

end, I want what's best for my babies. After you call

them, let me know what you found out. I may have to

call them soon as well because Dr. Belfield did

recommend a product of his for my cat, Mickey who has

Chronic Renal Failure. I'm curious what he has to say

about the product he recommended.

Let me know how it all works out. Does your dog get

alot of sun? Oh, I was wondering if you ever looked

into wheatgrass for your dog? I just started giving

my cats organic wheatgrass again (powder mixed with

water- because I am reminded of the enormous health

benefits including magnesium that wheatgrass has that

can help with arthritis and to help bring the body

back in balance. I started taking it myself after

being away from it for years and feel better already.

Best,

andra ^ . . ^

--- susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote:

>

>

> andra,

>

> Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug

> you about this, but is

> there an actual list of the ingredients that

> supply these nutrients? My

> dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see

> the actual list of

> ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides.

>

> Sorry to be such a pain about this! :)

>

>

>

>

> beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote:

> ,

> I noticed they just put up a new website. This may

> be why they haven't

> listed the

> ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with

> them about their products

> as well or write

> to Dr. Belfield.

>

> In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in

> Mega C. I think it's

> amazing for arthritis. My

> cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck

> which really scared me.

> That was back in

> 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within

> 2-3 weeks it stopped.

>

> Here are the ingredients:

>

> Each teaspoon supplies:

> B-1

> Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2

> plus the following B-6

> Sodium B-12

> potassium A

> calcium D

> magnesium E

> phosphorus Niacinamide

> zinc Panothenic Acid

> copper Folic Acid

> iodine Biotin

> selenium Inositol

> manganese

>

> I buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the

> powder, which you put

> in your cat's

> food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food

> mixture) according to

> their weight

> which is listed clearly on the bottle.

>

> Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis

> is very difficult. I was

> thrilled to know

> there was such a natural solution that pretty much

> cured him of the

> problem/inbalance.

>

> andra ^ . . ^

> = =

>

>

> > > > > Here's more info:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats,

> but tuna

> > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any

> seafoods as they are

> high

> > in

> > > > > phosphorous

> > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can

> contribute to the lower urinary

> > > > > disorders. Please see

> > > > > the following article:

> http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's a web article about

> > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any

> vet can confirm this

> > > > > fact as well):

> http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...

> > > > >

> > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!

> > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not

> something to be fed to them..

> The

> > human

> > variety

> > > of

> > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys

> vitamin B1 (thiamine).

> Cats

> > who

> > regularly

> > > eat

> > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency,

> which results in

> > neurological symptoms

> > like

> > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures

> and death if this

> vitamin

> > is not replaced.

> > > The

> > > > > scientific name of this disease is

> polioencephlomalacia.

> > > > >

> > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato

> said that though most

> > domestic cats do

> > > enjoy

> > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can

> cause serious disorders.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

a lot of pets are getting sick chemicals (sprayed on yards) it can take awhile b-4 you see this after they were exposed to the chemicals. then there is the vaccines ?? h. metals, & more chemicals ?? rogersusan <ssiegel5@...> wrote: Thanks, andra, I will contact them to get that list. My dog is allergic to every grain and pork. So wheatgrass would probably not be good for him. We suspect he has lyme also, hence all the allergies. There are probably some other one's we don't know about too, as his ears become yeasty off and on, which I relate to allergies or insensitivities. Too bad you can't do NAET on a dog! I give him MMS off/on, silver and iodine. These 3 things have helped him a lot. Thanks again for the info. I will let you know what I find out. -- Re: [ ] Re:

more cat stuff ^ . . ^ , You're not being a pain. I completely understand the complexities of our pets. Since I don't have that information, I would suggest you call Orthomolecular Specialties in San and speak to someone about that. The woman who answers the phone has been a bit gruff on occasion but I get past that because in the end, I want what's best for my babies. After you call them, let me know what you found out. I may have to call them soon as well because Dr. Belfield did recommend a product of his for my cat, Mickey who has Chronic Renal Failure. I'm curious what he has to say about the product he recommended. Let me know how it all works out. Does your dog get alot of sun? Oh,

I was wondering if you ever looked into wheatgrass for your dog? I just started giving my cats organic wheatgrass again (powder mixed with water- because I am reminded of the enormous health benefits including magnesium that wheatgrass has that can help with arthritis and to help bring the body back in balance. I started taking it myself after being away from it for years and feel better already. Best, andra ^ . . ^ --- susan <ssiegel5verizon (DOT) net> wrote: > > > andra, > > Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug > you about this, but is > there an actual list of the ingredients that >

supply these nutrients? My > dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see > the actual list of > ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides. > > Sorry to be such a pain about this! :) > > > > > beyourpassion <beyourpassion > wrote: > , > I noticed they just put up a new website. This may > be why they haven't > listed the > ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with > them about their products > as well or write > to Dr. Belfield. > > In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in > Mega C. I think it's > amazing for arthritis. My > cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck > which really scared me. > That was back in > 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within > 2-3 weeks it stopped. > > Here are the ingredients: > > Each teaspoon supplies: > B-1 > Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2 > plus the following B-6 > Sodium B-12 > potassium A > calcium D > magnesium E > phosphorus Niacinamide > zinc Panothenic Acid > copper Folic Acid > iodine Biotin > selenium Inositol > manganese > > I buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the > powder, which you put > in your cat's > food (I put it in

their wellness formula or raw food > mixture) according to > their weight > which is listed clearly on the bottle. > > Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis > is very difficult. I was > thrilled to know > there was such a natural solution that pretty much > cured him of the > problem/inbalance. > > andra ^ . . ^ > = = > > > > > > > Here's more info: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, > but tuna > > > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat. > > > > > > > > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any > seafoods as they are > high > > in > > > > > phosphorous > > > > > and changes the urinary pH which can > contribute to the lower urinary > > > > > disorders. Please see > > > > > the following article: > http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P... > > > > > > > > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous: > > > > > > > > > > Here's a web article about > > > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any > vet can confirm this > > > > > fact as well): > http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T... > > > > > > > > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO! > > > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not > something to be fed to them.. > The > > human >

> variety > > > of > > > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys > vitamin B1 (thiamine). > Cats > > who > > regularly > > > eat > > > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, > which results in > > neurological symptoms > > like > > > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures > and death if this > vitamin > > is not replaced. > > > The > > > > > scientific name of this disease is > polioencephlomalacia. > > > > > > > > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato > said that though most > > domestic cats do > > > enjoy > > > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can > cause serious disorders. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > >

Guest guest

At 10:20 AM 21/04/2008, you wrote: " I just started

giving my cats organic wheatgrass again (powder mixed with water- because

I am reminded of the enormous health benefits including magnesium that

wheatgrass has that can help with arthritis... "

Hi andra, I bought some of this a while back for myself but

cannot get it down due to the taste (I gag on it) so this about giving it

to cats made me wonder about giving it to my dogs. One of them has

arthritis but the other is fine. I have been told that dogs

shouldn't be given flavoured water, e.g., soups or anything else in

water. Do you have a view on that please? And if you think it

is ok, how much water to wheatgrass; just like for a human? After

all that I'm not sure my dog would take it anyway as she's very

finicky.

Thanks in advance.......LD

Guest guest

At 02:35 PM 21/04/2008, you wrote: " I am taking

" Amazing Grass " brand organic wheat grass powder. The

recommendation for humans is one tablespoon in 4-8 ozs water or juice

& water first thing in the a.m.; on an empty stomach. "

I'm in Australia and purchased mine here. It is organic and a

reputable product. It recommends 1 heaped tsp twice daily on empty

stomach. I cannot drink grape juice due to Insulin Resistance

because it raises my blood glucose level too high. I wish I could

because I love it. An aside: when I started MMS I tried just a tiny

amount of apple/strawberry juice to 'help the medicine go down' but

it too raised the BGL too high so I now take that in water with a couple

of drops of stevia.

Thanks to this issue being raised again, I'm determined to find a way to

get it into me and my dog! Currently I'm drinking it in some

chicken soup. It's pretty awful still but I am forcing it down and

wondering if I can do this twice daily. <LOL>

How long after taking the wheatgrass should I wait before taking the Vit

C please? I'm taking so much these days and finding it hard to work

them all into the schedule as they mostly need to be kept apart from each

other or food! <sigh>

All suggestions that take BGL into account very welcome.

:-)

It was a vet at the Lort Animal Hospital here in who told

me about not giving soups etc., to dogs as they cannot digest it.

One hear's so many conflicting pieces of information.

<shrug>

" For your dog - I would estimate the tablespoon for humans to be for

150 pound person approx. So, depending on how much your dog weighs.

I give my cats a bit less than 1/8 tsp mixed in with their wet food and

they love the taste. I only mix it in one side of the bowl so the other

side tastes like meat while the opposing side has the wheat grass taste

to it. "

Thanks for the suggested amounts for my dogs andra. Is

there a problem with adding both MMS and the Wheatgrass to the same

dinner for my dogs? They are on the BARF diet.

LD

Guest guest

O.k. You guys convinced me. I'll give it a try the wheatgrass for my dog.

-- Re: [ ] Re: more cat stuff ^ . . ^

Hi

Extremely green vegs, wheatgrass, etc are helpful in

getting rid of some of the allergies ....if not all of them

for man or beast. It seems to be the chloryphyll. The

allergies may actually be a yeast infection. Wheatgrass

is good for that, too.

Ann Wigmore, the lady who introduced us to wheatgrass,

grew some of it along with other grasses and then she

had her cats come in and see which grasses the cats

preferred and they always picked wheatgrass she said

in her book.

Helen

susan <ssiegel5@...> wrote:

andra,

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to bug you about this, but is there an actual list of the ingredients that supply these nutrients? My dog is allergic to a lot of things and I need to see the actual list of ingredients, not just the nutrients it provides.

Sorry to be such a pain about this! :)

beyourpassion <beyourpassion > wrote:

,I noticed they just put up a new website. This may be why they haven't listed the ingredients yet. Feel free to call and speak with them about their products as well or write to Dr. Belfield. In any case, here's a list of the ingredients in Mega C. I think it's amazing for arthritis. My cat had this arthritic twitch in his head and neck which really scared me. That was back in 2001. He also had some arthritis in his legs. Within 2-3 weeks it stopped.Here are the ingredients:Each teaspoon supplies: B-1Sodium ascorbate 3,000 mg B-2plus the following B-6Sodium B-12potassium Acalcium Dmagnesium Ephosphorus Niacinamidezinc Panothenic Acidcopper Folic Acidiodine Biotinselenium InositolmanganeseI buy the 8 oz. bottle of powder. The dosage for the powder, which you put in your cat's food (I put it in their wellness formula or raw food mixture) according to their weight which is listed clearly on the bottle.Good luck. I know watching an animal with arthritis is very difficult. I was thrilled to know there was such a natural solution that pretty much cured him of the problem/inbalance.andra ^ . . ^= => > > > Here's more info:> > > >> > > >> > > > However, tuna in fact isn't good for cats, but tuna> > > > juice is fine if only to entice a cat.> > > >> > > > Cats with urinary problems should avoid any seafoods as they are high> in> > > > phosphorous> > > > and changes the urinary pH which can contribute to the lower urinary> > > > disorders. Please see> > > > the following article: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS_P...> > > >> > > > Here's an article on why tuna is dangerous:> > > >> > > > Here's a web article about> > > > Tuna and how it is toxic to cats (again any vet can confirm this> > > > fact as well): http://www.lenhumanesoc.org/Tips/ASPCA-T...> > > >> > > > "TUNA FOR CATS? NO!> > > > Tuna can be fatal to cats and is not something to be fed to them...The> human> variety> > of> > > > tuna fish contains an enzyme that destroys vitamin B1 (thiamine). Cats> who> regularly> > eat> > > > tuna can develop a vitamin B1 deficiency, which results in> neurological symptoms> like> > > > dilated eyes, loss of equilibrium, seizures and death if this vitamin> is not replaced.> > The> > > > scientific name of this disease is polioencephlomalacia.> > > >> > > > Clearwater veterinarian Brancato said that though most> domestic cats do> > enjoy> > > > fish, feeding them a diet of only tuna can cause serious disorders.> > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

At 09:23 PM 21/04/2008, you wrote: " O.k. You guys

convinced me. I'll give it a try the wheatgrass for my

dog. "

Me too . I started them tonight with both the wheatgrass and

MMS. I started the MMS at just 1 drop each.

Thanks andra....LD

Guest guest

Hi If I had a sick dog or cat, I would give wheatgrass and this is why. A dog will, from time to time, eat grass and then they will sometimes vomit it up. I believe this is a way for them to ' treat' what is bothering them ...perhaps an upset stomach from something they ate in someone's garbage or something. So chloryphyll is not entirely alien to them. Also it is ok to put wheatgrass in soup but if the soup is too hot you need to remember it will kill the enzymes in the wheatgrass so if the soup is lukewarm it is better...not above 115 degrees Fahrenheit which is just about body temperature. I find that wheatgrass is not my favorite drink. I used to wonder if I should freeze it in small cubes and then swallow them whole :)) I never did try it but I still think it would work ok if you followed with warm/hot water. It would be better than not taking the wheatgrass at all. I used to eat raw liver that way. I'd freeze it in small cubelike chunks and swallow them whole. Helen beyourpassion <beyourpassion@...> wrote: Hi there,As far as MMS dose and wheatgrass for dogs. Intuitively I get to keep them separate. Much of the work I do is intuitive with animals and it's usually very accurate. I would keep them

separate. As far as you taking wheatgrass in soup - God bless! (tee hee hee) A brave soul you are.I suppose you could try this instead - make an herbal tea strong solution and wait til it's room temperature or chill it in the fridge then mix the powder that way. Choose something like blueberry or peach tea from celestial seasonings or whatever grabs your fancy. I think that should do the trick!What particular problems are you trying to solve? Both you and your dog?Hope that helps,andra "I am taking "Amazing Grass" brand > organic wheat grass powder. The recommendation for humans is one > tablespoon in 4-8 ozs water or juice & water first thing in the a.m.; >

on an empty stomach."> > I'm in Australia and purchased mine here. It is organic and a > reputable product. It recommends 1 heaped tsp twice daily on empty > stomach. I cannot drink grape juice due to Insulin Resistance > because it raises my blood glucose level too high. I wish I could > because I love it. An aside: when I started MMS I tried just a tiny > amount of apple/strawberry juice to 'help the medicine go down' but > it too raised the BGL too high so I now take that in water with a > couple of drops of stevia.> > Thanks to this issue being raised again, I'm determined to find a way > to get it into me and my dog! Currently I'm drinking it in some > chicken soup. It's pretty awful still but I am forcing it down and > wondering if I can do this twice daily. <LOL>> > How long after taking the wheatgrass should I wait before taking the > Vit C

please? I'm taking so much these days and finding it hard to > work them all into the schedule as they mostly need to be kept apart > from each other or food! <sigh>> > All suggestions that take BGL into account very welcome. :-)> > It was a vet at the Lort Animal Hospital here in who > told me about not giving soups etc., to dogs as they cannot digest > it. One hear's so many conflicting pieces of information. <shrug>> > "For your dog - I would estimate the tablespoon for humans to be for > 150 pound person approx. So, depending on how much your dog > weighs. I give my cats a bit less than 1/8 tsp mixed in with their > wet food and they love the taste. I only mix it in one side of the > bowl so the other side tastes like meat while the opposing side has > the wheat grass taste to it."> > Thanks for the suggested amounts for my

dogs andra. Is there a > problem with adding both MMS and the Wheatgrass to the same dinner > for my dogs? They are on the BARF diet.> > LD> Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation? More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain Make $$$$s! www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

Guest guest

At 10:05 PM 22/04/2008, helen/zhebee wrote:

" A dog will, from time to time,

eat grass... "

According to the books I've read and the diet I have my girls on (BARF)

they will eat grass if they don't get vegetables. Plus dogs need

their vegies in the already digested format that they used to get as wild

animals, or something close to it. We used to prepare them

ourselves but it got too hard given my limited physical abilities these

days so now we purchase from a company that prepares the vegies in

different raw meats.

Thanks......LD