RemedySpot.com

Diabetes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello to you all. I am on this list now because my dad recommended MMS to me as he had borderline diabetes, started on MMS and has had wonderful results. Now he did lose weight and watches what he eats, but added MMS and doesn't even have to take his meds anymore. I searched the posts on the MMS group page and couldn't find much regarding diabetes. Does anyone out there have any personal experience with MMS helping diabetics? I'm Type II so it can be helped greatly with lifestyle, but I would be what most doctors would call "severe". Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated regarding MMS or any other natural way to manage this pain in the butt condition. Thanks so much, and I'm glad I

found this group.Lilo-

Guest guest

Interesting! Keep us informed. I just did a post on diabetes and its possibility that it may be an infection on a herb list. I will repost it here. You guys may be more receptive:

I just read a piece in my local paper that basically said that a recent study showed no reduction in death rate, if blood sugar levels were rigorously controlled. That was a big surprise. I have been studying the work of an evolutionary biologist, Dr. Ewald and his work certainly makes one reconsider the fact that many chronic diseases, we feel have unknown origin, are really infections. Diabetes would be one! If this is true, it would open up whole new thoughts of how treatment should be instigated. It would also be the reason why this new study showed no improvement as the infection is not being addressed, but only the secondary symptoms of blood sugar levels/insulin. Dr. Ewald and Dr. Cochran have brought new insight into the field of infectious diseases. Dr. Ewald is a brilliant free-thinker, an evolutionary biologist that offers much food for thought when it comes to epidemiology. Before I discuss Ewald, I would like to mention another brilliant researcher, Dr. Cochran, who was Dr. Ewald's inspiration. This is all discussed in an exceptional article by Judith Hooper of the Atlantic Monthly. She quotes Dr. Cochran as saying that widespread, old diseases are infectious, if their incidence in the general population is above one-in-one thousand. If he sees a disease that has been observed in the population for many years, he becomes very suspicious that it may well be infectious in nature. His view is that the most "fitness antagonistic diseases" must be of an infectious nature, not genetic and often times not (non-living) environmentally caused, either. The word, "Fitness", is defined as simply the survivability of an animal over others on an evolutionary scale. Judith Hooper writes: "Consider a disease with a fitness cost of one percent -- that is, a disease that takes a toll on survival or reproduction such that people who have it, end up with one percent fewer offspring, on average, than the general population. That small amount adds up. If you have an inherited disease with a one percent fitness cost, in the next generation there will be 99 percent of the original number in the gene pool. Eventually the number of people with the disease will dwindle to close to zero -- or, more precisely, to the rate produced by random genetic mutations: about one in 50,000 to one in 100,000." Dr. Ewald has come to the same conclusion that when one finds diseases in populations for many generations which still have a negative impact on fitness--they likely are infection based. The idea that certain diseases are common to family ancestors (as you mention your diabetes is to yours) does not necessary mean it is genetic. One can have a transference of infection from one generation to the other. The true genetic diseases tend to disappear in the future generations. Not necessarily so, stealth pathogens which may be handed down. He writes: '"A disease-causing gene that reduces survival and reproduction would normally eliminate itself over a number of generations." Natural selection will weed out any defects that is not advantageous to that individual and the family line. This is not particularly true of a inherited infection. Here we have a totally different ballgame. Not only this, but when researchers find that DNA mutations are linked to a certain syndrome, they never seem to take into the consideration that this DNA abnormality may be a direct result of a pathogen. Bacteria, viruses and others are known for their manipulation of DNA and RNA in the host. There are many bacteria and other pathogens classes (L-forms and biofilm) that at this time are not culturable and do not follow the Koch Postulates. So detection is very difficult. Maybe Ewald and Cochran's observations and logic are for now, the only way to suspect that diabetes may be, indeed, an infection. You should read up on L-forms of bacterium and biofilms. Some websites:http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/99feb/germs.htmhttp://bacteriality.com/doug (missouri)

[ ] Diabetes

Hello to you all. I am on this list now because my dad recommended MMS to me as he had borderline diabetes, started on MMS and has had wonderful results. Now he did lose weight and watches what he eats, but added MMS and doesn't even have to take his meds anymore. I searched the posts on the MMS group page and couldn't find much regarding diabetes. Does anyone out there have any personal experience with MMS helping diabetics? I'm Type II so it can be helped greatly with lifestyle, but I would be what most doctors would call "severe". Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated regarding MMS or any other natural way to manage this pain in the butt condition. Thanks so much, and I'm glad I found this group.Lilo

-

Guest guest

In Adam Abrahams interview with Jim Humble on DVD there are two cases reported

to have excellent results with mms and diabetes. You should see the DVD. I have

heard a

few other stories also. If it were me I would go for it.

And yes, this presents every consideration that diabetes is brought on by a

microbe, possibly even juenile onset, as some kids have a working pancrease up

until the

age of 2 or 3.

And then this would make we wonder if diabetes, if caused by a microbe, has a

conateous

factor involved.

Every notice how MS runs in families? Hmmm.....

Best,

Arrow

In , Lilo <liloredhead@...> wrote:

>

> Hello to you all. I am on this list now because my dad recommended MMS to me

as he

had borderline diabetes, started on MMS and has had wonderful results. Now he

did lose

weight and watches what he eats, but added MMS and doesn't even have to take his

meds

anymore. I searched the posts on the MMS group page and couldn't find much

regarding diabetes. Does anyone out there have any personal experience with MMS

helping

diabetics? I'm Type II so it can be helped greatly with lifestyle, but I would

be what most

doctors would call " severe " . Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly

appreciated

regarding MMS or any other natural way to manage this pain in the butt

condition. Thanks

so much, and I'm glad I found this group.

> Lilo

>

>

> -

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

I would go with your Dad's suggestions.

After all, he has used it for what you have

and he has similar genetics to you...

Dan

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of LiloSent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:48 AM Subject: [ ] Diabetes

Hello to you all. I am on this list now because my dad recommended MMS to me as he had borderline diabetes, started on MMS and has had wonderful results. Now he did lose weight and watches what he eats, but added MMS and doesn't even have to take his meds anymore. I searched the posts on the MMS group page and couldn't find much regarding diabetes. Does anyone out there have any personal experience with MMS helping diabetics? I'm Type II so it can be helped greatly with lifestyle, but I would be what most doctors would call "severe". Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated regarding MMS or any other natural way to manage this pain in the butt condition. Thanks so much, and I'm glad I found this group.Lilo

-

• 2 years later...

Some of you have come forward saying they had diabetes. I found this article

interesting, because it is a rule of thumb to follow:

I always ask my patients if they have been experiencing low blood sugar, also

known as hypoglycemia. Based on the guidelines set by the American Diabetes

Association, hypoglycemia may be defined as blood glucose levels less than 70

mg/dL. I ask patients with diabetes this question because low blood sugar is

dangerous. Let's look at why.

Risks for Hypoglycemia

When your blood glucose levels drop too low, you may feel dizzy, shaky,

irritable, sweaty, confused. You may even pass out or have a seizure if low

blood glucose is not treated.

Some causes may be skipping meals, taking too much diabetes medication, needing

a change in medication, or increased activity. My patients with diabetes often

say “When my blood sugar is low I just eat something” or “I get shaky because I

have diabetes.” But this may not be correct. Let's look at the proper way to

treat hypoglycemia.

Follow the “Rule of 15”

This easy to remember guidance, called the " Rule of 15, " can help keep you safe:

• When you feel symptoms of low glucose, check your blood sugar

• Take 15 grams of fast acting carbohydrate

• Wait 15 minutes; check your blood sugar again

• If glucose is greater than 70 mg/dL then have a snack or the meal you may have

missed

• If glucose is still less than 70 mg/dL – then repeat the treatment

• If you still have low glucose after treating a third time then call 911

When you have low glucose you need to eat 15 grams of fast acting carbohydrate

such as 4 ounces of juice or 3-4 glucose tablets. Having a candy bar or

chocolate is not recommended. These have a high fat content that will increase

glucose much more slowly. Instead you need a treatment that will work fast.

Preventing hypoglycemia includes not skipping meals, talking to your healthcare

provider about changes in your medication, and checking your blood sugar

regularly.

http://tinyurl.com/4p2hwww

FYI,

Lottie Duthu